PDA

View Full Version : A five hour ride today...

glwilson
07-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Rode my motorcycle to Poopy's in Savanna today.

Expected it to be somewhat busy, since it is the weekend following Independence Day (I like to call the 4th for what it is meant to be).

This picture doesn't show the number of bikes like some of the others I took do. Just had my cheap phone.

They had bands and a crowd like I have never seen there before. There were literally a thousand bikes there today.

Don't know if anyone else went there today or not. If so, I clearly didn't see you; which wasn't hard to do. It was hard to walk around the place; but overall fun to sit around a watch the crazy people.

Anyway... great day to ride. Hope others got out today!:cheers:

glwilson
07-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Oh... also saw an old Indian Scout while out the other day in a small nearby town.

This looks like a '41 Scout; mostly from the color of the Indian logo on the tank and the bike's overall color scheme.

Up close the paint, frame, motor all look original. I would say the bike is 80-90% original. A few mods were done that I could see, and a few things replaced, or painted at one time or another.

Looks like the owner rides it from where it was parked, plus the dirt and bugs on it. Really cool... Wish I had an old bike like that just to cruise around the back roads on.

Anyway... thought it was cool to see.

GIBBY
07-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Looks like you had a great time riding today, sure wish I could have been out hitting some twisties. Doing family stuff today, yippee. Did put 3400 miles on my bike in the last 2 weeks though, have had the new bike for 2 months and have 6400 on her.

glwilson
07-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Looks like you had a great time riding today, sure wish I could have been out hitting some twisties. Doing family stuff today, yippee. Did put 3400 miles on my bike in the last 2 weeks though, have had the new bike for 2 months and have 6400 on her.

Not getting on the bike much lately... huh?:lol: :cheers:

blowndodge
07-06-2013, 10:06 PM
And I thought 8k in 4 months was doing good?:hmm:

glwilson
07-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Oh yeah... forgot one "interesting" event today...

I was cut-off today by another bike; and I gave the guy a piece of my mind (yeah... can you believe that?).

Well... it turns out this guy was a HA (had his colors on). Oh my... I just about crapped!

I didn't realize they would wear their colors at Poopy's (given it draws all kinds at any given time); but apparently they do, or at least did today.

However, surprisingly the one cutting me off apologized. He and another hopped off their bikes and pushed me back to where I needed to be (so I could get out).

I must have appeared far too "tough" for them to mess with! :lmao::lol:

Seriously, it goes to show they are sometimes more patient than some say... Whew! :D :cheers:

stretch
07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Hey Greg
Sounds like you had a fun day! You missed a good rally in CO. Maybe we can get a ride in before the end of the year.

glwilson
07-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey Greg
Sounds like you had a fun day! You missed a good rally in CO. Maybe we can get a ride in before the end of the year.

Definitely Tim! You are the very first one to show back in '08 in Galena; and have consistently attended all the rides since.

I really wished I could have made the Estes ride. This was the first one I missed.

i assume your new ride is doing great. Couldn't imagine it wouldn't be.

Our riding months are going by fast though, so we had better plan ahead if we are going to get a ride (or two) in this year.

Let's start some chatter about a ride... we are due! :cheers:

glwilson
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
And I thought 8k in 4 months was doing good?:hmm:

Brad... you have to know something... Gibby is a riding-fool...:lol:

I swear, that guy rides in his sleep... so don't feel so bad. :cheers:

elvis
07-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Well... it turns out this guy was a HA (had his colors on). ...

My wife and I have come across 1%ers a few times at gas stations or roadside restaurants. Almost all of them were friendly except for when a bunch of Nomads followed us in Helena, MT. it wasn't fun....

Looks like a great day though, glad you enjoyed it.

glwilson
07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
My wife and I have come across 1%ers a few times at gas stations or roadside restaurants. Almost all of them were friendly except for when a bunch of Nomads followed us in Helena, MT. it wasn't fun....

Looks like a great day though, glad you enjoyed it.

They don't like to follow anyone. Had a similar experience where one came up from behind me. Once I let him pass me, things appeared to be better. :D

mnbk
07-07-2013, 05:11 PM
None of the 1%ers are ever friendly to the group I ride with. It could be because we are all Blue Knights and wear our colors and carry ALL the time.

Sin City Stan
07-07-2013, 05:56 PM
None of the 1%ers are ever friendly to the group I ride with. It could be because we are all Blue Knights and wear our colors and carry ALL the time.

:tup::tup::tup:

glwilson
07-07-2013, 06:53 PM

:lol: No... I can imagine they don't like your group much...:lmao: