PDA

View Full Version : Greeley, CO Run

waterman
04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Ells and I met up today for a run. Met in Longmont and headed towards Greeley. No one else contacted us about meeting up so we headed down the road. Took mainly paved country roads. It was fun. Did have one moment of horror. As I went over a rough (and I mean rough) railroad tracks, I noticed something bouncing behind my bike. Pulled over and started looking things over while Ells went back to gather whatever flew off. Couldn't find anything until I noticed the locks on the trunk were open. Lifted the lid and to my horror, my glass pack was missing.

Ell, made it back and everything was good to go. Amazing, at least 10 cars went over the top of it and didn't hit it.

Lots of flat straight roads, but nice scenery. As far as the flat roads, what else to you expect for eastern Colorado. Next time, we head for the mountains and get some twisties in.

Ells, glad we met up finally. Couldn't ask for a nicer gent. But of course, he drives a Nomad.

ells
04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
It was as a good time and Waterman was a great tour guide. I took the lead at one point in Greeley and made a wrong turn within about a 1/2 block. Got back track and then did a great job leading on the 30 mile stretch that was straight and a arrow, but by golly I got us there. Always sort of interesting to be cruising out on the Colo eastern plains, hours of riding but check back to the west and there they are, the towering Rockies. Was particularly clear today Waterman noted and with the Mts at their maximum snow load was indeed a grand view, can see all the way from Wyoming to Pikes peak from out there. Was very good to get meet and ride with Waterman, we have some plans do it again, but maybe shift to a road I know better. Hope some others can join us next time.

Thanks Joel, made it back from Wiggins in just over an hour and didn't hit the wind tunnel.

audiogooroo
04-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds like you guys had fun.
At the last minute I blazed up to Copper Mountain to meet up with Malachi this afternoon to pick up some mufflers. Nice ride, a little windy and kinda chilly over the pass, but a great ride.
Malachi rode his new wing....traitor! lol.

dantama
04-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Ells, glad we met up finally. Couldn't ask for a nicer gent.

+1 on that :)

waterman
04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
My pleasure Ells. Some roads that I haven't been on. Not as scenic as the area you live in. In that area, as long as you North/South or East/West you will hit a major road. You made pretty good time. I made it home in around 45 minutes from there.

Take care till we hit the roads again.