PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Trip

hollywood
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
I am planning a trip to Ark. I am planning on riding Scenic Highway 7 with a Stop on Hot Springs then on to Eureka Springs for a couple of days. Return trip will be down the Pig Trail and then back through the entire state of Texas down to the Rio Grande Valley.

1. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

2. Can I make it from Hot Springs to Eureka Springs in 1 day. Taking into account curvey road and the fact that I will be going slow on the curves.

3. Has anyone stayed at Iron Horse Stables in Eureka Springs. It looks like a great place.

4. What can I expect etc.......

I read Trips reports about Ark on his website. Good Job on those Trip.

Look forward to hearing from others http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

jmorrow
04-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Hollywood, Yes, the trip from Hot Springs to Eureka Springs can be made in 5 to 8 hours depending on speed and how often you stop. I've made that trip several times, leaving at 8:00am and arriving around 2:00 - 4:00pm.....Nice, scenic ride. A nice short detour (14 mile round trip) would be at Dardanelle, AR., take AR-155 up to Mount Nebo State Park, but only if your turning skills are very good, because there are a few very sharp, up hill, switch back turns that are tuff to make especially if it's your first time up that mountain.....And if you take the ride to Nebo, and it's on a weekend at around 1:00 -2:00 there are people hang gliding off the mountain on it eastern side (wind and weather permitting). When you get to Nebo S.P. where the highway tee's turn left, then at the next highway tee make another left and the highway will end on the east side.

dlarue
04-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey, if you do make the detour to Dardanelle (which is SOOOO worth it, especially this time of year) send me a message, we are only a few miles from there.

I think you will really enjoy your trip through AR... It is so beautiful, all of the wild flowers are starting to bloom alongside the roads, and it is one thing that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime.... Let me know if you would like to meet up! We would love to spend a couple of hours riding with you guys!

nolan
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Check out www.motorcycleroads.us (http://www.motorcycleroads.us) We are in Siloam Springs, AR. enjoying the area.

hollywood
04-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Hey Delinda - I'll be sure to let ya'll know when we are gonna be in the area. It will probably be on the 17th of June give or take a day. I'll write back when the date gets closer. I would love to meet up with you!!
Thanks
Hollywood

dlarue
04-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Wonderful! Sounds like a plan! Just let me know!

watchman
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
The Iron horse is not a bad place to stay and it has a small cafe and bar there. But your are about 5 mile east of Eureka Springs. The Riders Rest is another biker resort and just on the east edge of town. This is where the Central KawaNOW rally is being held. Carloyn's Ozark Inn is another Biker friendly motel a little farther into town.

dlarue
05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Last year at the VROC Rally, we stayed at the Riders Rest... very nice people, every night we were there, they had live music, lots of fun... Nice little place ran by bikers too.

hollywood
06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
We are leaving Sunday from Austin to go on the Ark Trip. My first really long ride and it's a little scary. 3 girls traveling on Motorcycles YEAH!! 1 Nomad, 1 Vulcan Classic 1600, and 1 Harley Heritage Softtail. Wish us luck and good weather

Hey Delinda - check your PM

waterman
06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
We are leaving Sunday from Austin to go on the Ark Trip. My first really long ride and it's a little scary. 3 girls traveling on Motorcycles YEAH!! 1 Nomad, 1 Vulcan Classic 1600, and 1 Harley Heritage Softtail. Wish us luck and good weather

Hey Delinda - check your PM

Don't be too worried. Just bring extra tools for the Harley. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif The two kawasaki's will do fine.

hollywood
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
+1

hollywood
06-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Well we got back on Monday - 2281.6 miles. Didn't hit any rain until 30 miles from the house (story of my life- lol) The Nomad ran great and we had a great time in Ark and at ROT before the trip.

I wish I could have worked it out to be there for the Central Rally. But I rode all those roads for ya just to make sure they are safe and fun. The verdict is GO FOR IT GUYS.

This will not be my last long ride.. Already planning the next one!!!!!