PDA

View Full Version : Vaquero V&H slip ons

Grump
10-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Got a line on a new pair for 360, plus 20 for ship.

My question is; will I need to have my Vaq re-mapped for just a pipe change? Also, do you think my Vaq will run cooler with the V&H's?

Thanks for your feedback!

cactusjack
10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Got a line on a new pair for 360, plus 20 for ship.

My question is; will I need to have my Vaq re-mapped for just a pipe change? Also, do you think my Vaq will run cooler with the V&H's?

Thanks for your feedback!

If all you're doing is changing the mufflers, you shouldn't need anything remapped. Now if you were changing the intake as well, then yes. I doubt mufflers would make much difference in how hot the Vaquero runs.

replay13
10-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Sounds good, I got my V&H slip-ons from More Power Racing for $365 and free shipping. They was on my door step a couple days later. They went on pretty easy and the fit was perfect. The old muffler gaskets stayed in the head pipes, so just slipped off the old mufflers and slipped on the V&H.

For now I just have the slip-ons and no fuel processor and it runs fine. Actually I feel it might have a little more torque, but thats just my opinion no Dyno... but I'm sure I'm getting at least 1 mpg better with just the slip-ons and I wasn't expecting that. Anyways it has a lot better sound! No temp gauge on my Nomad so I couldn't say if it ran any cooler or not.

I have a Cobra PowerPro auto tuner and a Thunder air kit on my list to santa.
James

jestephens
10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
CJ, All I've done so far is modify the stock exhaust and my Vaq. runs much cooler, more power, and better mileage. I'm sure slip ons will help ;0)

-I based running "cooler" on how often I notice the fan running -

tomahawk
10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Hay Jet, What mods did you do ? Did you read your hand book ? It may void the warrenty. Another Vaquero owner.

mweaver
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Putting V&H slipo-ons on your bike will lean the mixture and cause popping and backfiring. It will also cause chrome pipes to discolor and eventually long term damage.
The pipes, K&N air intake and the Power Commander V will produce a net increase of about 10 h.p. It is definitely noticeable on my 2011 Nomad even with the baffles left in.

Mike

Z-horse
05-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Added V&H slip ons and a fuelpak. Definitely more power and runs a LOT cooler than before the mods. Considering a K&N filter to finish the deal.

Devin W
05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Added V&H slip ons and a fuelpak. Definitely more power and runs a LOT cooler than before the mods. Considering a K&N filter to finish the deal.

Hey Z-horse, curious what bike you have. I saw the fuelpak, but didn't see any availability for my Vaquero. I didn't pursue it any further and was wondering if that might be an option after reading your post.

Robert Fox
05-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Putting V&H slipo-ons on your bike will lean the mixture and cause popping and backfiring. It will also cause chrome pipes to discolor and eventually long term damage.
The pipes, K&N air intake and the Power Commander V will produce a net increase of about 10 h.p. It is definitely noticeable on my 2011 Nomad even with the baffles left in.

Mike

they will not make it run leaner nor will they turn the pipes blue. they are already way lean from the factory. the reason for the popping on decel is kawi's fresh air hose under the tank. plug that up and decel will greatly reduce. i have them on my vaquero with a thunder air tornado kit. as a matter of fact the directions for the thunder kit comes with a plug to seal the hose.

Robert Fox
05-31-2012, 05:10 PM
no remapping needed. i have a set on my vaquero and love them. as far as the temp goes i switched to amsoil after first oil change and it seems to help it run cooler. i now have 7500 on the clock and my temp gauge rarley gets over half way. now in stop and go traffic it will rise a little bit but rarely does the fan kick on. IMO if your fan stays on alot your not riding your sitting.

gwbates3
08-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Anyone have a pic of the ait tube?
I just did the K&N and had the VnH and am getting the deceleration popping.
Thx
G-

DarkStar
08-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone have a pic of the ait tube?
I just did the K&N and had the VnH and am getting the deceleration popping.
Thx
G-

Consider the PCV in addition to blocking the AIS to really do the job properly, but the part number is 92192A, block it off at the right side dog bowl...

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/home.aspx?aribrand=KUS#/Kawasaki/VN1700JBF_Vulcan_1700_Vaquero_%282011%29/AIR_CLEANER/VN1700JBF-2011/I17I1715E1130

Edited to add: Just to help clarify, remove the throttle side air cover and you'll see the AIS hose is taking its air from the upper left side in the box, you can block it off there with a rubber plug.