PDA

View Full Version : Fresno, CA

Duff
12-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Not sure what region group Fresno would fall into, so just posting in the main forum.

My wife's going to a dog show in Fresno the first weekend of March, so I'm going to borrow a trailer and tow my bike out there to do some riding. Anybody from the area that can show me the good rides?

cactusjack
12-13-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't know if we have any members in Fresno or even near there. We used to have one that lives in Clovis, but he's been gone from here for years.

Sin City Stan
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Not sure what region group Fresno would fall into, so just posting in the main forum.

My wife's going to a dog show in Fresno the first weekend of March, so I'm going to borrow a trailer and tow my bike out there to do some riding. Anybody from the area that can show me the good rides?

I'm nowhere near Fresno but you aren't that far from the south entrance to Yosemite. :tup:

markclark57
12-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Google Maps . . . :yep:

I don't always ride with a group, but when I do, I prefer VBA. :tup:

Sorry Brad. :lmao:

Netnorske
12-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Ride up to Yosemite NP....it is unbelievably beautiful in that valley along the Merced River. That is a DO NOT MISS place...:tup:!

waterman
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Ride up to Yosemite NP....it is unbelievably beautiful in that valley along the Merced River. That is a DO NOT MISS place...:tup:!

Would that be warm enough by March?

Duff
12-13-2012, 09:41 PM
As long as it's warmer than 20 and not snowing, it's warm enough for me

Dave
12-14-2012, 02:15 AM

Wouldn't that be park of the Mexico region?

billmac
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I spent 20 yrs in Fresno, but haven't been there in many years. I have lived near Fort Worth the past 40 years.

I worked one summer in 1973 at Yosemite Park and rode my motorcycle to work. It is 100 miles from Fresno to the Yosemite Valley floor. Beautiful ride with many curves. You need to go to the Valley to make the ride worth it. The valley is about 4500 elevation but you will get to about 7000 ft getting there. It will be cold and expect slick rodes that will be wet and have pine needles. In March there will be snow along the roads somewhere. (I only went home on weekends, the 100 miles one way often took more than 2.5 hours).

There other nice ride is to Kings Canyon National Park. It is not as far but the big redwoods are nice and definitely worth seeing.

You could ride over to the coast. But it is about 300 miles round trip. Monterrey is nice scenery, but the ride over is nothing special.

For 5 out of the last 7 years, wife and enjoy riding the Pacific Coast highway. We have rode from San Diego to north of San Francisco. Our favorite are is around Huntington Beach and south to San Diego. I like the coastline and the harbors. We like the Best Western in San Juan Capistrano. Nice place with fair prices.

Fresno itself is a dirty town with gangs and crime. Enjoy the trip.