PDA

View Full Version : KawaNow Western Regional Rally

rickyboy
05-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Is there anyone in the Pacific Northwest that is heading to the western rally? I'm in north Washington near Bellingham. I'm considering booking off work a couple of days early before my vacation starts, and heading down. I can get away as early as Tues, the week of the rally. Not sure how long a guy would need to comfortably make it to Mesquite. I'm new to KawaNow and wasn't aware of the rally when I booked my vacation time for the summer, and would like to go. So if there is anyone that's heading down and wouldn't mind me tagging along, let me know.
Thanks

cactusjack
05-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Rickyboy, and we'd love to have you attend!

There is a member (not sure of his userid, don't have it in front of me), that's coming down from Washington state. Hopefully, he'll see this and jump in here?

rickyboy
05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
CJ
Thanks, Lets hope he/she see the post. I'm looking through Microsoft "streets and trips right now, plotting a course down there. It'll mean phoning in {cough, cough } sick to work for a couple of days, but what the heck.

cactusjack
05-07-2008, 09:00 AM
CJ
Thanks, Lets hope he/she see the post. I'm looking through Microsoft "streets and trips right now, plotting a course down there. It'll mean phoning in {cough, cough } sick to work for a couple of days, but what the heck.

I read an email I received the other day from the member in Washington state. He will actually be coming to the rally from Colorado, he will already be on vacation there and will hit the rally on his way back home. Sorry.

We have some members coming from Northern California and one from Idaho, but that's about as close as it's going to get to the Pacific Northwest.

redeye
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Rickyboy,

We're leaving the Sacramento area early Wednesday morning. We will be heading over Donner Summit to Reno & then down Hiway 95 towards Las Vegas. I will be towing my bike as I have my whole family going. Lets hook up somewhere enroute. -Rich

rickyboy
05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for that offer redeye,....I'm not real sure I'm going to make it now. If I went I'd head south east down through Boise, and then south toward Mesquite. I've been on the lap top using "streets and trips"..... and using that program it looks like about 18 -20 hrs to get there. I'm not sure I want to ride that hard for that long each day just to do another ride the next day when I get there.
I'm going to head south later that week { wed } to start a solo vacation ride for about 13 days {rtn}. {My wife doesn't ride anymore. That's a whole other story.} I'd like to see the redwoods in Oregon and get down and do a part of the route 66. to say I've ridden part of that famous road. I want to take my time and enjoy.
But hey! thanks again for your offer.

cactusjack
05-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for you this time. Keep in mind the National Rally next year, in Custer, SD. Maybe that will work out better for you.

redeye
05-07-2008, 03:48 PM
[quote author=rickyboy board=trips thread=3559 post=68614 time=1210186378]Thanks for that offer redeye I'd like to see the redwoods in Oregon and get down and do a part of the route 66. to say I've ridden part of that famous road.[quote]

No problem....A must see is the "CALIFORNIA" Redwoods along Hiway-101.

If you do the route 66 thing, do it near Williams Arizona. The town has the "MOTHER ROAD" route 66 theme done to the downtown areas. The Grand Canyon is about 40 miles from there. Route 66 west from there is mostly hit & miss thru the Arizona & California deserts. -Rich