PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Controller For 2011 Vaquero

ctc6698
10-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Picked up a slightly used 2011 Vaquero this weekend. Previous owner had installed V&H 4" slip-ons and Kury's Alley Cat high flow breather.

When I asked him if he'd installed a fuel controller, he looked dumb-founded.:hmm:

Since I don't have a tag for it yet, I haven't had a chance to ride it and watch the temp gauge, but I'd suspect he created a lean situation.

Any different thoughts?

Considering going ahead with a Powerpro unless there's something as simple but better out there.

redjay
10-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Are you sure it does not already have one ? Maybe the previous owner did not do the mods ? Take the seat off and take a look for a fuel controller ?

Old Bear
10-21-2013, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't put one on. If he wasn't on a fine forum such as this one (do I get points for promotional plugs?) he may very well not know that he needed one after opening the engine up in such a fashion. If one isn't under the seat or a side panel, you now know what your first mod should be!
The two main ones for the Vaquero are the Power Commander V (PCV) or one of the Power Pro models. Do a search for either on here and you will find bunches of threads.

Vulcanrider03
10-21-2013, 06:25 PM
ctc6698

I''m using the Cobra power pro with the Tri ovals on my 1700 Nomad and I love the performance an MPG.. I had a power commander on my 1500 and always had some issue with it whether it ran too rich , too lean and sometime the bike would not start fouling plugs.. The Cobra I got from Smokey a year ago and love it, best upgrade ever done with the thunder open air kit

Just a suggestion

Kevinhyland
10-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I have the Power Pro on my 11 Vaquero and it works amazing, highly recommend.

ctc6698
10-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the input guys....unless he hid it behind the headlight, it's doesn't have one on there.

Going PowerPro