PDA

View Full Version : Winter broke-down Gibby...

glwilson
05-06-2013, 09:39 PM
The long winter months, and ridiculous "spring" finally had its toll on our friend Gibby.

He just didn't have the strength to fight-back the "siren's call" of a new 2013, red Victory Cross-Country when he saw it at the dealer.

The dealer didn't quite have him completely sold on the idea of trading-in his 2012 Victory Cross-Country -- that is until he started his 'hypnotizing dealer-speak, song and dance" and the "deal" they could make together... and how great Gibby would look on a new 2013 Red Vix.

That was it! Deal is DONE!!! BIKE IS BOUGHT! Delivered tomorrow! No turning back now! Red is in! Black is out! :D

Congrats on the new bike Mike. :cheers: :D

GIBBY
05-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Thanks Greg, nothing like the smell of a new bike. One correction, my old Vic was a 2012 that I purchased in Aug 2011, about a week after they were introduced. I WILL look good on the new Red Vix, I have always had a weakness for red heads :yep::yep:

How about a trip report Greg?

glwilson
05-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks Greg, nothing like the smell of a new bike. One correction, my old Vic was a 2012 that I purchased in Aug 2011, about a week after they were introduced. I WILL look good on the new Red Vix, I have always had a weakness for red heads :yep::yep:

Try to put some mile on this one... :lmao::cheers:

Trip report coming later...

GIBBY
05-07-2013, 07:56 AM
As my body gets older I am riding less and less every year, I will be lucky to get 15,000 in this year. My right knee is shot, too much hockey as a yute and too much fun as an adult :D

stretch
05-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Victory makes a nice bike, and red is great color and pretty fast right behind the red/silver of course. ;)

rayski271
05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
congrats on the new ride mike

ringadingh
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Congratulations on the new bike. Ive had about twenty bikes so far, and never a brand new one yet. My closest was a 3 month old Suzuki 750 in 79. Maybe some day.

crazygene49
05-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Congratulations on the new ride!

blowndodge
05-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Greg if you behave Mike, Kris and I will invite you over to the Victory Tent where all the "IN" bikers will be hanging out!! :lmao::cheers:

waterman
05-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Greg if you behave Mike, Kris and I will invite you over to the Victory Tent where all the "IN" bikers will be hanging out!! :lmao::cheers:

What? A tent full of rocking chairs for all you old farts?:lmao: A supply of ben gay for your sore muscles, geritol and high fiber treats (have to keep regular).

Bennie07
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Congrats on the new Vic Mike! Looking forward to seeing it in person at the benefit ride! Just don't let me stare at it too long, I might just be too easily hypnotized into running out and buying one too! (yep, no willpower here)

So.....where is this tent going to be...'cause if there's Ben Gay, geritol and fiber....I'm in! :lmao:

cactusjack
05-07-2013, 12:49 PM
What? A tent full of rocking chairs for all you old farts?:lmao: A supply of ben gay for your sore muscles, geritol and high fiber treats (have to keep regular).

I heard BD is getting a metamucil keg for the Victory guys! Then maybe they won't be so full of sh*t! :lmao:

elvis
05-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Wow! Is it the Anniversary Edition?

Congrats, ride with the wind and due care.

blowndodge
05-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I heard BD is getting a metamucil keg for the Victory guys! Then maybe they won't be so full of sh*t! :lmao:

I wondered how you guys kept your Harleys so clean!! :bird::D

glwilson
05-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Greg if you behave Mike, Kris and I will invite you over to the Victory Tent where all the confused bikers will be hanging out!! :lmao::cheers:

:P :cheers:

blowndodge
05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Ahhhh... Thanks for reminding me!! It's Drink thirty time!! :cheers:

glwilson
05-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Ahhhh... Thanks for reminding me!! It's Drink thirty time!! :cheers:

You forgot Stretch with the "rowdy NCR group"... he owns a Victory also.

I believe his is a Cross Country instead of the Cross Country Tourer... not positive, but think so.

Geritol on the rocks! :cheers:

Rasta
05-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Congratulations Gibby!!Enjoy!!

GIBBY
05-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Wow! Is it the Anniversary Edition?

Congrats, ride with the wind and due care.

It is NOT the Anniversary Edition. That was another 10 large and with the miles I put on it was not worth it. IF I was one of those guys that only puts on a few thousand miles a year I would be all over that 15th Anniversary Edition.

GIBBY
05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
You forgot Stretch with the "rowdy NCR group"... he owns a Victory also.

I believe his is a vision though... not positive, but think so.

Geritol on the rocks! :cheers:

Tim has a Cross Country. Not to be confused with a Cross Country Tour.

GIBBY
05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys, I am loving the new bike as much as I did the 2012.

elvis
05-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys, I am loving the new bike as much as I did the 2012.
What I find with a new bike is that the first 1,000 mi is a very exciting period. After that the bike begins to feel different until say about 5,000 mi. So I've concluded it's best to ride the 5,000 mi in one go and get it done. That's just my personal experience....

Enjoy your new ride!

glwilson
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
IF I was one of those guys that only puts on a few thousand miles a year I would be all over that 15th Anniversary Edition.

Oh... like BD...:lmao:

Butt jewelry... we call it.:D

Seriously though... I have to agree. We buy these things to ride, not to just sit around and look at them.

If you are riding it, no one sees much of it when you cruise by anyway... certainly not $10 grand more in accessories. You may think you look cool... but no one else does. :D :cheers:

glwilson
05-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Tim has a Cross Country. Not to be confused with a Cross Country Tour.

That's what I said if you "re-read" my post! A Cross Country... not a XCT...:D

blowndodge
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh... like BD...:lmao:

Butt jewelry... we call it.:D

Never trailered my bike to an event like you did Wilt. 42K on my Nomad and 4800 in 3 months on my XCT. What type of mileage does that chopped repaired HD have? :bird::D

I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing "butt jewelry". Thanks for the image!!

glwilson
05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Never trailered my bike to an event like you did Wilt. 42K on my Nomad and 4800 in 3 months on my XCT. What type of mileage does that chopped repaired HD have? :bird::D

I could have gone the rest of my life without hearing "butt jewelry". Thanks for the image!!

It was an easy shot. At my age... I have to take any and all easy shots!:D

GIBBY
05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
That's what I said if you "re-read" my post! A Cross Country... not a XCT...:D

The miracle of editing :D

GIBBY
05-09-2013, 08:58 AM

What do you mean "old fart"? I am not even 60.............yet. :D

blowndodge
05-09-2013, 09:34 AM
No kidding Mike! I barely made the cheap menu at Denny's!!

cbutteris
05-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey Gibby, I think you need a nice CT on that Vic before you get too far.
Something with an 'all-weather' tread! :wave:

Guess I'll see it in June. Between here and the rally I have just 2 weekends to try getting in a long ride.