PDA

View Full Version : Voyager goes to a funeral?

bearbait
02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Check the bike in the lower picture here: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/21/17043695-200-strangers-attend-british-marines-funeral-after-facebook-plea?lite

If that's not a Voyager, I will be most surprised.

Loafer
02-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Looks like a Voyager at first, but I believe it is a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Or Yamaha Venture Royale. Or Yamaha Venture. BTW, it is a very touching story.

AZ Voyager
02-21-2013, 12:49 PM
I beleive Loafer is correct, that is a Yamaha Royal Star Venture..
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Yamaha+Royal+Star+Venture+Pictures&qpvt=Yamaha+Royal+Star+Venture+Pictures&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=E76DD0BD799A0C3A547AF7C8E398CE68E88C44AD&selectedIndex=14

Surprised???

bearbait
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Looks like a Voyager at first, but I believe it is a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Or Yamaha Venture Royale. Or Yamaha Venture. BTW, it is a very touching story.

It is quite the story.

I thought the bags looked Kawi-like. Guess I need to look at a Venture.

napom
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Yup - definitely a Venture

GIBBY
02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Venture

Loafer
02-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I thought that a gathering of motorcyclists made the whole thing complete.
One should never go before the Lord without witnesses.

jlreeves
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Too bad they don't have something like the Patriot Guard. Riding for a purpose always felt right to me.

Some of the most memorable missions I've done are the recovered remains where there is no family of record available for a WWI vet found in a field in Europe but had a last known address somewhere here in GA. There are always a couple of dozen riders available.

smokey
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Too bad they don't have something like the Patriot Guard. Riding for a purpose always felt right to me.

Some of the most memorable missions I've done are the recovered remains where there is no family of record available for a WWI vet found in a field in Europe but had a last known address somewhere here in GA. There are always a couple of dozen riders available.

They have the RBLR, or Royal British Legion Riders, but like any group, you have to know about it in order to attend, or hold a service. My club, the CVFR, held repatriation services to honour those killed in Afghanistan, and we will continue to do so as the need arises. That's a Yamaha by the way, you can tell from the shape of the fairing.

jlreeves
02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
They have the RBLR, or Royal British Legion Riders, but like any group, you have to know about it in order to attend, or hold a service. My club, the CVFR, held repatriation services to honour those killed in Afghanistan, and we will continue to do so as the need arises. That's a Yamaha by the way, you can tell from the shape of the fairing.

Fantastic info. I'm glad to know there is a counterpart in Canada and in the UK. There is an RBLR branch in Hampshire. I went out and looked at the PGR and found that we apparently have Captains in the Caribbean and in what is called the "Pacific Protectorates". As long as we are there...

RACNRAY
02-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Very heartwarming...THANX for the link.

RACNRAY

Monkeyman
02-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice story but we have the PGR in the US. We ride at all sorts of military funerals. Rarely do we have any idea who the fallen soldier is. I guess I would have assumed there was something similar in England.

ringadingh
02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I have never noticed any RBLR branches in Ontario. Maybe they are scattered about in some larger areas.

Eagle Eye
02-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Great story, thanks for that. Every veteran that has stood up for their country deserves a send off.