PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the seat brackets gone

kevin
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
So I bought a mustang seat for my 2011 Vaquero so the wife would have a better seat. The mustang seat is great when she rides and on long trips. But for commuting and riding solo i like the stock seat. PROBLEM: The mustang requires the use of the stock seat's bracket to attach to the bike. I would like an extra one to put back one the stock seat to make replacing them with one another easy. I tried to oder a bracket from two dealers so far both said that the part is on backorder(I placed the order anyway I was in no real hurry to get it). That was 4 months ago and still no bracket. Tried online part stores NO LUCK there either. Most sites show it as unavailable and the ones that show it in there store don't have it when i call. So any help or advice would be great.

smokey
10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Did you try ebay, some guy was parting out a vn1700 not that long ago.

aldridgekennedy
10-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I did the same thing with my gel touring seat. Wife likes it for 2 up riding. I prefer the stock seat for solo. Changing out the bracket everytime was a pain.

The olnly place i found the extra bracket was ordering it through the dealer. It is so infrequently requested there apparantly isn't a supply of them ready to ship out. It took me about 2 months or so, but the delaer got me one in. I'd say just hang in there and check in with your dealer from time to time to "remind" them.

Good luck. If i run across one though I'll let you know.

jestephens
10-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I ordered mine through the dealer. I had to contact Kawasaki to get the part numbers for the bracket and the rubber bumpers that go on the bottom of the seat pan.

Total was about $70. I was a bit upset that it took an additional $70 to make the second seat usable (to swap back and forth).
I searched for the part numbers I had before making this post, but to no avail. I'll keep looking, and also think I've posted them here before too. ???

jestephens
10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
After looking around for emails and such, I remembered Kawasaki actually replied to me by phone and I had written the part numbers on paper an taken that to the dealer. - in short, I have no remaining record of the part numbers. Sorry

bouson
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Per Kawasaki website accessories parts diagram for the Vaqueros the Bracket is 11056-0951 the Damper is 92075-1927

bearbait
10-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I got a seat bracket from this on-line source: http://www.partsdepotstore.com/pages/OemParts?aribrand=KUS#/Kawasaki/VN1700JBF_Vulcan_1700_Vaquero_%282011%29/SEAT/VN1700JBF-2011/I17I1715F2510

It was backordered and took probably two months to arrive, but it did come in.

Kawasakieric
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Both the brackets and grommets are in stock as per Kawasaki dealer website.
I had 1 on back order for 6 weeks and got it last week.

kevin
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Hey thanks to everyone who replied. Dealer called yesterday and told me my order just arived. Only took em about 4 months to get it.