PDA

View Full Version : Voyager 1700 Rear Speakers Alternatives

Boscoe
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Are there any good alternatives the rear speakers kit that Kawasaki sells? I hate to spend the $300+ to get the kit, and then have to spend another $100 to take them apart to put decent speakers inside of the Kawa enclosures.

The OEM speakers do suck- I am considering a few, but it is hard to find decent speakers in the 5.25" size that are also marine grade. Any ideas would be appreciated for this as well.
Thanks

cactusjack
08-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Speaker options are limited with these bikes.

kf4zkl
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
The original speakers Looks good and sounds very well..

okiecop
08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Polk Audio DB521 for the speaker replacements. Much better sound.

Byron
08-29-2013, 11:10 PM
i chainged the front speakers the rear i left kaw installed thay sound good

Win_surfur
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Polk Audio DB521 for front or rear speaker replacements. They are $56 a pair through Amazon.

George
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM
The original speakers Looks good and sounds very well..
I don't mean to steal the thread but this question is for kf4zkl, I also ride a Voyager and right now my highway pegs are just off the floor boards and would prefer something a little higher or another option on those long rides. In your pics your pegs are on your crash bars, question is I'm only 5' 10" on a humid day with 32" short ass legs, are we about the same height and do you think your set up would work for me.
Thanks George

Boscoe
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
KF4ZKL: Thanks for the pics! Very nice bike. The Cobra racks on the trunk and saddlebags look much nicer than I thought they would.

GEORGE: I have the Cobra Swing-Wing offest pegs mounted very much like KF4ZKL has, except mine are a little lower. I have them positioned where I can rest my heel on the floorboards, and the toe on the pegs for a third place to put my feet. Make sure you get the offset peg mounts- that will give you plenty of fore/aft adjustment to get them where they are comfortable for you.

Boscoe
08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I believe the Infinity 6032cf speakers are marine- rated, but not the Polks? The Boss Audio MR50B look good too, and are pretty cheap.

George
08-30-2013, 02:42 PM
KF4ZKL: Thanks for the pics! Very nice bike. The Cobra racks on the trunk and saddlebags look much nicer than I thought they would.

GEORGE: I have the Cobra Swing-Wing offest pegs mounted very much like KF4ZKL has, except mine are a little lower. I have them positioned where I can rest my heel on the floorboards, and the toe on the pegs for a third place to put my feet. Make sure you get the offset peg mounts- that will give you plenty of fore/aft adjustment to get them where they are comfortable for you.

Yes Boscoe I have to agree with you on the luggage rack and saddle bags, I was also looking at a few others but I think they look sweet. Anyways would you have a pic of your highway pegs, on my bike I have those clear wind deflectors [not sure what they are call] that mold around the lower legs and mount onto the crash bars and I'm not sure if there is enough room below them to mount the pegs your talking about and rest my feet on them.
Thanks

Boscoe
08-30-2013, 03:24 PM
I'll try to get some pics and get them posted.

kf4zkl
08-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Boscoe THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT, REAR RACKS IN PERSON LOOKS BETTER, GEORGE I AM 6 FT AND Highway Pegs FIT GOOD. SOME PIC.

Win_surfur
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
The infinity's are too big.

From the Curcthfield web site -
Infinity Reference 6032cf

6-3/4" 2-way car speakers — also fit 6-1/2" openings