PDA

View Full Version : Best online trip planner

socwkbiker
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Last night I was online looking at different trip planners for the 2009 National rally and not only got different mileage on each, but none seemed easy to use.

What trip planner do you use and could you provide a link? The more info possible the better.

Top Cat
04-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey SWB, I know you said ON LINE planner but I got tired of the same problems you ran into. I bought Microsoft Streets and Trips for $40 at Circuit City. It works pretty good. It does put me on Interstates and toll roads as the fastest way to get to my destination. I have to go in and reroute, but I think it was worth the money.
By the way I punched in your trip and it came out 1117.5 Miles.

04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I like the harley one (http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Experience/experience.jsp?HDCWPSession=bTcnH0vGLvrxrbC7z11vQh S2LfT5ZmV4WYjd9byF1gvJNv7GvG7T!-1750317045!-1175664364&locale=en_US)

click on "launch ride planner" on right side

You can right click on way points to remove them and click on route and drag it to another road to modify route

Mapqust, google and yahoo make my computer crash

misunderstood
04-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I like the harley one (http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Experience/experience.jsp?HDCWPSession=bTcnH0vGLvrxrbC7z11vQh S2LfT5ZmV4WYjd9byF1gvJNv7GvG7T!-1750317045!-1175664364&locale=en_US)

click on "launch ride planner" on right side

You can right click on way points to remove them and click on route and drag it to another road to modify route

Mapqust, google and yahoo make my computer crash

Wolfman, THANKS. This is exactly what I was looking for to be able to adjust the route out west in May, as I need to gert 1500 miles fron Knoxville,TN to Rio Rancho,NM for the Bun Burner run. Thanks again. Now to go play with the route.......................

coacha
04-13-2008, 06:11 PM
HD site is pretty good except the "don't use highways" function didn't seem to work for me.

buck
04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
I like Google maps. Doesn't get much easier and you can drop and drag your route anywhere you want to compare mileage, etc. If your ambitious, you can download your map to friends and post pictures at waypoints along the way and they can be retrieved by those who are following your trip. Buck

rlfaubion
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey SWB, I know you said ON LINE planner but I got tired of the same problems you ran into. I bought Microsoft Streets and Trips for $40 at Circuit City. It works pretty good. It does put me on Interstates and toll roads as the fastest way to get to my destination. I have to go in and reroute, but I think it was worth the money.
By the way I punched in your trip and it came out 1117.5 Miles.

TC, you can click on your route (light it up in blue) and then right click to drag it to an alternate route.

Top Cat
04-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks lonejuan http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif I don't understand why it puts me on interstates when I go to options and say they are my least favorite roads. I'm still learning to use it, but use it all the time.

rlfaubion
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I know of two ways to avoid that. One is to do what I suggested in that you can drag the route off the interstate to another route. Two, is to draw a block or line around a section of the interstate you want to avoid. after it's drawn, click on "Avoid Area".