PDA

View Full Version : Slip ons & shield on way for the Vaquero

toy4bob
11-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Bought the V&H twin slash and the Baggershield 8-12.5"shield.

Love the looks and sound (although limited youtubes out there) of the V&H. I really went back and forth on the shield decision but really like the thought of the 8 around town and flipping to 12.5 when hit the highway. We will see....I am hoping to be able to hear the radio above 50 with a half helmet on.

It has been cold enough since I bought the bike that I have been riding with full face, and not really feeling major buffeting. But tried riding once with the half helmet and the wind noise around my ears above 45 almost made my ears hurt, and forget hearing the stereo. In the summer, I only will wear the half, so will do whatever height have to to be comfortable, but want that to be ashort as possible!

Oh, and another very minor mod I did... took off the rear pegs, as they will never be used and looks cleaner without them. Will be installing aux lights this weekend.... gonna be a long winter :(

racinfan101
11-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Have fun with the mods!

MickeyT
11-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Hey Bob let me tell ya, the 12" shield is amazing, im 5'8 and it keeps the wind outta your face and ears 100%.

Monkeyman
11-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I took the passenger floor boards off my Nomad. Just doesn't look right with no passenger seat and pegs/boards. :)

toy4bob
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM
MickeyT, yes, I am really anxious to try out the 8 - 12.5 shield (but I am 6'), but probably wont be until spring now... :(

Monkeyman, definitely in your case they needed to come off with your solo seat. I figure if I ever do get in a pinch and some hot chick needs a ride, she can always put her feet on the crash bars, and of course I would strongly recommend she hold on tight! In case you didn't realize, the Vaq bars are horizontal...

Monkeyman
11-29-2011, 12:28 AM
I noticed that the Vaquero bars go the wrong way. :) I still wouldn't let anyone put their feet on them but I'm kinda picky that way. You remember that photo shoot with Danica Patrick all over the hood, etc of that hot rod? Now, I'd be the first to bend her over and...doesn't matter....if she sat on my car, I'd tell her to get off.