PDA

View Full Version : Northerners forgive me..

cactusjack
03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
85 degrees!!

and I'm stuck in this cube farm for 35 more minutes :( Not bad for March 20, though.

joesnomad
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
43 degrees here, real windy calling for more snow tommorrow night cant wait.

mrfuni
03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
80 degrees in South Florida....

Top Cat
03-20-2008, 07:21 PM
35 degrees NY State, Wind blowing 31 mph. Snowing lightly.
Nope not riding yet.

Idaho
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
You southerners can rub it in now. We will be enjoying great rides in moderate temps while you guys are taking cover in air conditioned houses and sweltering in humidity that will make a grown man cry. What does the temp reach in summer in Chandler, AZ? 110 to 120 degrees? Hot enough that you can't sit on the mc seat after it's out in the sun? Sounds like fun.

ringadingh
03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Its 32 here, so dont rub it in! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

cactusjack
03-20-2008, 10:37 PM
You southerners can rub it in now. We will be enjoying great rides in moderate temps while you guys are taking cover in air conditioned houses and sweltering in humidity that will make a grown man cry. What does the temp reach in summer in Chandler, AZ? 110 to 120 degrees? Hot enough that you can't sit on the mc seat after it's out in the sun? Sounds like fun.

No, but the clutch and brake levers get a might hot sitting out in the sun. Fortunately, the motorcycle parking area at work is on the east side of the building, so they sit in the shade from about 1:00 on. Of course, it's 105 in the shade....BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT.

http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Idaho
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Dry, wet, hot is still hot. Can't take off enough clothes to be comfortable. That's an ugly thought.

03-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Hot enough to fry and egg on the sidewalk. I'll have mine sunny side up.

dakals
03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Snowing here, started late last night!!! Suppose to get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches!! Yeah for me!!!! Those of you that can ride today please ride for me as well!!!

flightdoc
03-21-2008, 08:11 AM
below freezing , wind blowing 50 mph today in NH. Still have 3 feet of snow in my yard.

jussmatt
03-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Sitting in the high 70's right now.... a few clouds here and there...but man.... gonna be a GREAT ride home!!! This morning's ride in was great w/ most people being off work today... and the full moon was high and bright!!! Outta here in about 15min...gonna take the lllllooooonnnngggg way home today and enjoy the ride!

blowndodge
03-21-2008, 01:38 PM

I live on the coast bro. summertime average high of 85. Winter 62 average high. Bright blue ocean in view of most of my rides..

damark115
03-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey Flightdoc / Vin
I am 20 minutes south of you, tops. Cold and blowing but not a drop of snow in my yard here in northern Mass. There was ice on the street so I left the bike home today. I heard that the snow is still around about 30 miles north of me.
It may hit 40 on Easter, Maybe my G/F will want to join me for a ride Sunday.

Idaho
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
[quote:utrqajcq]You southerners can rub it in now. We will be enjoying great rides in moderate temps while you guys are taking cover in air conditioned houses and sweltering in humidity that will make a grown man cry. What does the temp reach in summer in Chandler, AZ? 110 to 120 degrees? Hot enough that you can't sit on the mc seat after it's out in the sun? Sounds like fun.

I live on the coast bro. summertime average high of 85. Winter 62 average high. Bright blue ocean in view of most of my rides..[/quote:utrqajcq]

Almost sounded great BD until I remembered that it is still CALIFORNIA. I will stick with my winters.

03-24-2008, 12:52 AM
People have the wrong idea about California. Most of it is typical rural and small town America.

Then there are the Greater LA, 'Frisco, Sacramento, and San Diego areas, which are pretty much like big cities everywhere. They give California a bum rap.

If you stay out of those places, it is a huge, wonderful state with lots of wilderness-type riding, desolate seashore, soaring mountains, interesting small towns, and deserts you could really get lost in. Really.

The problem is one of marketing: all you out-of-state folks see on TV is the big city crap.

I gotta post my ride photos here.

cactusjack
03-24-2008, 03:14 PM
I agree, California has a lot of varied scenery and it's an enormous state, big cities make up a relatively small area. I'm partial to the area from Oxnard up the coast to Santa Barbara, and the Angel's Camp area S of Sacto. Come to think of it, the area NE of Sacto, around Chico and Paradise and Oroville is also very nice.

flightdoc
03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Danmark. t's amazing how a few miles can such a difference. Barrington, nh is about 30 miles north of you and we still have a lot of snow up here once you get off the major roads.
Have to meet up one of these days. We have a good friend that just moved to Haverhill.

damark115
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Flightdoc, I look forward to a meeting. I think about riding that way every time I am out but I keep hearing about that snow. I was down near Fall River Ma for easter and it looks like spring. Guy down there says he only used snowblower three times and the snow never really lasted. Only a 90 mile trip south. I hope your snow goes away soon.
I am sure we will meet up soon

Mark

03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
I agree, California has a lot of varied scenery and it's an enormous state, big cities make up a relatively small area. I'm partial to the area from Oxnard up the coast to Santa Barbara, and the Angel's Camp area S of Sacto. Come to think of it, the area NE of Sacto, around Chico and Paradise and Oroville is also very nice.

I kinda miss the Grand Canyon and Cave Creek. I wonder what it's like now? Haven't been there since 1973.