PDA

View Full Version : let the packing begin!

blowndodge
06-14-2013, 09:42 PM
No Todd, this isn't about you and the Jackalope! :lmao:

I have Cee Bailey luggage 3 piece luggage for my Vic and I'm taking the top trunk and Marie is taking the 2 saddlebags due to women needing more room. It looks like my top pack bag is going to easily handle 5 days of clothes/shoes rain gear travel personal shaving/toothbrush items. Maybe my laptop although I have a tablet.

I'm hoping Marie with all the saddlebag space (50% more than mine)
will be happy. I made a deal that whatever extra room she/we/me! has she can buy stuff to bring home in her bags. The massive room of the XCT is a welcome difference.

I pack for only 5 days because spending a relaxing morning getting laundry done while having breakfast is a "quite" down time for us. Then we have enough clean clothes to last because we are taking the long way home with Scott and heading south of the Grand Canyon and won't be home until after the 1st of July.

How are you guys/gals managing your packing needs?? :cheers:

coacha
06-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm packing light cause it is just me on the Beemer. I will have my riding gear plus some shirts, a pair or two of jeans, some short, and the like. I'll have tools, jacket liner, etc in on saddle bag, clothes in the other and top box will have some food, Gentlemen Jack and the like.

blowndodge
06-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Gentlemen Jack?? Park right over by me Ron!! :cheers:

Netnorske
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM

I have Cee Bailey luggage 3 piece luggage for my Vic and I'm taking the top trunk and Marie is taking the 2 saddlebags due to women needing more room. It looks like my top pack bag is going to easily handle 5 days of clothes/shoes rain gear travel personal shaving/toothbrush items. Maybe my laptop although I have a tablet.

will be happy. I made a deal that whatever extra room she/we/me! has she can buy stuff to bring home in her bags. The massive room of the XCT is a welcome difference.

I pack for only 5 days because spending a relaxing morning getting laundry done while having breakfast is a "quite" down time for us. Then we have enough clean clothes to last because we are taking the long way home with Scott and heading south of the Grand Canyon and won't be home until after the 1st of July.

Just don't forget to pack a box of those premium cigars....cause I know all Joel will have are those stinkin' Swisher Sweets....:P:lmao:!

blowndodge
06-14-2013, 11:47 PM
Yea he IS a pansy when it comes to full flavor cigars!! :lmao: Hopefully his shine is 100+ proof !!!

schoeney
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I just wear the same clothes and do the old turn em inside out trick. :lmao:

I should be fine just packing for 1.

Never had a top case/trunk before so I have a little extra room. Sure makes things convenient.

The ST bags are a little wider to accommodate a helmet but probably a little shorter than the Nomad's...net result is the saddlebags hold about the same.

waterman
06-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Just don't forget to pack a box of those premium cigars....cause I know all Joel will have are those stinkin' Swisher Sweets....:P:lmao:!

Hey Kris, :bird:. That's 2 demerits now. One more and all you'll get to drink is Diet Beer. I don't care what brand because it all sucks.

waterman
06-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Gentlemen Jack?? Park right over by me Ron!! :cheers:

Let's see, gentleman jack, peach pie and maker's mark, you are a lush.

blowndodge
06-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Let's see, gentleman jack, peach pie and maker's mark, you are a lush.

Ok...... so make your point???? :P

waterman
06-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Ok...... so make your point???? :P

I guess you won't die from thirst.:cheers:

landman
06-15-2013, 11:45 AM
:cheers: not to worried about packing space since kathy will be arriving in the car.plenty of room for the makers mark.

Kawhead
06-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Hurry up and get here dammit! I can't wait!>:(:yep::D:lmao:
KAWHEAD NEEDS RALLY THERAPY!:wtf::yep::cheers::cheers:

blowndodge
06-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Is the drinking lamp lit yet???? :cheers::D

Kawhead
06-16-2013, 03:01 PM
That is an everlasting eternal flame fueled by naturally occurring trapped underground gases escaping through rock fissures my friend.:yep::D

Cajunrider
06-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Where does the iron fit in?:???::lmao:

blowndodge
06-16-2013, 03:50 PM
The iron fits right between Kris's eyes is he shows up boozeless!!

manban9888
06-16-2013, 04:08 PM
I hope you guys have an awesome time. It's killing me not being able to go. Ride safe and have fun

Netnorske
06-16-2013, 04:28 PM
The iron fits right between Kris's eyes is he shows up boozeless!!

I did not say I would be booze-less...just not loaded like a rolling liquor store like when I rolled into Kanab...:D!!

kawgirl
06-16-2013, 05:45 PM
I'll have plenty of room in my Ford Edge and enclosed trailer to pack whatever I want. Hmmm, I'll be going through bourbon country in KY. Wonder where I may stop.......

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 12:04 AM
Right next to my Victory Amy!!!

Kawhead
06-17-2013, 05:27 AM
I'll have plenty of room in my Ford Edge and enclosed trailer to pack whatever I want. Hmmm, I'll be going through bourbon country in KY. Wonder where I may stop.......
:D:D

Netnorske
06-17-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm expecting my new Cee Bailey's saddlebag liners to arrive today....and tomorrow I am taking the day off to run over to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston for a custom fitting/seat...basically a complete re-shaping of my OEM seat to perfectly fit my personal dimensions and comfort needs.....while I wait...in and out in the same day :tup:! The ride to Estes, leaving Friday morning...just got a whole lot more enjoyable regardless of the weather, or fires, or whatever else, 'cause my butt is gonna be pain free....:D. The XCT seat is not bad....but after a 400 mile solo run on Saturday....I realized that I could still benefit greatly from having it done. As if Moses stepped in to part the schedule.....Rich just happens to have openings this week and can get me in before the trip . I love when a plan comes together... :yep:!

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm expecting my new Cee Bailey's saddlebag liners to arrive today....and tomorrow I am taking the day off to run over to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston for a custom fitting/seat...basically a complete re-shaping of my OEM seat to perfectly fit my personal dimensions

Is he going to have enough leather??:lmao: That seat's going to look like it has wings!!!!! :P:yep::tehe:

dshelly
06-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Is he going to have enough leather??:lmao: That seat's going to look like it has wings!!!!! :P:yep::tehe:

:ohno::ohno: That wasn't even nice...

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 10:32 AM
I did not say I would be booze-less...just not loaded like a rolling liquor store like when I rolled into Kanab...:D!!

Yea, well as I remember I got very little of that Rolling Liquor Store in Kanab. One glass of apple pie??? :ohno::wave::cheers:

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
:ohno::ohno: That wasn't even nice...

I know Dave.. :ohno: I'm still upset Kris stiffed me on only a small sample of apple pie in Kanab last year!! >:>:(

waterman
06-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I know Dave.. :ohno: I'm still upset Kris stiffed me on only a small sample of apple pie in Kanab last year!! >:>:(

Brad, you have a whole evening of peach pie sampling on Sunday before the booze hounds :P show up. If we run out of peach pie before that we probably won't really care.:cheers:

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 11:17 AM
That's right Joel!! I'm sure we will try to "moderate" our consumption so we can share the spirits with Kris...................... NOT!!!! :cheers:

Netnorske
06-17-2013, 11:18 AM

There's no crying in Baseball OR Motorcycle Rallies.....so hush...!!

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I'll remember you said that !!!!!!!

waterman
06-17-2013, 12:03 PM
That's right Joel!! I'm sure we will try to "moderate" our consumption so we can share the spirits with Kris...................... NOT!!!! :cheers:

If we finish it off Sunday we aren't even going to care who shows up Monday.:tup:

cactusjack
06-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Oh great, so those of us arriving Monday will get the hungover welcoming committee? Swell. :P

blowndodge
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
We see you plan on riding your Waaaambulance to EP huh??? :lmao:

I checked and you were right. There is a liquor store right across the street from the Hotel :tup:

cactusjack
06-17-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm sure we'll throw some business their way while we're there.

waterman
06-17-2013, 04:44 PM
There is a liquor store right across the street from the Hotel :tup:

Part of the planning process. Wouldn't want anyone to get a ticket for DUI while they were getting more refreshments. I knew that Wilson :wave::lmao:would back out so we planned accordingly. :cheers: