PDA

View Full Version : Quotes for Teri

waterman
06-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Hey, everyone who attended the Rally, Teri would like to hear about what you liked about the Rally as well as what were your favorite rides, places, moments and anything else you can think of. She didn't have the time to talk with everyone the way she usually does and would like it for an article for accelerate.

Top Cat
06-29-2013, 01:06 AM
The free chapstick :D

Sin City Stan
06-29-2013, 04:07 PM
The free chapstick :D

:tup:

dshelly
06-29-2013, 05:08 PM
The free beer samples after the Coors plant tour. :cheers:

Oh, and the rides, especially up through RMNP at 12,000 ft. :tup:

cactusjack
06-29-2013, 09:15 PM
The scenery was top notch. Had a great time.

Rasta
06-29-2013, 09:29 PM
BD is harmless :D

waterman
07-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Ok, enough with the chapstick.:ohno: I am in all seriousness about this. Teri would like some thoughts on the rally, rides you liked and memories that you have from the rally.

blowndodge
07-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Dont be a dick. Just get a Vic.:wave:

coacha
07-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Being from Flatlandistan, I really enjoyed riding the curves through the canyon loops that we did. RMNP was outstanding...the views were unforgettable. The best part of the trip...getting reacquainted with members I had met at previous rallies and meeting so many members I had not met before...and the chapstick. I showed Tammy the glove box full that I got and she just laughed.

schoeney
07-03-2013, 01:37 AM
The beauty of the rally was not just the physical setting in the Rocky Mountains. We brought so many different riders from different states and different walks of life, we threw them all together and had a great time all because we owned the same type of two wheeled machine at some point in time. Amazing how owning a machine can create the perfect storm and bring so many people closer.

Kawhead
07-03-2013, 02:08 AM
It's not beyond any of us to just pick a place anywhere on the map and travel to it. We can all get to a destination and ask the desk clerk at the motel about a good place to eat. I'll tell you more than the breathtaking snow capped mountain scenery towering above crystal clear cobalt blue lake of melted snow glinting in the sun light, it's the camaraderie, and socializing at the end of the day. It's the happenstance venture of discovering an out of the way restaurant where the food, atmosphere and service is far beyond expectation. It's splitting rooms and the cost of the trip with a new friend and conversation along the way and find you both like listening to classic 60's rock on satellite radio. It's the genuine heart felt concern when a fellow rider experiences an unexpected major or minor misfortune, and finds there's always several folks stepping up to render comfort and assistance.

The Rally starts for me when I leave the driveway until I return.:yep: They just keep getting better.

The wine's starten to kick in.http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

dshelly
07-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Dont be a dick. Just get a Vic.:wave:

Very original Brad. Have another round :cheers:

Kawhead
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Very original Brad. Have another round :cheers:Thats why we love him so. :D

cactusjack
07-03-2013, 12:47 PM
That was very eloquent, Mike.

coacha
07-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Dam Kawhead, the moonshine musta wore off already. Very well said.

blowndodge
07-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Because he loves me so?? :hmm:

Kawhead
07-04-2013, 03:17 AM
That was very eloquent, Mike.

Dam Kawhead, the moonshine musta wore off already. Very well said.
Juss tryin' to gently nudge this flat ball up hill without drop kicking the piss out of it. :shrug:

Kawhead
07-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Because he loves me so?? :hmm:WE!

Kawhead
07-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Y'all give her something to work with. She's a nice enough lady and asking for some input. Far be it for me to ask for serious feed back. God knows theys enough snickering juvenile grabass with me, that blowndodge jerk and a few others tossing slapstick minstrel show one liners back and forth.

She prolly has to get an article out pretty quick, so give her a hand. She's already written a few, all flattering stories, and now wants some input. You'uns know how hard it is to get to everybody and talk at the Rallies. Tell a good lie. Hell, I sat down and started moving my fingers and one materialized as as easily as they when whiz gently through my teeth. Go figger.:shrug::hmm:

dell
07-04-2013, 05:11 PM
My wife and I enjoyed spending time in towns like Nederland and Lyons, where we could take in the local charm. I usually prefer structured rides (group with a leader), but it was nice to be able to stop and go freely. By breaking off into small groups we were able to get to know folks a little better.
This trip was a new experience for me, bringing my wife (Jay's Mom) along. It gave me an opportunity to build a trailer for the additional luggage. The trailer worked great, and I'm sure we'll put many more miles on it. There was an incident on the way home, however.
It hadn't been dark long, and we had just gone onto the toll portion of I-70, in Kansas, when I noticed I couldn't see the normal tail light glow behind my rig. I ran up along side of Jay and asked him to check my tail lights. He signaled that my fears were true, I had none. We pulled into the truck stop, just ahead, and found I had blown the fuse that powers the tail and brake lights. We instinctively began checking the bike for wire problems, tried a new fuse, 'cause sometimes those things just pop, and were successful in popping another fuse.
Jay suggested we unhook the trailer and try again. I bought more fuses at the truckstop, and this time the fuse held. So the conclusion was reached that the problem was in the trailer. We didn't bother unloading the trailer, Jay swung it up on it's butt and leaned it against a pole, thus exposing the underside of the trailer. It didn't take long to find that the "old guy" who built the trailer had pinched a wire under a bolt, during the final assembly. It had taken days for it to finally rub through the insulation and cause a short. Easy fix.
That stop caused a 45 minute delay, but we were able to make it to my home in Warrensburg, Missouri (730 miles ) later that night, 16 hours after leaving Estes Park. Joyce told me that was a long day, but she is already planning for the next ride. She's a trooper.

Kawhead
07-05-2013, 12:02 AM
My wife and I enjoyed spending time in towns like Nederland and Lyons, where we could take in the local charm. I usually prefer structured rides (group with a leader), but it was nice to be able to stop and go freely. By breaking off into small groups we were able to get to know folks a little better.
This trip was a new experience for me, bringing my wife (Jay's Mom) along. It gave me an opportunity to build a trailer for the additional luggage. The trailer worked great, and I'm sure we'll put many more miles on it. There was an incident on the way home, however.
It hadn't been dark long, and we had just gone onto the toll portion of I-70, in Kansas, when I noticed I couldn't see the normal tail light glow behind my rig. I ran up along side of Jay and asked him to check my tail lights. He signaled that my fears were true, I had none. We pulled into the truck stop, just ahead, and found I had blown the fuse that powers the tail and brake lights. We instinctively began checking the bike for wire problems, tried a new fuse, 'cause sometimes those things just pop, and were successful in popping another fuse.
Jay suggested we unhook the trailer and try again. I bought more fuses at the truckstop, and this time the fuse held. So the conclusion was reached that the problem was in the trailer. We didn't bother unloading the trailer, Jay swung it up on it's butt and leaned it against a pole, thus exposing the underside of the trailer. It didn't take long to find that the "old guy" who built the trailer had pinched a wire under a bolt, during the final assembly. It had taken days for it to finally rub through the insulation and cause a short. Easy fix.
That stop caused a 45 minute delay, but we were able to make it to my home in Warrensburg, Missouri (730 miles ) later that night, 16 hours after leaving Estes Park. Joyce told me that was a long day, but she is already planning for the next ride. She's a trooper.
Good. there you go!

blowndodge
07-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Y'all give her something to work with. She's a nice enough lady and asking for some input. Far be it for me to ask for serious feed back. God knows theys enough snickering juvenile grabass with me, that blowndodge jerk and a few others tossing slapstick minstrel show one liners back and forth.

She prolly has to get an article out pretty quick, so give her a hand. She's already written a few, all flattering stories, and now wants some input. You'uns know how hard it is to get to everybody and talk at the Rallies. Tell a good lie. Hell, I sat down and started moving my fingers and one materialized as as easily as they when whiz gently through my teeth. Go figger.:shrug::hmm:

Look who's getting all sentinental.:P

rickyboy
07-05-2013, 02:44 AM
I wanna know what all the fuss is over the chap stick !!! Somebody kissing someones butt ? Or :hmm: ...???? OMG !!! say it isn't so !!

Top Cat
07-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Teri had about a million and one tubes of chapstick to give away.
she tried to push it off on everyone who won a prize at the raffle.
It was funny, you had to be there.
I mean, you should have been there :D

blowndodge
07-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Sorry Ricky. But you know the story. What happens in Estes Park STAYS in Estes Park! :tup:

dshelly
07-05-2013, 01:14 PM
It was funny, you had to be there.
I mean, you should have been there :D

X2 :tup:

BudMan
07-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Looking at our GPS's in the motel one night I noticed my top speed was 76.
Crystal's top speed was 81. When I mentioned it to her she said.
"Yeah, I remember that. And the next time you're going 76 and I'm going 81 get the hell outta the way"

That's the only quote I got. :yep:

Kawhead
07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Look who's getting all sentinental.:PI'll show you sentimental. I'll beat you so bad you'll be fixin' my drinks at the next rally.

Now, omit the parts where you worried the living hell out of everybody, and write that lovely lady a nice synopsis of your Estes Park VBA Convention venture. Make it sound as if Edgar Allan Poe, Walt Whitman, and Robert W. Service got together and wrote it, b'for I going to go Kawhead on your monkey ass.

Get page to hep yah. :D :D:D

This is some dang good head cold medicine. :cheers::yep:

Kawhead
07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Looking at our GPS's in the motel one night I noticed my top speed was 76.
Crystal's top speed was 81. When I mentioned it to her she said.
"Yeah, I remember that. And the next time you're going 76 and I'm going 81 get the hell outta the way"

That's the only quote I got. :yep::lmao:
She's a bad ass in the lower altitudes.
At sea level she rides through leather saturating thunder storms that leave me whimpering.
Did you say "Yes mam" ? :D