PDA

View Full Version : Cobra FI2000R - Holy Crap!

coffey67
07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I bought one and put it on before my 3500 mile vacation ride out east. I was not impressed at all. I returned home and did the maintenance on my bike (2013 Vaquero) and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N. Holy crap!!!! Big difference!!! So much more low end torque and pep. Scared me a little!!!! Bottom line is that you have to do more than just add the fuel processor to notice a big difference. Wondering what Vance and Hines slip-ons will do??? I really do not want a loud bike. Are the V&H slip-ons loud?

smokey
07-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I bought one and put it on before my 3500 mile vacation ride out east. I was not impressed at all. I returned home and did the maintenance on my bike (2013 Vaquero) and replaced the stock air filter with a K&N. Holy crap!!!! Big difference!!! So much more low end torque and pep. Scared me a little!!!! Bottom line is that you have to do more than just add the fuel processor to notice a big difference. Wondering what Vance and Hines slip-ons will do??? I really do not want a loud bike. Are the V&H slip-ons loud?

The fuel processor is designed to work best with aftermarket mods to the air intake and exhaust, with a stock set up it is a waste of money.

Sin City Stan
07-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Are the V&H slip-ons loud?

YES!!:yep:

gcsteve
07-08-2013, 08:39 PM
V&H are not very loud. You here them when you turn the throttle. If you go easy they sound nice. When youtwist the throttle they growl but not overwehlming.

Vulcanrider03
07-08-2013, 10:14 PM
IMHO ..the cobra tri-ovals are louder

usranger74
07-08-2013, 11:05 PM

I will soon know. While working in for FEMA in Sioux Falls, SD for the last 60 days I had Cobra True Duals and Chucksters air kit installed on my 07 Nomad. I already had the Cobra fuel processor. I head home on July 12 and will be taking a ride PDQ.

Old Bear
07-09-2013, 10:11 AM
IMHO ..the cobra tri-ovals are louder
Interesting, I've always read the opposite, which is why I didn't purchase the V&H. I just installed the Tri-Ovals and love the sound. The bike now sounds like I think a big-bore should sound. Under low load, it is a little louder but not annoyingly so. Under a load however, it does 'announce' your presence! I expect the sound to improve even more after several hundred miles and the innards get properly coated.

Back to topic, the best explanation I've heard is that the 1700 comes to you asthmatic and constipated. You need to open up the airway (intake mod) and remove the butt-plug (low back-pressure slip-ons) to allow this beast to breath. You need the tuner to get the now-too-lean fuel mixture corrected. That's the part I'm saving my lunch money for now! Anyone that wants to help a broke-down ol' soldier with a PCV fuel/ign module, feel free to PM! :D

weblack3
07-13-2013, 11:51 AM
I added the Cobra Pro Tuner, Vance and Hines dual slash slip ons and K@N filter. Was underwhelmed. Called Cobra and complained about the sluggish response, very frequent and loud popping on decel. Spoke to Andre and he gave me a suggestion. Open the Cobra unit, located the adjustment dial and add fuel(clockwise turn) or decrease fuel(counter clockwise turn). I didn't know you could adjust the darn thing. Throttle reponse changfed dramatically, popping on decel is almost non existent. I'm a happy camper. I'm actually feeling a bit more power on acceleration. I'm loving my bike again. On a final note I bought my exhaust having heard them online and not live. They are significantly louder than stock. But the guys I ride with now say my bike has a BIG BOY sound now. LOL I especially like the rumble at idle.

almsy
07-15-2013, 11:07 AM
thanks weblack3, I may have to play with mine just to see if it makes any difference, though I am very pleased already.
By the way, did you end up adding more fuel or was the preset too rich needing backed off to get it to run best?

buckey1313
07-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I believe his is like mine the digital unit that sells for around 500 bucks it is preset and you can not make any changes but sure works well

coffey67
07-18-2013, 10:46 PM
I just bought the Cobra Tri-Ovals to add to the set up. I found them at discount-moto-direct for $419.00 and free shipping!