PDA

View Full Version : Vaquero risers

chapmast
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Has anyone put risers on there Vaquero handlebars? Looking to push my bars back some and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with finding a black riser and if there is any problems with the dash using them.

azcruizer
10-20-2011, 03:38 PM
A friend of mine put risers on his Vaquero and they fit just fine. He got his from Scootworks I believe.

jp58
10-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I have the scootworks Phat risers and vaquero handlebars on my nomad. perfect reach. I think they make them in black also. Did not even have to change hoses or cables.

chapmast
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I appreciate the response. Scootworks has a pair of black risers for the Vaquero that look perfect for what I want. Another winter project!

Stuart

Grump
11-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I just installed my black SW risers Friday. First of all, the SW black riser has quality problems: 1) finish was uneven, build-ups and runs in places 2) Adapter studs were very rough, I had to 'chase the threads' a couple of times 3) Brake cable length can be an issue, mine were short, had to re-route the main branch (resulting in needing to bleed the brakes) and I will need to order new brakelines from an aftermarket supplier.

After all is said and done, the riding position is much better, and I sit more upright, as opposed to being hunched forward. The handling seems much better for me, as the bars are closer. The stock bars work just great with risers, for a short (5'6") person.

Monkeyman
11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't have a Vaquero but in the future, you might want to ask chuckster if he does/can make some. He's a machinist and seems to make everything else. :)

cactusjack
11-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't have a Vaquero but in the future, you might want to ask chuckster if he does/can make some. He's a machinist and seems to make everything else. :)

The risers Joe Norris (Chuckster) makes are really just spacers. They fit between the stock risers and the triple tree. They are nice items, but not quite the same thing as the OP is asking about. I don't know how you would machine risers with an offset, they are probably cast that way, as done in a foundry.

ponch
11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
From Scootworks:

CNC machined from T6 6061 billet, and hand micro-polished to a beautiful mirror finish by local craftsmen for Scootworks. Our POLISHED risers w ill _NEVER_ blister, peel, or rust (one of the benefits of polished billet)...we guarantee it!!! All hardware is included to mount the risers to your bike, and to attach the handlebars. CAD designed, FEPro tested, and CNC machined from T6 (6061) billet to Scootworks' strict specifications, specially designed to work with entire Vulcan motorcycle family. A beautifully simple design, yet extremely robust...weighing in at over 1.35 pounds each. We even supply samples of the premium polish for billet on the planet....Luster Pad! Starting at $104.95, these heavy-duty custom built billet risers, hardware, and polish are the best deal on the planet!