PDA

View Full Version : Road Construction

waterman
06-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Just to give everyone a heads up on 2 sites of road construction.

On I-76 between Brush and Fort Morgan, CO the interstate is down to one lane each way. It isn't too bad but be careful on the exits and entrances.

I-70 just east of Idaho Springs. The are redoing the east bound lanes and it is a total mess. On the way up the mountains it was a parking lot.

Top Cat
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Great we were going to be going on both those roads.
Thanks Joel, I will recalculate :yep:

:lmao: I just checked my route, i guess geography is not my strong suit.
I'm not even going to Idaho. That seems to be west of Colorado :hmm:
I may not arrive on time, I could be lost and wandering around. :ohno:

cactusjack
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Joel, When I leave EP, I am taking the peak to peak hwy south to Idaho Springs to catch I-70 W. Will I be in the middle of this construction, or will I miss it?

blowndodge
06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Any suggestions Joel? I'm coming in from Grand Junction Sunday so I would be traveling right into this. Your recommended route would be??

waterman
06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Joel, When I leave EP, I am taking the peak to peak hwy south to Idaho Springs to catch I-70 W. Will I be in the middle of this construction, or will I miss it?

West bound I-70 is ok. You will be slowed down for construction but they rerouted the east bound around a tunnel that they are redoing.

waterman
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Great we were going to be going on botgh those roads.
Thanks Joel, I will recalculate :yep:

The I-76 construction is not bad TC. Just slow down to 55. If you want a short reroute I would get off I-76 at Exit 92 east of Brush and head south about 1 mile to highway 34 and take it through Brush and Fort Morgan and you reconnect on I-76. However, right now I would just slow down and take the interstate.

waterman
06-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Any suggestions Joel? I'm coming in from Grand Junction Sunday so I would be traveling right into this. Your recommended route would be??

We talked about getting off and taking Berthoud Pass to Winter Park and then over Rocky Mountain National Park. Great ride and probably one of my favorite passes.

Take exit 232 and get on Hwy 40. Take it to Granby and then get on hwy 34.

blowndodge
06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
What about highway 131 at Wolcot? Google shows it 60 miles closer to Gramby that the 232 exit.. ??

waterman
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
What about highway 131 at Wolcot? Google shows it 60 miles closer to Gramby that the 232 exit.. ??

Is this the route that takes you on hwy 131 and connect on Route 1 (Trough road) into Kremling ? If so, don't. Route 1 is dirt.

Another option would be get off I-70 at Silverthorne and take hwy 9 to Kremling.

dshelly
06-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Aaaah , gotta love construction season. :tup: I'm sticking to the two lanes across Wyoming.

GIBBY
06-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up Joel. It looks like it is not too bad between Brush and Ft. Morgan, I think we will just deal with the lane closure. See ya Sunday the 23rd.

pronghorn
06-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I just road I-70 both directions at the detour just east of Idaho Springs. Went west Monday morning and came back Monday afternoon, small slowdown going each way. Talked to a construction foreman on sight and he said the only real backups are when they blast, and Sunday afternoons when everyone is heading home from the mountains. (There is always a big slowdown on I-70 on Sunday afternoons starting west of Georgetown and continuing East of Idaho Springs) There is no schedule for the blasting they work 24 7.

blowndodge
06-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Is this the route that takes you on hwy 131 and connect on Route 1 (Trough road) into Kremling ? If so, don't. Route 1 is dirt.

Another option would be get off I-70 at Silverthorne and take hwy 9 to Kremling.

Yes. I do see rout 1 is dirt. How about hwy 9 north to Ute pass road?

waterman
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Yes. I do see rout 1 is dirt. How about hwy 9 north to Ute pass road?

I don't know about Ute Pass Road. Never taken it. For the most part it looks paved. There was one section I am questioning.