PDA

View Full Version : Replacement floor board drag pegs....

Mmitch78
03-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I know im burning up the forum today, but have some spare time on my hands and trying to get ready for riding season.

Does anyone know where to get replacement drag/scrape pegs for your stock floorboards? or just order from a dealer? Or a better alternative to replace them with? thought about putting something harder like stainless down there, so they dont wear as fast but didnt know if the harder metal would catch on the pavement and effect handling... I know some people like to drag and some people avoid it at all costs, I ride the twisties alot and make frequent trips to the dragon each year so its un avoidable for me, and its fun.... lol.... how low can you go...

Mine are worn to a nub, and when they get that low, i start to drag the frame work that attaches the floor boards, and then the dreaded dragging of chrome pipes, Makes me cringe everytime.... and im about to buy aftermarket exhasut and really dont wanna run concrete across them...

Thanks guys.

BandC
03-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Maybe this link from Gadjets page could help or give you an other idea that might work. http://www.gadgetjq.com/sparks.htm

Mmitch78
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Thats the only weird thing about the 10 Nomad, I dont have Bolts i have this large block of metal, Ill have to post a pic later. i havent really looked how it attached i suppose i could possibly replace it with bolts, and just put this where the block attachment bolts were.

cactusjack
03-12-2013, 03:42 PM
cheapcycleparts.com. bikebandit.com, mrcycles.com. All should have them. I'd bet your dealer doesn't stock them.

Jared
03-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Usually they wear on the lower side, but not on the top, so I flipped and swapped sides with mine.