PDA

View Full Version : Made it Home

waterman
06-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Well, the rally has ended and most everyone is on their way home. I'm still waiting in Estes to help Badger and his wife Ruth out as much as possible when she gets out of the hospital.

As everyone makes their way home, please post their arrival so we know that they have made it home. To those that made it to Estes, I enjoyed your company and that is why I do these.

elvis
06-28-2013, 07:56 PM
has anyone created a blog or forum thread for their ride Estes? Always enjoy reading those memoirs.

Monkeyman
06-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm still waiting in Estes to help Badger and his wife Ruth out as much as possible when she gets out of the hospital.

What happened to Badgers wife? My prayers go out to them, whatever the problem is.

waterman
06-28-2013, 08:39 PM
What happened to Badgers wife? My prayers go out to them, whatever the problem is.

Bad case of altitude sickness. She was dehydrated severely.

stretch
06-28-2013, 08:49 PM
Made it home today at noon. It was good meeting you Joel and thanks for all the work you did in planning the Rally.

schoeney
06-28-2013, 09:10 PM
That is terrible to hear about Ruth. Hope she gets well quickly.

I made it home today.

Joel you will be proud of me. I did 800 miles in 100 degree heat yesterday. I was spent but did the other 400 miles today, it was a bit cooler (80-90) and no wind in the Columbia River Gorge (rare).
Thanks to everyone that put it together. I had a good time.

waterman
06-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi Greg,

Know what you mean. Finally got out of Estes around 12 or 1. It was warm up there then but it was REALLY warm when I hit I-25. Saw a sign in Greeley for 100. Stopped in Loveland for a small sandwich and water. Made it 50 miles down the road and felt like I was going to hurl. Stopped at a small truck stop and sat down for a 1/2 hour drinking 2 poweraids.

Ruth was looking good and from what I last heard she was going to ride with Mark's wife in air conditioning.

I don't know if I would have made it 800 miles in this heat today. I was tired before I hit the road. Greg, "You da Man"

lw
06-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Made it home to Houston yesterday afternoon late. Was good to vist with friends again, next time we'll get to stick around for the entire rally.

petenomad
06-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Ann and I are home, arrived just before 10. We did about 690 miles today. The plan was just to go as far as we felt - but we were feeling good, so made it all the way. If I had known she was seriously considering this, I would have had us out of there before 8:30 this morning! Slow but beautiful ride East of Estes on 34 (hadn't seen that yet). We had plenty of time to enjoy as we got trapped in a line of cars trapped behind 4 pickups pulling campers.

caribou
06-29-2013, 12:19 AM
We made it home about 4pm today. We beat the heat most of the way. Had a great time and was glad to meat you Joel.

schoeney
06-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Kris and Steve hit 108 Degrees in Ogden, UT. That will teach Kris to send me a picture of an ice cold Margarita while I was doing my 800 mile ride in 100 degree temps.

MarkG
06-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Norma and I made it to Rapid City, SD just fine. Norma brought Ruth up in the car. I'll probably stay up here for a few weeks to visit my folks and Norma will start back to Arizona next week.

jestephens
06-29-2013, 04:49 PM
We made it to my parents house last night, 17 hours after we left Estes Park. After a good nap, I packed up and made the final leg to my house.

It was great to see everyone!

BudMan
06-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Crystal, Gene and I rode to Garden City, KS Friday.
Today we got to Watonga OK. and Gene headed south for home.
Crystal and I thought about making it all the way to Greenwood.
But by Shawnee OK Crystal said she wasn't going any farther.
We should be home by lunch time tomorrow.

Kawhead
06-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Kawhead made it HOME!!!! I rode Nomadtom (Tom Green) like the rented mule that he was, and made 'im love it! I finished off his last two quarts of Mooonshine on the way home. He let me have it under the condition that I ride in the back of the truck with the tonneau cover closed. He was nice enough to put an empty cooler back there in case I had to throw up. I reckon it kept things quiet in the cab. :shrug:

He and his lovely wife Connie were gracious enough to host me for a night on my way to Estes Park and I appreciate their hospitality. There was also a sincere invitation for me to stay again on my way back home, bless their hearts, but when a vacation is over, there's nothing like your own bed.:yep:

I enjoyed meeting everybody again at what was an excellent rally.

Thanks again to Joel for his efforts to make Estes Park Rally the great event that it was.

