PDA

View Full Version : Very graphic wreck-Snatched off VROC, by DUFU

dantama
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM
A couple of seconds after the guy gets hit, I might stop watching http://s2.images.proboards.com/shocked.gif http://s2.images.proboards.com/angry.gif:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> :-[

Here's Dufu's words, word for word:

If you view the video and get angry at me, you are a bozo for not listening
to my warnings... It is VERY graphic but shows what can happen if you don't
pay attention and some idiot behind you does the same.

Be aware of your surroundings...

Content of this video is GRAPHIC!!! Be warned... Can't say it enough...

This is a rather intense piece of video footage. Guy on a cycle turns into
a smear in the street...... Warning... Okay. Get it?!?

http://share.youthwant.com.tw/sh.php?id=23003335

02-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Thats why you should ride a bike that actually does something when you twist the throttle. So you can get the hell out of the way. I showed it to my 3 year old to show him what will happen if he doesn't look out for cars.

ianicky
02-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Wow thats not nice viewing :(

dantama
02-02-2008, 02:02 PM
So what went wrong there?

What should have been done different?

ells
02-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I wonder if the guy heard the truck coming? I suspect he was looking to the left lane where he was turning. Ears are the second best sensor for situational awareness.

02-02-2008, 02:40 PM
That truck just plain ran over him. I don't think the scooter did anything wrong other than being in front of the truck. Hell, he might have pissed the truck driver off earlier for all we know.

unwind2
02-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Geeezzzz. :'( :'(

dantama
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I think that there is no doubt that the truck driver wasn't paying enough attention, but the cyclist looked like he was headed for the other lane, then slowed his lateral movement.

The truck may have been distracted, and assumed that the bike was keeping it's trajectory and by the time he caught up, the bike would have cleared the lane.

Obviously that didn't happen, and the bike got creamed.

There was a completely empty lane that the bike could have scooted into if it had seen the truck bearing down on it.

02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm sick.

dui546
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
I like the video evidence. That is the absolute perfect witness for crash reconstruction. However, it is terrible video for his family to see.

ringadingh
02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
It seems the truck was traveling a little fast and was going to go straight through, the biker wasn't paying attention to his surroundings and was making a lazy, slow lanechange to follow the curve. He should have been on the ball and hit the gas. It looks like the truck tried to change lanes but ducked back when the scooter started towards the left lane. Bottom line is the truckdriver isn't dead. Even if the scooter rider is right he picked the wrong vehicle to mess with.

blowndodge
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
the motorcyclist was too low in the drivers view. In other words I think the drivers view downward was blocked by the height of his truck. Probably can't see anything that is within 10 feet in front of him.

watchman
02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Man that is terrible. Just glad not to be there in person.

dakals
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! STUPID EFFING DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!

ds06nomad
02-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Seems like no one really keeps their lane wherever this was filmed. Notice the cars/trucks at the beginning all over the lanes. I think the truck driver was definitely at fault though. Scooter driver seemed to just be toolin' along minding his own.

Idaho
02-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Go back and watch the video carefully using pause and play. The bike is in the right hand lane and the truck is overtaking him. It does not look like the bike knows that the truck is there. The truck starts to drift into the left lane to pass as the bike also moves into the left lane, probably to go around the corner. The truck brakes back to the right and hits the bike. Looks to me like the truck was at fault. He was pushing it past the bike without enough clearance.

flightdoc
02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
I'd say there are a couple of BIG mistakes here.
1. The scooter was traveling along side the road. If his intention was to turn left he should've have been in the turn lane long before he made that attempt.
2. The scooter should have been in the left portion of his lane to begin with.
3. The truck appeared to be traveling to close to the scooter and going too fast.

Remmeber lane position is always an important decision. I've seen bikers intimidated by tailgaters, on the highway, to move to the right portion of their lane and then the auto forces their way next to the bike leaving the biker nowhere to go if he needs to.

Good video for learning but gross as hell.

04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
You have to be aware of what is in front,to the left,to the right and to the REARRRRRRRRR at all times.Don't be a road Pizza STAY FOCUSED.