PDA

View Full Version : vaquero seat compatability

lessenone
01-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Quick Question. Does any one know if, say, a mustang or similar aftermarket seat made for a 1700 Voyager or even a Nomad would swap onto the vaquero. Seat options are still limited as we know. I've concidered sending the stock seat out to have work done. but I'm anal when it comes to my bikes, I like having the ability to return it to stock before sale.

twowheeladdict
01-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Don't know the answer to your exact question, but while visiting the dealer we tried to put the stock vaquero seat on a Voyager and they are not compatible. Did not try the other way. They have different connection points.

Kawasaki does have several different seats out for the Vaquaro. Touring, Solo, heated, also a solo rack.

aldridgekennedy
01-07-2012, 09:20 AM
I tried my 2010 nomad seat on a vaquero and it does not fit. It's a shame too, the wife liked the comfortable stock passenger nomad seat.

lessenone
01-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. oh well, might just send my seat out or wait for someone to come out with something.

twowheeladdict
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
If you are wanting you seat to look the same, but increase the comfort, check out www.greatdaytoride.com (http://www.greatdaytoride.com)

Had him do my Ninja seat and doubled the time I could sit in the saddle before taking a break.

BC RED VAQ
01-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Mustang will have a seat out by the end of Jan recieved an e-mail from them. The price will be $489 wide touring to $789 for wide touring driver and pass back rests.

aldridgekennedy
01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the Kawa tour seat for the vaquero they could post? Their website advertises it as %30 larger passenger area.

Has anyone had any experience wih it?

motomi1
01-08-2012, 06:46 AM
I have the kawi touring seat and I don't like it but my wife does.

redjay
01-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Why dont you like it ?

Crab
01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
interested in knowing myself...Why dont ya like the gel seat...
thx
Crab

gv550
01-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Quick Question. Does any one know if, say, a mustang or similar aftermarket seat made for a 1700 Voyager or even a Nomad would swap onto the vaquero. Seat options are still limited as we know. I've concidered sending the stock seat out to have work done. but I'm anal when it comes to my bikes, I like having the ability to return it to stock before sale.

I have a Voyager and have a Vaquero gel seat on it (not the gel touring seat). The difference between a Vaq and Voy seat mounting is the Vaq latch is 1/8 inch higher, and the Voy uses an extra bracket on the rear fender. I use the Vaq seat for solo riding without the trunk, and put the 2-piece Voyager seat and trunk back on for two-up riding.
Any of the aftermarket Voyager seats that are one-piece should attach directly to a Vaquero but may be a bit loose due to the 1/8 less compression on the latch spring. The rear fender bracket is not needed for the one piece seat. If you want to install a 2-piece seat you will need the rear fender bracket.

Garry

motomi1
01-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Why dont you like it ?

The gel touring seat has no "give" and it causes major butt burn within an hour. It also sits you up too high. I have been unable to get the seat to "break in" so consequently I am going to have the gel replaced with a softer foam and lower the driver portion of the seat. Azcruizer loves his gel seat so if you can try one out somehow and decide for yourself.

ponch
01-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Send your stocker to Russell. (http://www.day-long.com)

motomi1
01-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Send your stocker to Russell. (http://www.day-long.com)
We have a local who does seat work, he did the stock "solo" seat and now I will have him do the gel touring seat.

Monkeyman
01-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't mind having a seat like that on my '07 Nomad. That looks nice.

ponch
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Ultimately, what is more important with a seat, looks or comfort? If you chase looks, you'll never have the most comfortable seat. Form should almost always follow function in a contest between the two.

motomi1
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Fortunately for me this seat has passed the 250 mile test so I would not be afraid to use it for any amount of time that I could stand to ride. I always say if you don't think about it it must be ok and I never think of this seat or my HJC helmet so they must work.

remcbride
01-28-2012, 06:19 PM
I have the kawi touring seat and I don't like it but my wife does.
Is that the kawi back rest? Is it quick change? And do you have to remove the strips between the bag and bike to use it.
thanks