PDA

View Full Version : Risers for Vaq, info for you all..

Grump
12-03-2011, 08:20 PM
I bought the scootworks 4 inch gloss black risers and installed them. I took them off after a couple of weeks, too much "rise" for my taste.

I am pleased to report that I had some old Accutronix fat risers, 1.5" laying around. These risers have the top plate that connects both risers together. Apparently the riser hole spacing is compatible with HD standard, so, anything from HD, Custom Chrome, JP, etc will probably work on your Vaq.

Thats my story...

jestephens
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow, thanks for the info! I love when we find things like this!

tomahawk
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I bought the scootworks 4 inch gloss black risers and installed them. I took them off after a couple of weeks, too much "rise" for my taste.

I am pleased to report that I had some old Accutronix fat risers, 1.5" laying around. These risers have the top plate that connects both risers together. Apparently the riser hole spacing is compatible with HD standard, so, anything from HD, Custom Chrome, JP, etc will probably work on your Vaq.

Thats my story...
Hi Grump ? Iwill be installing these on my Vaquero next week. 2X2 2up 2 back .What will I have to move ,and how . Like brake line or maybe cables? Do I have to disconnect anything? INFO Thanks

Grump
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Grump ? Iwill be installing these on my Vaquero next week. 2X2 2up 2 back .What will I have to move ,and how . Like brake line or maybe cables? Do I have to disconnect anything? INFO Thanks

I ended up having to buy new brake lines. I was able to move the wires around so there was no stress on em, same with clutch. Stock brake lines were like 2 inches too short, had to undo the line assy from the attach point for the bracket which is located at the lower triple clamp (I just let it hang out there for a couple of weeks till I got my new lines).

You will need to undo your brake lines to move stuff around. Don't worry. Go to the dealer and buy a 10 pack of the 10mm crush washers and a bottle of brake fluid.

After you get the old lines where you want them, hook the lines back up using new crush washers, top off the reservoir. Bleeding the brakes is easy! Bleed the left first (you'll need a friend to help) then the right, topping off the fluid as required. It took longer to figure out where to route the lines than it did to bleed the brakes.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out. :-)

tomahawk
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
The INFO was very helpful. Thanks

Grump
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
The INFO was very helpful. Thanks

NP, Tomahawk. If you want I can send ya pics and specs for the Russel brake line set up I used. PM me if you want that info.

puttz
03-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Being such a short person, I had the Phat Risers put on my voyager. The 2" rise with 2" pull back is perfect for my ride. Now I can really relax against the backrest comfortably with a nice little bend at the elbows. Don't know if that helps you out at all, but it made a huge difference for me.

sho_greg
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B002GTMF7E/ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&img=0

Just ordered those from Amazon.. havent installed... 1.5" pull back.. $24.99