PDA

View Full Version : VBA South Central Rally 2012 (up date 1/16)

oldbikers
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
The rally will be the 7th 8th and 9th of June 2012 in Van Buren AR.
Here is the latest information from Dave we all need to think him for his efforts in getting the motel.
Travelers Inn
3109 Alma Hwy.
Van Buren, AR. 72956
479-474-2378

Ask for Kenny and tell him you are with KawaNOW.

He said he wouldn't require a credit card to reserve a room.
The rates are:
1 person $42.80 Tax Included
2 persons $44.00 Tax Included
This is located at the intersection I-540 & U.S.64

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/icon1.gif
Here is the list that I have right now

usranger74
12-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Jim

I am doing some planning. Just want to confirm that we will have planned rides on June 7, 8, and 9. With most folks showing up on June 6. Is that correct?

oldbikers
12-23-2011, 06:13 AM
That is correct Bill but one day will be a free day we may have a short ride that day we will see as we get closer.

oldbikers
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
We have come up with some plans for the rally in Van Buren (http://www.vanburen.org/home.php#)

Here goes.....

Wednesday: Arrival day.

We'll have some cold drinks etc. ready at the motel. We plan on getting together for dinner.
Probably across the street from the motel at the Western Sizzlin.

Thursday: Devil's Den Ride (Map) (http://g.co/maps/hsfhm)

We will ride into Oklahoma to visit Sequoyah's Cabin (http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/sequoyah1.html) near Sallisaw.
Sequoyah (http://www.manataka.org/page81.html) is the inventor of the Cherokee's alphabet.
Just an FYI....just west of the cabin we will ride past the Akins Cemetery.
Last stop for the 30's gangster "Pretty Boy Floyd"
We'll then go north on U.S. 59 to the Cookson Hills before turning east back to Arkansas.
Then we will ride into the Boston mountains and stop at Devil's Den State Park (http://www.ozarkmerchants.com/devils_den.html) near Winslow.
There is a trail to the Den if anyone is interested in walking it.
However currently both the Den (the cave) and the icebox (basically a crack in the ground) are closed.
We will take U.S. 71 south and AR 282 from there going back to Van Buren.
This is about 150 miles and should get us back to the motel by mid-afternoon.

Friday: Mt. Magazine Ride (Map) (http://g.co/maps/ct48y)

We will go the other direction and ride south on U.S. 71 to Waldron.
Then east on AR 28. We'll ride on the north side of Lake Nimrod (http://www.arkansas.com/places-to-go/lakes-rivers/lake.aspx?id=21) the oldest ACOE lake in the state.
From there north on AR 7 then west to the lodge at Mt. Magazine State Park (http://www.mountmagazinestatepark.com/).
It's Arkansas's newest state park. Signal Hill, a peak on the mountain is the highest point in the state.
The plan is to have lunch at the lodge before riding north to Paris.
To get back across the river we'll go to Ozark and then head west to Van Buren.
Most of this ride is before we get Mt. Magazine.
So we need plan on starting about 8:00 and lunch about 1:00
This is about 235 miles.

Saturday: There are no planned rides.

We will have some suggestions for rides if anyone is interested.
And Jim "Dooley" has offered to lead a ride on the Pig Trail.

In Van Buren The Old Town Bike Show will start at 8:00 Saturday on main street.
Main street is a good place to walk around and window shop.
And there are plenty of places to eat. Crystal gives the pie at the Cottage Cafe two thumbs up. :tup::tup:

Last but not least a BBQ dinner is planned for Saturday evening.

Ft. Smith is just the other side of the river and is home to Judge Parkers Courthouse (http://www.nps.gov/fosm/index.htm).
The famous "Hangin' Judge" made popular in the movie True Grit.
Also the Ft. Smith Museum of History (http://www.fortsmithmuseum.com/) has a collection of things from former Ft. Smith resident,
Gen. William O. Darby founder of the U.S. Army Rangers.

In the near future we will post more info on things to do in the area in case anyone is interested.

Also we need everyone that can to bring some item for the auction and for the goodie bags.
And make sure and thank Budman and Jesse & Jim Dooley for all their efforts on planning this rally.
Come on folks lets try to have the biggest and best rally every :lmao::lmao::cheers:

okiecop
01-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Myself and a buddy of mine who rides a 2011 Voyager will be there. Will make reservations tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Attending:
Okiecop----Brent Yarbrough

Howard Diamond

oldbikers
01-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Myself and a buddy of mine who rides a 2011 Voyager will be there. Will make reservations tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Attending:
Okiecop----Brent Yarbrough

Howard Diamond

Looking forward to meeting both of you see you in June.

ndbigfish
01-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Jim,
The Missus and I will be there. The room booking was pretty laid back for sure.

BudMan
01-21-2012, 11:20 PM
I'll get by the motel before to long and double check with Kenny.
Just to make sure he's got everybody's name in the book.

oldbikers
01-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Jim,
The Missus and I will be there. The room booking was pretty laid back for sure.

Glad to have ya'll :tup::tup:

mobandy78
01-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Rally's on my calendar, but not sure if I'll be attending yet. It may have to be a day trip for me or get there Friday night and hang with you guys Saturday and ride home that night.

It'll probably be a last minute decision for me, so I wouldn't count me in yet.

BudMan
01-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Hope you can make it.

paul
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
First of all, Howdy to one and all! It's good to see all the activity. Well, I had a talk with Kelli and told her how it was going to be. And when the swelling subsided I heard her say that it would be great to go to the June rally. So, count on us, we plan to be there.

BudMan
01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear it Paul.
Looking forward to meeting your better half. :D
The list keeps growing.
Looks like were going to have a good turn out. :tup:

revmrq
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Just made my Reservation. I am Looking forward to seeing everyone.

nomadrider
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey Paul this is Mike in Laporte.Glad to see you are going to the rally .Maybe we can ride together again.

oldbikers
02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Glad to have ya'll Paul,Kelli and RevMrg looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

paul
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Mike, the thought crossed my mind. Only possible hitch is, we are going to leave on Tuesday and make a couple of day trip out of it. Take our time and maybe a few back roads. I haven't mapped out any sort of route yet, but can work on that over time. Would love to get together a larger group out of Houston and surrounding areas for the ride up, there, and back.

jesse
02-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah, Mike, the thought crossed my mind. Only possible hitch is, we are going to leave on Tuesday and make a couple of day trip out of it. Take our time and maybe a few back roads. I haven't mapped out any sort of route yet, but can work on that over time. Would love to get together a larger group out of Houston and surrounding areas for the ride up, there, and back.

You may want to leave early if you plan on riding back roads. They are really hard to find in Arkansas (you can't tell them from the main roads). I think we have some routed out for you when you get here. Looking forward to seeing you again.

oldbikers
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
new list (totals are on the bottom)

paul
02-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Yeah, Jesse, we plan to get underway early tuesday morning and probably make better than half way there. But We will definetly stay off of the main roads. Starting to learn that the journey is better than the destination. Although, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. Hey! I learned that Joel, my bud who lost the leg, is picking up his modified bike. It has automatic clutch and some kind of wheels that lower for stopping. Spent about 5K on the mods. Our friend that lives five doors down from me is retired and going to pick up the bike. I want to see it and maybe ride to see how it works. Joel has been doing real good on his new leg.

jesse
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah, Jesse, we plan to get underway early tuesday morning and probably make better than half way there. But We will definetly stay off of the main roads. Starting to learn that the journey is better than the destination. Although, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. Hey! I learned that Joel, my bud who lost the leg, is picking up his modified bike. It has automatic clutch and some kind of wheels that lower for stopping. Spent about 5K on the mods. Our friend that lives five doors down from me is retired and going to pick up the bike. I want to see it and maybe ride to see how it works. Joel has been doing real good on his new leg.

Glad to hear he hasn't lost the desire to ride.
A good friend of mine that I rode with for several years said "Young people pick a destination, Older people pick a direction". The older I get the more I realize it's true.

wanderer
02-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Oh good, then I'm not the only one stricken with wanderlust .

oldbikers
02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
But Gene everyone else likes to wander on the road and not out in the bushes? http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/smileywave-hello-yellow.gif

wanderer
02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
What? You never heard of dual sport?

petenomad
02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't recall seeing dual sport in any of Honda's Goldwing ads. :hmm:

dmyers
02-24-2012, 08:40 AM
I am going to try hard to make this one Looks like it will be a lot of fun and get to meet some other Vulcan riders

oldbikers
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Glad to have you dmyers let me know what your first name is so I can post it.

dmyers
02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Don Myers
VBA#01953

oldbikers
02-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Latest count:p

Cajunrider
02-25-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm having surgery on 3/5 to reconstruct my right bicep tendon that I ruptured yesterday. 3 months rehab after the surgery so it will be close for me. I can always come up in the cage if I'm not able to ride yet. My glass is half full, I'll be there on the Nomad!

oldbikers
02-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Good luck with the surgery Mitch looking forward to seeing you in June hope you can make it.

jesse
02-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Hope everything works out well, Mitch. Be careful, it is easy to reinjure while not fully healed.

nomadrider
02-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Heal quickly Mitch. Hope to see you in June. If you get to La Porte give me a call

BudMan
02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Hope you heal quickly.
If you didn't have such big muscles this probably wouldn't have happened. :D

Cajunrider
02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Heal quickly Mitch. Hope to see you in June. If you get to La Porte give me a call

Mike, I was there with a co-worker about 3 weeks ago. Spent 2 days and nights. I'm supposed to be leaving around lunchtime on Monday again. I'll be staying in Baytown at the Comfort Suites Monday night and will be at Sulzer most of the day on Tuesday before heading back home. Maybe we can meet up for dinner on Monday night. I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. You too Dave.

usranger74
02-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Mitch

Sorry to hear of the injury. Don't push yourself to come back to fast.

paul
02-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Heal fast. Best wishes for a good surgery. As Toby likes to put it, I ain't as good as I wunce wuz, But I'm as good once as I ever wuz.

jmorrow
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Mitch, hope everything goes well and heals fast. Looking forward to see you and Darlene in June.

Cajunrider
02-27-2012, 11:57 PM

It was great to see you again Mike. The food was great. I'll see you again in April.

Mitch

nomadrider
02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Same here Mitch.Once again heal quickly so you can ride that nomad.

chainsaw
02-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Sign Lin and I up. One bike

Chainsaw

oldbikers
02-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Great Al looking forward to seeing you and Lin.:tup:

chainsaw
03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Made our reservation today, "I think". Your right this guy is really laid back. He sez he has a lot of motorcycles coming in that week. All that's left is double bed rooms. Don't know how many rooms he has left though.

Cajunrider
03-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Surgery went well. 2 hours of drilling and pinning. Went back to work today despite not being released until the 20th. Pretty obvious that chances are better that I'll get hurt at home rather than at work. The cast and staples come off on the 20th with 3 months of rehab to begin. Riding this summer doesn't look very promising.

petenomad
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
My backseat will be free so Darlene can go on the rally rides with me. :yep:
Still hope to see you in June Mitch.

BudMan
03-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Glad to hear the surgury went well.
I'm suprised your employer let you come back without a release from the doctor.
Good luck with the rehab.

trip
03-07-2012, 09:55 PM
You need to take it easy Mitch. Going to work early will mess your brain up.... are we talking about your sanity or your injury? :tup:

nomadrider
03-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Glad to hear the surgery was a sucess .Heal quickly

billmac
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Mitch, glad to hear the surgery went well.

Cheryl and I made reservations for the June SC rally in Van Buren. At least I think we did. I told him I wanted a NO SMOKING room. He never asked me for dates, credit card, etc. Just my name. Guess my name carries some weight up there in Van Buren. lol

BudMan
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Bill, If you told him KawaNOW he knows the date's.
If my math is correct your's is the 19th room reserved out of the 25 available.
So....the "No Smoking" is at best a maybe at this late date.

As I stated in a previous post they are having the carpets cleaned the week before we get there.
So hopefully even the smoking rooms won't smell to much of cigarettes.
If the "Smoking/Non Smoking" is a deal breaker for some then I would recommend the Comfort Inn.
It's right across the street. But more expensive.
The Meadors Inn is also across the street, but I wouldn't suggest staying there.

BTW. I spoke with Kenny last week and checked on who's names were in the book.
Kenny writes in English about as well as he speaks it.
He has one name I'm not familiar with.
I sent a PM to check but haven't heard back.
As soon as I get a reply I'll know exactly who Kenny has booked.
Compared to who has stated they made reservations, I didn't see any problems.
Just the one in question I just mentioned.
But I'll post a list so everyone can see, and hopefully avoid any surprises upon arrival.

Just a few weeks away from leaving for Key West.:D
Then just a few weeks after that the SouthCentral Rally.
Shaping up to be a great Spring.:yep:

trip
03-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Bill, If you told him KawaNOW he knows the date's.
If my math is correct your's is the 19th room reserved out of the 25 available.
So....the "No Smoking" is at best a maybe at this late date.

As I stated in a previous post they are having the carpets cleaned the week before we get there.
So hopefully even the smoking rooms won't smell to much of cigarettes.
If the "Smoking/Non Smoking" is a deal breaker for some then I would recommend the Comfort Inn.
It's right across the street. But more expensive.
The Meadors Inn is also across the street, but I wouldn't suggest staying there.

BTW. I spoke with Kenny last week and checked on who's names were in the book.
Kenny writes in English about as well as he speaks it.
He has one name I'm not familiar with.
I sent a PM to check but haven't heard back.
As soon as I get a reply I'll know exactly who Kenny has booked.
Compared to who has stated they made reservations, I didn't see any problems.
Just the one in question I just mentioned.
But I'll post a list so everyone can see, and hopefully avoid any surprises upon arrival.

Just a few weeks away from leaving for Key West.:D
Then just a few weeks after that the SouthCentral Rally.
Shaping up to be a great Spring.:yep:

Be sure and get plenty of pics on the Key West trip, Dave.

oldbikers
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Mitch glad to hear everything went well just take it easy and follow the doctors instructions.
Dave I sure hope Kenny has everything in order

If y"all go to Natchez the first night I am going to try to meet you there so let me know if you are going that way.

jesse
03-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Mitch, take care and don't over do it.

I can hardly wait for the SCR, I drove by the hotel (Travelers Inn) you can't get any easier access to the hiway. Looks like a good spot.

Dave, lets get together before you take off to Key West so I can get the engine guard chaps to you, you may need them. I may have other items you'll be interested in.

markclark57
03-14-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm checking this rally out on the possibility that I get a financial miracle. Also, It's closer than Canmore, Alberta, Canada and I might not get to go on that one.

jmorrow
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm checking this rally out on the possibility that I get a financial miracle. Also, It's closer than Canmore, Alberta, Canada and I might not get to go on that one.

Hope you can attend, we'll look forward to meeting you.

markclark57
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
It would be a bit of a press. I would get home from Kanab on Friday and head back out on the following Monday. Do-able but barely and only if finances work by then. Get some of those "Bible Belt" prayer circles going for us and we should be just fine. :tup:

nightmare
03-14-2012, 08:57 PM

If you cant make this one we will be having our National Rally next year in Colorado

chainsaw
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Nightmare, I didn't know that. Where is that information?

nightmare
03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Nightmare, I didn't know that. Where is that information?

Information isnt out yet but Trip had talked about it here last year

Griz
03-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I made reservations yesterday with Kenny for 2 rooms. Debbie is planning on coming with me and we are bringing my friend Mike and his wife Darlene. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thanks to Dave and everyone else involved in putting this rally together.

Jim, we will have 2 bikes and 4 people.

oldbikers
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Looks like 44 people and 27 bike as of now :tup: :cheers:
but I am not sure if Griz is a person :lol:

Griz
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
I always appreciate your support Jim.:D

jesse
03-30-2012, 07:27 PM
This is getting better by the day!!! I'm ready now!

wanderer
03-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Jesse, what are you saving that Goldwing for? I put on 2024 miles on mine two weeks ago.

jesse
04-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Jesse, what are you saving that Goldwing for? I put on 2024 miles on mine two weeks ago.

To many irons in the fire for now. I hope to change that in the next couple of months.

dmyers
04-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Well it looks like I will be able to make it.(Things have been volatile at work for the last 2 weeks and wasn't sure if I would have any vacation time)
Does anyone know if there are still any rooms available at the motel for thursday and friday

BudMan
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
I believe several rooms are still available at the base motel.
All are smoking and upstairs.

dewey405
04-23-2012, 04:40 PM
I might make it out friday night, heading up to Eureka Springs saturday night for the OSR too.

oldbikers
04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Looking forward to meeting you dewey.

usranger74
04-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I have started planning my trip back from the SW Rally in Kanab. Looks like I have 6 days to get to SC Rally motel. I may meet up with the folks from Pittsburgh, KS if they are going down. I leave for Kanab on May 22 so I will be on the road for 20 days. On the way to the SC Rally motel I am thinking of dropping down into Northern NM, crossing the north tip of the TX panhandle and crossing OK into AR. If you have any suggestions on such a route, drop me a line.

How do I order a SC Rally t-shirt?

dewey405
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
http://vbastore.1freecart.com/c/94525/south-central-summer-rally.htm

Farmer522
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
I am working on trying to make it

oldbikers
04-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I am working on trying to make it

Hope you can make looking forward to seeing you.

dewey405
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
OK, got the wife's ok...just need to get a room for friday there and saturday in ES.

talon
04-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey Guys, I live in Van Buren and am looking forward to joining you all for the rides and showing you around if you want. We ride these roads all the time and it never gets old. I haven't had the money to make to any of the other rallys that the VBA or KawaNOW has put on. Glad that y'all are coming here. So I guess you can add two more members that are going to be there. See you in June.

T

oldbikers
04-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Talon glad to have y'all let me know what you & your wife's first names are so I can list them. Dewey send me the same info.

jesse
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Glad to see you can make it Russell. It'll be nice to see you again too, Paul. Heck it'll be nice to see all of you again!!

usranger74
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Glad to see you can make it Russell. It'll be nice to see you again too, Paul. Heck it'll be nice to see all of you again!!

Roger that:tup:

chainsaw
04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Look forward to meeting you.

paul
04-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Starting to work on the bike to make ready for the trip up. Looking forward to seeing the gang and some new faces. Kelli is excited, she's been telling all our friends about us going to the rally. See ya'll soon.

talon
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Oldbikers, our names are:
Heath and Lisa Cady
Looking forward to meeting you guys after reading and commenting on posts. It'll be nice to have one of the Vulcan groups here.

nomadrider
04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Paul still leaving on Tuesday?Looks like wife may not make it so I was planning on leaving early also .Any other houston riders going?

paul
04-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey, Mike! How do? Yeah, we are leaving Tuesday morning and taking our time. Thought perhaps I'd do the scenic route into Oklahoma, maybe spend the night in Antlers, then scenic route to the rally on Wednesday. Or something like that. Any and all Houston area riders speak up. Or Texas riders of like mind. Could do meet ups. Sorry to hear that the wife may not make it, Mike.

oldbikers
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Here is the new list

usranger74
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Latest count:p

Jim - I could not open you head count list.

chainsaw
04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Jim,
Should Brik and Misses count as two?

chainsaw
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Jim,
By the way, I am sending you out a box with some things for the grab bags or whatever you choose to call them. Should have it in the mail on Monday the 30th. Anyone else out there that have picked up some items, try to get them to Jim as soon as you can.
Chainsaw.

oldbikers
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Bill I don't know why you can't open it :hmm:

Al I fixed the rally count and thanks for the goodies :yep:

And Al is right if any one has any thing for the rally you can send it to:
Jim Hardin
107 East Lee Street
Sardis MS 38666 :D

dewey405
04-28-2012, 10:16 PM
BTW, my name is Dustin

oldbikers
04-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks Dusten :tup:

talon
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh, BTW Oldbikers, Lisa has her own bike (Vulcan 900 with Batwing and Bags), so the bike count for us is two. LOL

JSYK,
T

mobandy78
04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout. I'm still up in the air about going. That's the weekend of my birthday, so we'll probably have plans for Thursday and Friday. My only hope would be to ride over early Saturday morning and maybe meet some of you before you head home.

usranger74
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Jim

On big deal, but under my name is "guest Mike". My guest will be Jim, the same guy I came down to Antlers with.

oldbikers
05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Looks like you guys are going to have a great turnout. I'm still up in the air about going. That's the weekend of my birthday, so we'll probably have plans for Thursday and Friday. My only hope would be to ride over early Saturday morning and maybe meet some of you before you head home.

We won't be leaving until Sunday

oldbikers
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Jim,
By the way, I am sending you out a box with some things for the grab bags or whatever you choose to call them. Should have it in the mail on Monday the 30th. Anyone else out there that have picked up some items, try to get them to Jim as soon as you can.
Chainsaw.

Al I got the box thanks for the goodies now if we can just get some more people to come up with some.

chainsaw
05-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Your welcome. Come ladies and gentlemen, surely you can come up with something.

sacarriker
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
My wife and I will be there. Sounds like a good time. Look forward to meeting everyone.

sacarriker
05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
No more rooms boys. Is there another hotel?

sacarriker
05-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Paul still leaving on Tuesday?Looks like wife may not make it so I was planning on leaving early also .Any other houston riders going?

My wife and i are coming. Trying to find out if there is another hotel. The travel inn is not taking any more reservations.

petenomad
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
There's a list of nearby hotels on this thread.
http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27604

Also you might PM Chainsaw. I'm pretty sure he is staying at a hotel across the street.

chainsaw
05-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Try the Days Inn in Albin. It's six miles from the host motel. This is where we are staying.

BudMan
05-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Try the Days Inn in Albin. It's six miles from the host motel. This is where we are staying.

I believe you mean the Days Inn in Alma. It would be a good choice.
It's a straight shot down the highway from the base motel.

oldbikers
05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
My wife and I will be there. Sounds like a good time. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Let me know what y'all's first names are so I can put you on the list, looking forward to meeting you.

sacarriker
05-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Let me know what y'all's first names are so I can put you on the list, looking forward to meeting you.

Scott & Jude
I was able to get a reservation at the travelers inn this morning. That is where everyone is staying, right?

chainsaw
05-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Alma, that's it.

chainsaw
05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Don't forget to send that "stuff" your waiting to send to Jim so he has it in time for the rally.
"Stuff" you say? Yes the things you"ve been picking up from your dealers and local business. Men and women's would be greatly appreciated and it really doesn't have to be motorcycle related either. Come on, get it in the mail.

dewey405
05-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Darn, unfortunately I am not gonna make it. Got some other stuff on the fire that has to take precedence. I will hopefully still be making the fall one in Antlers.

oldbikers
05-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Dam Al are you lost already :lmao:

chainsaw
05-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Jim, not understanding your message?

oldbikers
05-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Al I thought you were lost I don't know where Albin is. :D

chainsaw
05-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Just seeing if you were paying attention.

dewey405
05-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Other than the KOA site are there any campgrounds nearby?

dewey405
05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
OK...so got my class schedule and it looks like I will be able to make it friday night-maybe sunday morning. I will be camping at the KOA since money is tight, but oh well.

oldbikers
05-24-2012, 07:03 AM
We have to new members coming Dennis & Chris Taylor, Father & son they both ride Nomads Welcome guys :tup:

Farmer522
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I was really trying to make it to this rally, but will be sitting on a combine for the next week in the wheat fields. Have fun all

BudMan
05-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I was really trying to make it to this rally, but will be sitting on a combine for the next week in the wheat fields. Have fun all

Wish you could make it.
Try to get to Antlers in the fall.

dewey405
05-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Motel 6 rooms reserved for the 8th and 9th, looking forward to meeting everyone!

BudMan
05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Glad you can make it Dustin.
What time do you think you will get there on the 8th?

dewey405
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Really depends on when I get out of class but I would expect around 7 pm...get checked in and head that way ~8...party's not going to be over is it? :)

BudMan
05-31-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm sure some of us will still be up and around :D :cheers:

mobandy78
06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm still trying to work things out for Saturday morning. Hopefully I can ride over for the day.

dewey405
06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Son of a.....front tooth crown broke off this am and only appt available for permanent replacement is next Friday at 3 pm, so at best I won't get there till around 11 pm Friday. I am going to have to call it here, too many things stacking up against me.

lw
06-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Frances and I will be there late Thursday night (early Friday morning?) She has to work Wed & Thurs for mandatory AP training to keep her cert. Fastest way for us will be to treat Lucille like a trailer queen and dash for it as soon as the Mrs. gets home.
Dear baby daughter will be staying home this trip to take care of her new puppy.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn across from the Base hotel

talon
06-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Glad to hear that folks are making it in ok. My wife and I will be busy with work for most of today, but should be able to hook up with yall this evening or in the morning for the ride. Wish I could be available today, but work calls. :) Talk to you after while.

T

dmyers
06-07-2012, 09:00 PM
some photos from the first day

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-kSJwn7NDSJ4/T9FGdDE7VRI/AAAAAAAAEHY/1mTKWap78jo/s1440/DSC09678.JPG
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HMz9JCOl1ds/T9FG0IDSU1I/AAAAAAAAEHw/uzWMexAAG_c/s912/DSC09681.JPG
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qv-K3z5PUC8/T9FHZvyb2yI/AAAAAAAAEIg/sY-qoGcgQdc/s912/DSC09687.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3K3iUe2dDFs/T9FJq1SYCmI/AAAAAAAAEL4/3SATd-Omsyk/s912/DSC09724.JPG

mobandy78
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Looks like you guys are having a great time so far!

oldbikers
06-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the pictures Don it was great meeting you.

nomadrider
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Did anyone else get overcharged ?For 4 nights my bill was over $190.00 for 1 person .Doing the math it should have less than that.

BudMan
06-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Did anyone else get overcharged ?For 4 nights my bill was over $190.00 for 1 person .Doing the math it should have less than that.

I knew this would come up. I asked the same thing at check out.
Kenny was well aware of my feelings about it.
I believe this was a communication problem between me and Kenny.
When Kenny told me "No Tax" I took that to mean tax included.
I asked him if that is what he meant and of course he nodded and said yes.
Obviously the price was not tax included.
I was the last one to check out and was unaware what was happening.
There is nothing I can do after the fact.
Mike I know you left before I got up, but I wish someone
would have brought this to my attention at the time.
It would have been corrected.
As I told Kenny, this puts me in a very uncomfortable position.
My apology isn't worth the $20 or so you and everyone else are out.
But you have it anyway.

nomadrider
06-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Don't worry about it Dave.It was still a decent rate.Thanks for all the hard work.I called kenny about a cell phone charger I had left in the room but he said he did not find anything so I left it at that.

usranger74
06-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I paid the same as Mike but no big deal. Room was very good, rides were great and times were excellent.:tup:

billmac
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
@ Mike, don't blame you for asking. But you won all those prizes so more money was needed. :)

Dave, you really put a lot into this rally and it showed. Who knew motel communication would be such an issue. I talked to Kenny twice and I was confused both times.

BTW, the host motel was cheaper than the other places we checked. The Super 8 was $240 and the Best Western over $300.