PDA

View Full Version : Mileage

cactusjack
07-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Just figured it out, my trip to the Rally and back was 2329.9 miles.

blowndodge
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM
2552 here Scott.

Top Cat
07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Well gentlemen, Cindy and I traveled 4797.7 miles according to my GPS.

cactusjack
07-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Well Tim, that would make sense since NY is a lot farther from CO than AZ is.

Top Cat
07-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Well Tim, that would make sense since NY is a lot farther from CO than AZ is.

Really, I wondered why it took us so long to get there. :shrug:

coacha
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
My mileage was 4868 back to the house. Did a little side trip to Albuquerque, NM on the way back.

Kawhead
07-13-2013, 12:25 PM
We just counting raw miles here right? I mean like, let's say a guy goes to sleep in Tennessee, and wakes up two days later in Colorado whether by jet or steam locomotive and stayed sauced the whole time.

Or are we splitting hairs here and sayin', "Only mileage on bikes count."?:shrug:

cactusjack
07-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Bike mileage only. Hemorrhoids earned from riding shotgun in an air conditioned truck don't count.

Top Cat
07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Or are we splitting hairs here and sayin', "Only mileage on bikes count."?:shrug:

Splittin hairs ?
It was a motorcycle rally Mike.
You are supposed to RIDE your motorcycle to a Motorcycle rally.
If you trailered it you don't even get credit for riding the motorcycle around Estes Park.
You have to subtract all trailer miles from total actual "on bike" miles.
Trailers are for wimps :ohno:

VulcanE
07-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Although I didn't get to go to the rally, I did take a New England trip, and I did get to meet up with TC, and I did stay in a Holiday Inn one night, but my trip was 3,297.4 miles by the GPS, and my fuel mileage average for the whole trip was 37 MPG pulling a trailer. :D

Top Cat
07-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Although I didn't get to go to the rally, I did take a New England trip, and I did get to meet up with TC, and I did stay in a Holiday Inn one night, but my trip was 3,297.4 miles by the GPS, and my fuel mileage average for the whole trip was 37 MPG pulling a trailer. :D

You can always get to another rally Cliff but how many chances will there be to meet up with me :D
I think you made the right choice http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/ornwink.gif

BudMan
07-13-2013, 07:02 PM
2191 miles for us.

Kawhead
07-13-2013, 07:25 PM
You can always get to another rally Cliff but how many chances will there be to meet up with me :D
I think you made the right choice http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/ornwink.gif
Sometimes your good heart comes shining through, TC, no matter how hard you try to hide it, I tell you what. :D

Kawhead
07-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Splittin hairs ?
It was a motorcycle rally Mike.
You are supposed to RIDE your motorcycle to a Motorcycle rally.
If you trailered it you don't even get credit for riding the motorcycle around Estes Park.
You have to subtract all trailer miles from total actual "on bike" miles.
Trailers are for wimps :ohno:Well hell! If I subtract trailer miles from bike miles, I'm at like negative -4300 miles, cause I only rode to the liquor store across the street and ate boiled eggs and sweet rolls three time a day that I swiped from the breakfast bar.:cheers:

I think that whole trip only cost me bout $20 cause Tom paid for the gas and rooms. And gained miles on the bike somehow another. :hmm:

:D

ringadingh
07-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Thats awesome, you should right a book on how to have a budget vacation.:tup::tup::yep:

nomadtom69
07-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Mike you just have not got you Credit Card bill yet that was your card I was using

blowndodge
07-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Well hell! If I subtract trailer miles from bike miles, I'm at like negative -4300 miles, cause I only rode to the liquor store across the street and ate boiled eggs and sweet rolls three time a day that I swiped from the breakfast bar.:cheers:

I think that whole trip only cost me bout $20 cause Tom paid for the gas and rooms. And gained miles on the bike somehow another. :hmm:

:D

Remind me not to go riding with you Mike!:ohno:

Kawhead
07-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Remind me not to go riding with you Mike!:ohno:
I do that constantly, yet still you insist. :D

I unner stan. When Coach goes for a ride I'm goin' with him!:yep:

Yeah, and when Todd and Amy go ride, a damned well built, half my age, sure thing, young Brazilian Tanned woman can keep me from that!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/no/no-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

At least I think so.:shrug:

Kawhead
07-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Mike you just have not got you Credit Card bill yet that was your card I was usingI was wondering why you kept sayin', " Lemme get this one. I insist".:D

coacha
07-14-2013, 12:10 PM
I do that constantly, yet still you insist. :D

I unner stan. When Coach goes for a ride I'm goin' with him!:yep:

Yeah, and when Todd and Amy go ride, a damned well built, half my age, sure thing, young Brazilian Tanned woman can keep me from that!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/no/no-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

At least I think so.:shrug:

I told you that you should have unloaded and rode with me for awhile. Heck, you could have done the first leg with me...short 1,554 miles in a day :crazy:

Sin City Stan
07-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Looks like we had one of the shorter rides at 1927 GPS miles.

coacha
07-14-2013, 12:19 PM
End of day 1, 23:40 for the day from Crystal River, FL to Wichita, KS with a little loop up to Salina, KS for good measure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/CoachA/2013-06-21045245.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CoachA/media/2013-06-21045245.jpg.html)

waterman
07-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Looks like we had one of the shorter rides at 1927 GPS miles.

Oh ya!!! Shut up Stan.

