PDA

View Full Version : My Son in Army

unwind2
03-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Just got a call from my son. The one we just visited in Hawaii that's in the Army. He is having emergency surgery this am to have his appendix out. Man! Why couldn't his appy gone hot while we were there. This is difficult...me here in TN and my son having surgery without any family around. :'(

03-18-2008, 07:44 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers here.Be assured your son is getting excellent care.I bet he has plenty of his Army buddies around.

soldierboy3502
03-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm in the army as well and let me tell ya, if I was gonna surgery anywhere, it better be Hawaii....they have the hottest nurses!!! Our prayers are with your family. May the power of God skill the surgeon to have great results.

ringadingh
03-18-2008, 08:50 AM
My prayers go out to you, Im sure everything will work out fine for your son.

03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
I had mine out in high school. I felt much better afterwards!

rlfaubion
03-18-2008, 09:12 AM
It'll be OK Unwind - I'm hoping for a quick recovery for your son, and thank him for his work for us.

dakals
03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
My prayers to him for a quick recovery. Hang in there unwind. We are all here for you. If you get a chance to get on here later we would all appreciate an update on your son. Be safe.

nomadd
03-18-2008, 09:26 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to your son for a speedy recovery. I'm sure he is in good hands.

jussmatt
03-18-2008, 10:49 AM
MOM!!!! It's ok!!! I know it 's hard, but he's in good hands over there!! Trust me...it's harder on you than it is him!!! Prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

flightdoc
03-18-2008, 11:13 AM
He'll do fine....He must be at Tripler Army Medical center for his surgery. I was stationed there for 4 years. Good place.

vin

unwind2
03-18-2008, 06:04 PM
He had his surgery and is doing fine. One of his buddies has already gone and got him this thing he loves called Jomba Juice. A fruit shake concoction. Thanks all for letting me whine and your thoughts and prayers.

Vin....yep he is at Tripler. In fact that is where he is stationed he is an xray tech in the Army there.

Yellow Jacket
03-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Glad it all went well. Thank the Lord!

radco
03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Just got a call from my son. The one we just visited in Hawaii that's in the Army. He is having emergency surgery this am to have his appendix out. Man! Why couldn't his appy gone hot while we were there. This is difficult...me here in TN and my son having surgery without any family around. :'(
I hear you..SUCKs you cannt be there,, My son had some surgury in Afganistan , and I know how you feel..........TELL your Son THANKYOU for his sevice,, My son was 10th Mtn Div,,,, Prayers to a speedy recovery...Rich

kawgirl
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear everything went well Unwind!!! Keep us posted.

Todd
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Glad its all good now unwind.....see, those boys grow up and things turn out ok when they are on their own...but I know,,,,you're always MOM....and he appreciates it...trust me.

flightdoc
03-18-2008, 08:10 PM
good for him unwind......hey radco.....thanks to your son for what he does.

vin

dakals
03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear he is doing good!!!!!!!! Thanks for the update on your son!!!!!!

unwind2
03-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys.

I can now talk about this...I was sooooo angry.
I don't carry my cell phone with me everywhere I go. It is used mostly for when out on the bike. So when my husband called me this am at work about my son I was wanting to get out from work as early as possible to I could go home and get on the cell and talk to him before they took him to surgery. I am the evening house supervisor and carry a beeper. The person who was to relieve me was sick and I was going to have to wait on someone else who comes in later to take the beeper. There's been times when this has happened and one of the ICU nurses volunteers to hold the beeper for the 30 min or so until the next person gets there. There was 3 ICU nurses this morning with 7 non-critical ICU pts ....they were going to have to send out pt to the floor to get another pt from the floor coming up for a cardizeim drip for a rapid heart rate. They refused to take the beeper....did not even give me a chance to tell them why I wanted to leave the beeper with them! I did get to talk to my son before his surgery and I plan on giving those ICU nurses a BTW note as to why I wanted to get out. I have stayed over many a days and all know I'm not one to run out. The day we had a tornado come thru our community I worked 20 hrs straight and no I did not get paid for it as was a iteriem manager at the time (for the ED manager who was out r/t surgery). Okay off my angry soap box now. I feel better - would have been nice if could have gone for a ride but thunderstorms here today. :-/Thanks again for listening.

Idaho
03-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Glad to hear that your son is okay. As for the nurses, tell them what happened and kill them with kindness. Stay on the high road and you will feel better. Best to blow off steam at us anyway.

stambukj
03-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Army tough!!!

dakals
03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
You can vent to us anytime!!!!!! Glad to hear you guys are ok out there from the tornado!!!!! Hope your son feels better soon!!!!

ringadingh
03-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Glad to here he's OK. I knew he would be!

unwind2
03-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Glad to hear that your son is okay. As for the nurses, tell them what happened and kill them with kindness. Stay on the high road and you will feel better. Best to blow off steam at us anyway.

Oh sure I'll kill them with kindness and wait my opportunity....there'll be a day they will want a favor...like first call off or something.....guess who will be last call off...hehe.