PDA

View Full Version : New posts reset

jandreu
11-11-2012, 02:00 PM
At what time each day does the new posts search reset?

I've bumped a for sale thread several times to keep it visible but it does not show up in the new post search.
Thanks

Admin
11-11-2012, 03:28 PM
It doesn't show because you're the one making the post, therefore it's not new to you.

By the way, please don't 'bump' a thread more than once or twice per week.

Top Cat
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM
By the way, please don't 'bump' a thread more than once or twice per week.

Really, why http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/icon55.gif

cnc
11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Really, why http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/icon55.gif

They bruse easy.

chainsaw
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Cause admin is the boss and we donate so he can rule.

Top Cat
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Hello Mike, where are you?
Why can't we bump a thread more than twice a week?
Curious minds want to know :wave:

Admin
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Simply because we can't have everyone constantly bumping their thread just so it's at the very top.. it's not fair to everyone else, and it tends to get annoying. The first page has threads going back over 20 days, so I don't think you have to 'bump' a thread just because it's a few spots down from the top. That's a little ridiculous. People will see it, don't worry.

jandreu
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Simply because we can't have everyone constantly bumping their thread just so it's at the very top.. it's not fair to everyone else, and it tends to get annoying. The first page has threads going back over 20 days, so I don't think you have to 'bump' a thread just because it's a few spots down from the top. That's a little ridiculous. People will see it, don't worry.

Ok, I agree and assume you mean the first page I posted in on the for sale board has around 20 days on the first page simply due to it is not used much.

I'll still like to know what the reset time is for the "new posts" search.

Admin
11-12-2012, 04:02 AM
There is no 'reset' time, it's instant.

crazygene49
11-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Ok, I agree and assume you mean the first page I posted in on the for sale board has around 20 days on the first page simply due to it is not used much.

See post #2.

Jared
11-12-2012, 11:20 AM
There is no 'reset' time, it's instant.

I think the confusion come from the difference between "New Posts" and "Today's Posts".

The new post is instant, but the today post is not, correct? Perhaps that is what he meant to ask.

cactusjack
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM

The 'new posts' feature is dynamic and it renders a different page for each individual member at login.

jandreu
11-12-2012, 09:44 PM
At the top of each page in the red line it says "New Posts". Just asking for an explanation of how it works and what is considered a "New Post" and is it controlled by some reset time period or maybe midnight. Not trying to make an issue out of this.

It appears that at some time during the 24 hour period this resets. Or is it just the new posts made since I last clicked on "New Posts"?

For example at any given time if I click on "New Posts" I get X number of returns, If I go back 10 minutes later I usually get the same returns but if I go back hours later there are quite a few less returns. As I am in a Hawaii Standard Time zone I am usually reading posts when the East Coast is near midnight and was wondering if that is a reset time.
Just now I clicked on "New Posts" and read a few of them, when I click on "New Posts" again all the same posts are there but the ones I read are now indicated without the bold lettering indicating I have read them.

BudMan
11-13-2012, 08:51 AM
I believe it's new posts since you last logged in.

Kawhead
12-31-2012, 02:42 AM
POST BUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell is that so funny?:lmao:

I'm assuming that if you don't bump a post twice a week you loose 'em, and we don't have roll over bumps.:shrug::cheers: