PDA

View Full Version : Number one song

Idaho
03-16-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0

If I like this does it make me a hate filled angry white guy?

naugaman
03-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Right on Idaho. Why is it that all the people from non Northern Europe countries have a hyphenated disclaimer as to their nationality? I do not go around saying I am an Anglo-American. I spent some time in Asia and you better believe I had to learn the language to survive. The squeaky minority seems to get their way all the time. Vote Republican.

joesnomad
03-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Sounds to me like your a real American. Keep thinking the way you do more and more are starting to see the light. Someday we may even get our country back. Remember back when we believed in what ever god we wanted to, and just because our neighbor believed differently we didnt condem him or make a big stink about. How about when if you had a problem with a product you purchased you called the company and the person who answered spoke english. How about going to the store standing in line and not having people speak some other language and you wern't afraid that they were talking about killing or robbing you. Damn I miss that.

dantama
03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
While I can appreciate the sentiments, I did find it funny that it was sung by someone that said Engleesh and Langweege :)

Yellow Jacket
03-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I guess if I wanted to be like all the anti-american dipsticks I could call myself a German-Austrian-Anglo-Belgian-Swedish-French-American since I can trace my ancestors to all of those countries. NOT! I am an American and only an American. My father fought in, and some of my relatives died in WW-II. My cousin and I served and fought in Vietnam. My brother served in the Army. One cousin served in Korea. We are all Americans and anyone who tries to say otherwise (or hypenate us) should get ready for a whupping.

I have nothing against anyone who immigrates to the U.S. legally. I welcome them. But by God they need to make an effort to learn the language. I remember when I was a child the immigrants from Latvia in our neighborhood. Every one of them including the oldest ones all made an effort to learn English. I don't recall anybody denigrating or looking down at them because their English wasn't good. They tried and got better as time went on. Now people say that the immigrants shouldn't have to learn English, their kids will pick it up over time and eventually they will assimilate. Bull crap! If you don't want to at least try to learn OUR language, go back where you came from.

Yes Idaho, I like the song. If you like it too, in my opinion that makes you an American and a patriot.

Now I will shut up.

ringadingh
03-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I think its time people stood up and demanded some of our own rights, instead of catering to every minority that comes to North America.

03-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I also hate having to press 1 for english...every one should want to learn english and have to to live in the USA!

dakals
03-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Before they are allowed in the united states they should have to take a course to learn how to speak english and then have to take a test that is in english. Then if they pass they can come over here. If not then stay out!! I believe that everyone has the right to be here but i should not have to but you should learn our ways of living. We should not have to change anything to accomodate for them. And if you don't like our words in god we trust or one nation under god or our american flag then get the f@ck out!!!! If you want to be here that is fine but you live by the same rules that we do. Sorry guys that's a touchy subject for me.

dantama
03-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Has everyone else started getting telemarketing Spanish calls in the past year too?

ianicky
03-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Your not on your own guys over the past 3-4 years we have had many eastern Europeans coming to the UK when there countries joined the EU allowing them to travel to any EU country, The UK has been swarmed by Polish, Croatians, and others. I travel to many different factories working and there is not many that do not employ them because they will work for a minimum wage doing us Brits out of work. We are now seeing menus etc in foreign languages in cafes etc.
But what really gets me going is the Muslims that seem to dictate to us what we can and cant do in our own country. The UK is going to the dogs fast!!! room for a Brit over there?? ;)

dantama
03-18-2008, 09:13 AM
The UK is going to the dogs fast!!! room for a Brit over there?? ;)

If you can handle people that speak English, but not the queens English :) We have room.

I'm married to a Brit who's been here less than 10 years, she still wonders how it is we think we're speaking English :)

dakals
03-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Your not on your own guys over the past 3-4 years we have had many eastern Europeans coming to the UK when there countries joined the EU allowing them to travel to any EU country, The UK has been swarmed by Polish, Croatians, and others. I travel to many different factories working and there is not many that do not employ them because they will work for a minimum wage doing us Brits out of work. We are now seeing menus etc in foreign languages in cafes etc.
But what really gets me going is the Muslims that seem to dictate to us what we can and cant do in our own country. The UK is going to the dogs fast!!! room for a Brit over there?? ;)

Come on over and play with us!!!!!!!

ianicky
03-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Been to Florida 3 times on holiday (Vacation) and loved it there, i would love to see more of the US, still waiting for my big lottery win and i will be out there quicker than you can say "silver & blue Nomad are the fastest" ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

dantama
03-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Been to Florida 3 times on holiday (Vacation) and loved it there, i would love to see more of the US, still waiting for my big lottery win and i will be out there quicker than you can say "silver & blue Nomad are the fastest" ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

You've got it good coming here though. When I go there, things cost twice as much. When you come here, everything is on a 1/2 off sale :)

ianicky
03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
[quote:ocr7cwh2]Been to Florida 3 times on holiday (Vacation) and loved it there, i would love to see more of the US, still waiting for my big lottery win and i will be out there quicker than you can say "silver & blue Nomad are the fastest" ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

You've got it good coming here though. When I go there, things cost twice as much. When you come here, everything is on a 1/2 off sale :)[/quote:ocr7cwh2]

Yeh thats true but that means i got twice as much stuff to get home :-/ what part of the UK is your wife from??

dantama
03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
[quote:kx20xbqj]

You've got it good coming here though. When I go there, things cost twice as much. When you come here, everything is on a 1/2 off sale :)

Yeh thats true but that means i got twice as much stuff to get home :-/ what part of the UK is your wife from??[/quote:kx20xbqj]

London, I can't remember what the area is called, but when we'd walk to the Tube we'd go by Marble Arch.

ianicky
03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
[quote:wi1v7bay]

Yeh thats true but that means i got twice as much stuff to get home :-/ what part of the UK is your wife from??

London, I can't remember what the area is called, but when we'd walk to the Tube we'd go by Marble Arch. [/quote:wi1v7bay]

No wonder you think its expensive here, London is more expensive than most places in the UK due to all the American & Japanese tourists http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

rflnomad
03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Living IN Flori-duh, you BETTER know English, Spanish, Creole (for the Haitians) and Portugeese ( for the Brazillians!) And you need to know Mayan Indian too because of the Guatamalans that only know that.
Some of the city hall meetings were being held in Spanish until there was a near riot.
I see it at work. Tool carts are written in English & Spanish. But the work order paperwork in is English. So these people are NOT following the work orders correctly. They can not read them! Amazing!
Be careful before moving to Flori-duh; nice to visit but not a good place to live.

Idaho
03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
It p*sses me off every time I go into a store and see signs and instructions in Spanish. I am about to start boycotting businesses that cater to non-english speaking people. If they want their business so bad they can have it and I will take mine elsewhere.

I had to go to "Diversity Training" that our church sponsored last year. They tried to tell us clergy that we needed to learn spanish and have pamphlets and brochures in spanish to be more welcoming. I had a belly full by the second day and told my host that the problem was not that we are prejudiced to Mexicans but that there is extreme resentment in 80% of the US population toward Mexicans who break our laws and then demand rights from us and that until our government started enforcing our laws nothing was going to get any better. Then I excused myself and went home. On my Nomad of course.

dakals
03-19-2008, 09:58 AM
+100000000000000

03-19-2008, 05:53 PM
A few years ago there were more Mexicans born in CA then any other race...according to an article in The Reader (a weekly mag in San Diego)...can't find the article but it was very interesting!

Idaho
03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
A few years ago there were more Mexicans born in CA then any other race...according to an article in The Reader (a weekly mag in San Diego)...can't find the article but it was very interesting!

Yes, and the Constitutional ammendment that confered citiizenship on babies born on US soil needs to be ammended to say that the mother of said baby must be here legally or they both get shipped home. That would end "anchor babies".