It's late and my eyes keep slamming shut. :zzz::D

kawgirl
06-30-2013, 11:35 PM
I pulled in around 10 pm tonight from southern Indiana. It was a great rally in a great spot. Thanks to Joel and others for all their hard work in planning the rally. It was great seeing everyone and meeting new folks.

ray2
07-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Got home OK Bike ran good as always. Ride out was a few miles more than the ride home only got lost twice on the way home. I need to start useing a map. Was good to see in person a few of the people on the forum. Thanks to Rod Pronghorn and Joel Waterman.
http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1840

replay13
07-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Made it home today... really enjoyed Estes Park, CO. Nice place for a rally!

petenomad
07-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Looks like you can add another state to your map. :)

replay13
07-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Looks like you can add another state to your map. :)

LOL.. true Pete, maybe even two states. I see you have an impressive map!

Griz
07-01-2013, 09:48 PM
We made it home this evening. After leaving Estes Park Friday morning we rode West and spent Friday night in Glenwood Springs, Saturday we meandered down to Silverton and spent Saturday night in Gunnison, rode Sunday to Dodge City, KS and then got home today around 4:00 p.m. Mike, Darlene, Debbie and I had a great time! It was good to see some old friends and meet new several new ones. Thanks Joel and Rod for hosting a great rally!

coacha
07-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Got home tonight around 7 pm. Left Estes Park and went to Albuquerque to visit some friends. Started home on Sunday and did the 1650 miles in two days. Great rally and good to see everyone again.

rusty1
07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
We made it home yesterday. Thanks for a great time.

schoeney
07-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Glad to see that everyone is getting home safely is everybody accounted for?

dmac
07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
We made it home today about 3:30pm. Had a great time, thank you to everybody involved in putting on this rally. Beautiful place to ride!
Sorry that Ray blew out his front wheel bearing on the way home, but hope he'll be on his way home by tomorrow.

GIBBY
07-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks to Joel and everyone that helped to make Mountain Madness a great rally. I got home at around 3:30 today after spending a few days in the Black Hills. Thank you to Cal for leading us on some great rides in CO. Denny, Sally, Ray and I had a great time riding the Black Hills. Sure hope Ray makes it home tomorrow.

rayski271
07-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Still waiting on parts hopefully I'll be back in the road home soon I'll let you all know

Kawhead
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Be careful. :tup:

cbutteris
07-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Thanks to Joel and everyone that helped to make Mountain Madness a great rally. I got home at around 3:30 today after spending a few days in the Black Hills. Thank you to Cal for leading us on some great rides in CO. Denny, Sally, Ray and I had a great time riding the Black Hills. Sure hope Ray makes it home tomorrow.

Yeah, those canyon rides are fun. I have driven some of them in a car, wishing I was on the Nomad. Last week I got my wish. Had a great time.

Heading out again on Thursday for 4 days down to southern WI. Four days rest and some maintenance on Mr. Nomad and we are ready to go!

I wish you all a good and safe Independence Day.

Badger: Black Hills
07-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Ruth and I made it home friday evening just fine thanks to Norma and Mark. Many thanks to them, to Joel for getting Ruth down the stairs and into Tom Green's truck and thanks to Tom for just handing me his keys when I asked if he could take Ruth to the hospital in his truck. And MANY thanks to all of you who have shown your concern and shared your prayers.

I deeply regret that I was unable to spend any time with Ray, Gibby and the rest that came to the Hills, but Ruth was still dizzy from the Vertigo which she had in addition to the dehydration. Today is the first day she has felt near normal; possibly because she is now off most of her meds (which included Valium).

Many thanks to Joel and Rod. It was great to see old, and to meet new, friends.

See you at the next one (or in the Hills if you come --let us know!)

Noel and Ruth
(Badger and Otter)

petenomad
07-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Happy to hear that Ruth is feeling better. It was nice meeting you and hope to see you and Ruth again.

rayski271
07-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Ok I'm finally home and even with my problems I still had a great time I've got to thank denny, sally, and Gibby if it wasnt for them id still be sitting on the side of the road with a broke bike and a phone that wouldn't work in south dakota to save my life finally started working in sioux falls and noel and amin that's why I never got back to you guys sorry about that but I'm home with beer in hand thanks again hotel and rid and everyone else who helped put the really together I know the people for the ncr had a great time thanks again Ray

Loafer
07-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok I'm finally home and even with my problems I still had a great time I've got to thank denny, sally, and Gibby if it wasnt for them id still be sitting on the side of the road with a broke bike and a phone that wouldn't work in south dakota to save my life finally started working in sioux falls and noel and amin that's why I never got back to you guys sorry about that but I'm home with beer in hand thanks again hotel and rid and everyone else who helped put the really together I know the people for the ncr had a great time thanks again Ray

I lost my front wheel bearings while I was in Lake George the local Kaw shop had them in stock. I was lucky. Glad you didn't have an accident. :tup:

waterman
07-04-2013, 01:16 PM

Good to hear that your home Ray. I guess those people from the Great White North are so bad after all. :wave::lmao: