PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Regional Rally

waterman
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, folks. I know from talking with people at the National Rally that there really wasn't much enthusiasm for Logan as a spot for 2014. Something about BD having to cross Utah again.:lmao: Well, I have talked with Idaho Bud about possibly doing a combined NW/SW and potentially a Western Canada Rally hosted by the NW group. It's probably fair since the 2011 Rally was in SW technically (5 miles from the NW region).

What are your thoughts on a combined rally in Orofino, ID? Need to know soon so we can finish up plans either way.

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34846

Sin City Stan
08-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Joel, Sorry I didn't see your VM until this morning.

Idaho works for me. It's 100 miles further than Estes Park but there is very little Interstate riding. :D The only problem is the distance between some gas stops running North through Nevada.

cactusjack
08-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Orofino works for me. I'd like to see that area.

Dave
08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I don't get it. I thought Logan was it. Count me out again.

waterman
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't get it. I thought Logan was it. Count me out again.

I can't remember when we counted you in Dave.:wtf::lmao:

cactusjack
08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Dave is wanted in Idaho and 4 other states, that's why he can't leave California. :D :lol:

waterman
08-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Dave is wanted in Idaho and 4 other states, that's why he can't leave California. :D :lol:

I wonder if he actually might be getting out.:hmm:

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?p=524954#post524954:P

Idaho
08-02-2013, 07:33 PM
I have contacted the proposed motel to see if there are any issues with local events in July. Except for the week of the 4th there is nothing. Give us some feedback as to what week in July you would prefer the 7th, 14th or 21st. I will block out a bunch of rooms on Monday based on your feedback. (assuming you guys want to travel to central Idaho)

Netnorske
08-03-2013, 01:19 AM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:....I just spit my drink up through my nose......:yep:! Sorry Dave....guess we'll have to Skype you again from the rally....:P.

Dave
08-03-2013, 02:20 AM

I did tee that one up easy.

Kawhead
08-03-2013, 02:22 AM
Dave is wanted in Idaho and 4 other states, that's why he can't leave California. :D :lol:Lemme guess. :hmm:
Alimony and child support? :shrug:

:D

markclark57
08-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm going to claim the Procrastinator's Prize. Won't be able to commit to that location any sooner than June 2014. :ohno:

On an up note, if I show up, it will be with Patricia since we both now have "Vulcan Baggers". :D

Dave
08-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Lemme guess. :hmm:
Alimony and child support? :shrug:

Na.. just getting to be a grumpy old man.
On second thought, maybe I should go. I'd fit right in with this motley bunch. But no smelly stinking cigars for me!!!

Idaho
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Na.. just getting to be a grumpy old man.
On second thought, maybe I should go. I'd fit right in with this motley bunch. But no smelly stinking cigars for me!!!

You and I can sit upwind of those smokepoles and enjoy cold beer and clean air. :tup:

Idaho
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm going to claim the Procrastinator's Prize. Won't be able to commit to that location any sooner than June 2014. :ohno:

On an up note, if I show up, it will be with Patricia since we both now have "Vulcan Baggers". :D

You are a lucky man Mark.

Idaho
08-03-2013, 01:50 PM
For those worrying about the summer heat you might think about looking into a water vest and neck band. Those should keep you cool.

cactusjack
08-03-2013, 03:07 PM
For those worrying about the summer heat you might think about looking into a water vest and neck band. Those should keep you cool.

That's easy for you to say, Bud. Remember that ride from Zion National Park to Mesquite? Imagine 500 miles of that.

blowndodge
08-03-2013, 04:13 PM
That's easy for you to say, Bud. Remember that ride from Zion National Park to Mesquite? Imagine 500 miles of that.

What happened to a 1200 miles of enjoyable ride aboard your Barney Davidson? :P

cactusjack
08-03-2013, 06:34 PM
What happened to a 1200 miles of enjoyable ride aboard your Barney Davidson? :P

That was before they said July.

Who was bitching about riding from Montrose to Williams? How about Laughlin to Barstow?

Tell you guys what - we'll have a SW rally down here in February. It will be in the upper 60's-lower 70's. I'm sure you'll all attend.

Brad and Stan are probably the only two that could make it here, besides the local guys (and you know who you are).

blowndodge
08-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm good with that!

waterman
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
That was before they said July.

Who was bitching about riding from Montrose to Williams? How about Laughlin to Barstow?

Tell you guys what - we'll have a SW rally down here in February. It will be in the upper 60's-lower 70's. I'm sure you'll all attend.

Brad and Stan are probably the only two that could make it here, besides the local guys (and you know who you are).

I'll trailer down for that.:tup:

markclark57
08-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Patricia and I would be on board for an AZ rally regardless of the month. :cheers:

It's more the extra time off than the miles that would keep us from attending.

Dave
08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Quartzsite would be beautiful that time of year.

rickyboy
08-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I believe you included Western Canada too?
Personally I can't commit at this point in time but I'd be "down for that".
I will post something in "our board" with a link to this one. Maybe there's some interest from north of the boarder.

Kawhead
08-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Quartzsite would be beautiful that time of year.

Quartsize is beautiful for any occasion or festivity. :yep:
Time isn't relevant.:shrug:

Netnorske
08-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I believe you included Western Canada too?
Personally I can't commit at this point in time but I'd be "down for that".
I will post something in "our board" with a link to this one. Maybe there's some interest from north of the boarder.

Ricky....for sure you guys have been mentioned and wholeheartedly included.

Besides....you Canucks need to rebound from your pathetic (non-existent) attendance numbers in Estes Park.....:P:lmao::cheers:!

usranger74
08-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I am sorry to hear that some members can't ride in the desert. Must be that left coast life style. I was looking forward to see you folks in Logan as I went to school there. Non-the-less, I am all in for ID (will go through Logan on the way). As soon as you post the dates, I will put in for my leave

blowndodge
08-04-2013, 09:34 PM
I, Marie and most likely the irrepressible Dave from Dumpster Diving fame will attend the Idaho trip. My good buddy Bud will owe BD a little love so maybe he'll teach me some fly fishing?? :D:tup:

I'm already excited! No interstate 15 north!! Yahoo!!!!:P

Dave
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Quartsize is beautiful for any occasion or festivity. :yep:
Time isn't relevant.:shrug:

So true. It is a little heaven on earth.

Dave
08-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I, Marie and most likely the irrepressible Dave from Dumpster Diving fame will attend the Idaho trip.

I've got to show up just to add a little class and dignity to the rally.

Brad, I just hope these yokels don't embarrass us by calling the pool at the hotel a cement pond.

blowndodge
08-04-2013, 10:45 PM
But they make a great Possum stew!!! :lol:

rickyboy
08-05-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm hoping to be retired and have all the time in the world. The long rides play hell with the knees and hip these days so I'll need some extra time getting there I think. I'm not sure a different bike would fix the problem either.

cactusjack
08-05-2013, 08:33 AM
I will most likely attend, it's a year out so don't know yet for sure. July is our fiscal year end and it's usually an "all hands on deck" period, so I don't know if I can even get the time off.

canuckrider
08-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Sounds do-able for me but I cannot request my vacation time until January.

BTW, I had booked to go to Estes Park but the company management decided that we needed to have a sales/training meeting in Toronto that week and that it took precedence over vacations, no matter how long they had been booked in advance.

Will be riding with eagle Eye, Hammer and Duffy this weekend so we'll discuss over Crown Royal and cigars one evening.

a340driver
08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Ya, I'd come down .. if my diy clutch holds ..