Kawhead
07-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Bike mileage only. Hemorrhoids earned from riding shotgun in an air conditioned truck don't count.I didn't want to go there, but since you did, I would have thought the burning hell fire sting of inflamed swollen roids was to be included. Not to mention the end of the day when they were stuck to my under wear and the embarrassment of having Tom snatch 'em loose. >:(
Thank you very much for setting aside time to clarify this misconception!:ohno:

Roids hurt and sting, but not so much is knowing you're not included.:ohno::cry:

:D:D

Kawhead
07-14-2013, 06:15 PM
I told you that you should have unloaded and rode with me for awhile. Heck, you could have done the first leg with me...short 1,554 miles in a day :crazy:Well, you know how I feel about deceit, and I thought, what would Jesus do.:hmm:
I figgered he'd keep riding in the air conditioning. :yep:

I meant the truck.:D

coacha
07-14-2013, 07:35 PM
That's what I like about you Kawhead, always trying to take the road less traveled, the narrow path.

Kawhead
07-14-2013, 07:49 PM
That's what I like about you Kawhead, always trying to take the road less traveled, the narrow path.

Especially so, if they's an old girl friend that still lives down there.
Never hurts nothing to visit and let bygones be bygones. :yep:

schoeney
07-15-2013, 05:31 AM
End of day 1, 23:40 for the day from Crystal River, FL to Wichita, KS with a little loop up to Salina, KS for good measure.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/CoachA/2013-06-21045245.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CoachA/media/2013-06-21045245.jpg.html)

Amazing .......1554 in one day? Congrats!

Kawhead
07-15-2013, 10:34 AM
He's an amazing guy! :D

coacha
07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Amazing .......1554 in one day? Congrats!

23 hours and 40 minutes. Submitting my paperwork for the Bun Burner Gold this week. It was purely by happenstance that I did it. I was on pace at about 16 hours (had done 1,020 at that time) and figured what the heck...lol.

coacha
07-15-2013, 10:39 AM
He's an amazing guy! :D

Not as amazing as you...I don't know how you could ride in an A/C truck, with drinks and snacks for 2 days in the hot summer sun. :bird::P

cbutteris
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
From here in Minnesota and back I figured a little over 2500 miles. Had to work for 3 days then left again for the 4-day holiday weekend with my passenger along this time - about 3300 miles all together.

The Nomad ran great but gas mileage was a little off, running about 35 mpg most of the time. CT on the back did great, even on the canyon roads. Front tire didn't fair so well though with lots of wear on the sides - left side down to the wear bars! Bummed about that...

Kawhead
07-16-2013, 12:23 PM
Not as amazing as you...I don't know how you could ride in an A/C truck, with drinks and snacks for 2 days in the hot summer sun. :bird::PIt was tough in there with the sun beating down on me through the windscreen, sitting over there on a blue tarp cause Tom was crying about me dripping ice cream all over his brand new leather seats. "I got diabetes and you-uns sit over the with a half gallon of Ben and Jerry's Moose Tracks and a can of Cool Whip and cheese munchin' on them damm tater chipps in you gym shorts and flip flops! Good Lord son, I can hear you getting FATTER with each spoon FULL!"

Boo hoo hoo, blah blah blah. :shrug:

Don't knock a man unless you rode three thousand miles in his flip flops. :wtf:

In the A/C. :D

Seriously everybody, I met Tom and maybe spoke a dozen words to him before we made this trip. He's a great guy and very generous with what he has. He packed enough water and snacks to feed ten people even though the original plan was for me to ride the Nomad along side as the trailered his. Because he has diabetes, he didn't think he could have made the trip on the Nomad in three days, but I know he's has more endurance than he gives himself credit for. He went to the trouble of borrowing his neighbors trailer, in case mine or another bike broke down. He greased the bearings and bought new lights for it. He loaded a big cooler with enough drinks and water to carry an Army through a desert.

Trailering a bike spoils you, but it sure was nice riding in the AC with conversation, listening to classic 60's Rock on XM radio for a change.
Reaching in the cooler between the seats for a cold drink.:D

Kawhead
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Watching Couach fight the 50 mile ah hour cross winds in the Kansas plains in the 90* heat. :D

coacha
07-16-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm glad I provided some levity for your tough journey Kawhead. It was a different experience for sure.

Thanks to you and Tom for keeping an eye on me. Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Kawhead
07-18-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm glad I provided some levity for your tough journey Kawhead. It was a different experience for sure.

Thanks to you and Tom for keeping an eye on me. Lord knows I need all the help I can get.Keep sending crosses to bear Lord.
I can handle it!:yep::D

trosco
07-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Well I ended the trip on Sunday the 21st. It started on the 1st of June and it encompassed 6,740 miles by the time I was done. I had planed the trip with only 3 day over 500 miles and most around or below 400 miles so it was the perfect trip for the Nomad. Loved being on the Nomad the whole time with the exception of missing the Wing on the 3 long days. On those three days (768 miles from Des Moines Ia to Boulder Co, the 794 miles from Boulder to Kingdom City Mo and the 840 from Kingdom City to Charlotte NC) the wing would have shortened each by about 2-3 hours riding time with it's faster cruising speeds, better fuel economy and longer range.

stretch
07-23-2013, 07:19 AM
I did 2635 miles on the trip. My butt was glad to be home the last day!

GIBBY
07-23-2013, 07:55 AM
My trip was 3361 miles, which included a side trip to the Black Hills.