PDA

View Full Version : still riding

rayski271
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
any ncr members still riding ive been taking advantage of the great temps we are having dont remember last time i rode in jan oh wait yes i do i lived in texas then but we are still golfing and riding i think i like this global warming thing

jendesigner
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
I've been riding, haven't even thought of putting the bike away for the Winter. I don't mind riding in the cold as long as there is no ice, snow or salt i'll ride. Tomorrow could hit 50, taking the day off if work to go riding.

biscuitsngravy
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
I've just been hanging out lately with a very bad news upper respiratory infection. Had it almost two weeks now, but getting better with meds.

I was sitting in my old chair watching dumb old election chatter when I looked out the window and saw it was such a beautiful day. About 60 degrees and there I was, just wasting away my day.

I felt good enough to go take a ride on ol' BiscuitsNGravy. Went over 70 miles this afternoon. It felt so good. I love the sound of that engine.

Saw five other bikers doing the same thing out in the country. A great day on this 5th day of JANUARY 2012!!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

Dave

Monkeyman
01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Hope you feel better soon, BNG.

AlabamaNomadRider
01-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Not in the NCR but living in the sunny south I am still riding about every third day.

Dave, sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Sure hope you get over it soon.

ringadingh
01-06-2012, 06:44 AM
We seen a bike out yesterday, the weather was good, but the roads are white with salt, I wouldn't ride the bike untill the roads gor rinsed off first.

GIBBY
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
I sure wish I was still riding. You cannot go 10 feet around here without seeing a big patch of salt. Too much aluminum on my bike to be riding in all that sh**. Also, around here there is frost in the road that is not always visible. Have fun riding you guys and be careful, cagers are not expecting to see motorcycles this time of year.

glwilson
01-06-2012, 08:20 AM
There are plenty of bikes riding around here yet. I haven't due to my back and treatments I am in the middle of having.

The doctor treating my back rides a BMW and has been riding it to work most everyday this winter. Having said that... keep in mind he is a BMW rider... they are nuts to begin with!! ...at least that is what I told him.

He just laughed at me and said... "you're jealous... aren't you?" I had to laugh and admit I was.:D

About a year ago I posted about the weather system switching from the La Nina to the El Nino phase and how I was going to take note of the change in weather across the country. So far, the switch-over hasn't disappointed me yet. I could go all winter without seeing snow.

GIBBY
01-06-2012, 11:17 AM
I could go all winter without seeing snow.

Amen to that Greg. We have had a total of about 6", most of which is all gone. Oh yeah, those BMW riders are all a little "whack", right Ponch? Hope your back is getting better :yep:

cbutteris
01-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Got out for 10-12 miles today. I needed to fire up the Nomad anyway so might as well take advantage of 50 degrees!

Roads are clear here - no sand or salt even. City was spraying some pre-treat though to get ready for snow later on tomorrow. -Cal

rayski271
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
yep there saying three to six inches tomorrow so ive got to get a ride in today talk to you all later

ponch
01-11-2012, 12:01 PM
I wish I could. :tup:

ponch
01-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Not so sure about riding now that it is 12˚ out with a little snow.

jendesigner
01-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Yep, I think yesterday was the last day for me for a while, snow is on it's way this afternoon. I guess now I will have time to do the projects I had planned for the bike but I would rather be riding.

Already insulated the garage, added extra heater, carpeted, ran cable for flat screen TV and a stocked mini fridge, should get me through till Spring. :-)

biscuitsngravy
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you are working on a man-cave, jendesigner! On the main door of my garage I have a sign that reads "What happens in my garage, stays in my garage." Basically it means...... when I break something in my garage, it doesn't move out of the garage.