PDA

View Full Version : 2012 N.E. Rally Motel Rooms

fish
09-12-2011, 07:02 PM
ATTENTION!! hold off with making your reservation until the next update! We have a glitch to clear up tomorrow. Thanks

Bull Durham
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Are you going to post on this same thread once fixed? I see there are a couple of posts on NE region for 2012 rally.

cnc
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Are you going to post on this same thread once fixed? I see there are a couple of posts on NE region for 2012 rally.

Same thread or a new one titled something like new hotel arragements will be my guess.

fish
09-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Same thread or a new one titled something like new hotel arragements will be my guess.

Just what Norm said or an UPDATE on original thread.

Norm you have a PM

Bull Durham
09-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Isn't this the original thread? I hear that part of PA is really pretty. Isn't that what they call the Grand Canyon area of PA? Was looking at a website of that a few weeks ago, very nice area.

cnc
09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Isn't this the original thread? I hear that part of PA is really pretty. Isn't that what they call the Grand Canyon area of PA? Was looking at a website of that a few weeks ago, very nice area.

This is not the original thread on the rally discussions, nor the hotel. This was to announce that Lloyd had made arrangements with the hotel and in a new thread to make sure everyone saw it. Unfortunately there is now a snag that we hope to fix over the next few days.
I have not been to this area before, but I am much looking forward to it. I know they call it the P.A Wilds.

cnc
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
OK guys we have had a little set back with the hotel arrangements. The hotel we settled on, The Canyon in Wellsboro will not respect the price first quoted of $65, the price is $75 for a room with one Queen, and $76.50 for a room with two doubles.

We have looked at other arrangements and came up with a cheaper hotel in another town, The rooms start at $50 and is a lesser hotel.
Problem is that hotel will not book or know if the prices will be the same till January.
This is a popular area and if we wait we could get shut out.
There is a third hotel in Wellsboro that is very nice and extremely popular. At this time they only has 15 rooms vacant spread out in their complex. Prices are in the $80+ range.
What do you want to do?
Stick with the Canyon
Wait and hope we don't get shut at hotel #2 that is cheaper
Try and get the rooms blocked at hotel #3 which is more expensive.
Please respond with your choice and we will go with the majority.

Thanks,
Norm

Loafer
09-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure that I will be able to make the rally, but it seems that $75 for the Canyon isn't that bad. Now I will drift back to my corner. ;)

Top Cat
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
As I said in another thread, it is once a year.
Stick with the original motel.
You may want to make this thread a poll.

vulcanguy
09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Well, stick with the Canyon, at least we would have a place.
Looking 4ward to meet up no matter where it is :)
Thanks Norm
Cheers

Blueraven
09-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I am fine with the Canyon. I have booked there and OK with the price of $75. Thats not bad. I think it was a little less in MV but that is in a different state.

onesherpa
09-15-2011, 08:50 PM
How can we trust their new quote when they wouldn't honor their first quote?

Top Cat
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM

That is a good question and one Larry may want to ask before we commit.

Loafer
09-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Get the quote in writing... ;)

cnc
09-16-2011, 07:21 AM

That is a good question and one Larry may want to ask before we commit.

I did have that very conversation with them yesterday. While I could not clear up what went wrong with the first quote or who gave it, I did get an apology for any misunderstanding and was told once a reservation was made they would honor the price even if they have a price increase for next year. I was told that there are never any discounts in peak season, but what they are offering for our group is the regular price minus the AAA discount which will apply to all our group regardless of if they are a member of AAA.

oldbones
09-17-2011, 09:16 AM
We agree with T.C., It's a once a year thing. We will go with the flow. We have learned not
to be to picky and run out of time.

onesherpa
09-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Canyon is good with me. Also agree that we should decide early and book so we have a place.

cnc
09-23-2011, 04:44 PM
OK We received enough responses and the Canyon is now the official motel for the Eastern Canada/ North Eastern U.S. Below is what I have received from the Canyon. I suggest that you book early as this is a popular place and we could not block off rooms. I have added in bold the availabilty as of today Sept 23 2011. Cots are available for any room, I believe the cost is $10 extra.

KIM is the lady I have been speaking with. Do mention you are with the KAWANOW group when you call.

Monday July, 16 2012 to Friday July 20, 2012
Type of room
Rate
Non smoking rooms
1 King bed jacuzzi 3 available
$ 89.10
1 queen bed 11 available
$ 75.00
House Suite - 2 queen beds 2 available
$ 89.10
Smoking rooms
1 queen bed unsure
$ 75.00
2 double beds 2 available
$ 76.50

Looking forward to see you. Please remember cots are first come first serve. Thank you. Canyon Motel
--
The Canyon Motel
18 East Avenue
Wellsboro, PA 16901
(570) 724-1681

Top Cat
09-23-2011, 07:41 PM
As of now Cindy and I are in room #112

oldbones
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Patience and I have booked rooms also. Room #111

Blueraven
09-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I have booked and in room 129

Top Cat
09-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Patience and I have booked rooms also. Room #111

Oh Boy, can you imagine it Steve, Cindy and Patience staying that close together for 4 days.

cnc
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
:DI am booked, but no definate room number. I just don't get any respect I tell ya.:shrug:
BY the way Tim I like your avatar, you were quite handsome back then.:D

Top Cat
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM
:DI am booked, but no definate room number. I just don't get any respect I tell ya.:shrug:
BY the way Tim I like your avatar, you were quite handsome back then.:D

Norm, you have to ask what room you are in.
Thanks but that is a pic of my Dad on his 1920 something Indian.
And what do you mean quite handsome BACK THEN

blowndodge
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious Tim!!!! :wtf:

Top Cat
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious Tim!!!! :wtf:

Hey, I was talkin' to Norm.>:(;)

blowndodge
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
and looking mighty ugly while your doing that!! :wave:

cnc
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Norm, you have to ask what room you are in.
Thanks but that is a pic of my Dad on his 1920 something Indian.
And what do you mean quite handsome BACK THEN

Cool Pic Tim, Just messing with you, but I do like when BD rushes in, kinda redirects this little guy>:( in a different dirction.:D It's no big deal on the room #. As that type of room is popular with long term clients (workers) they prefer not to asign me a # now and maybe have to shift one of those clients for my 4 day stay. The room is reserved though and if something goes wrong, I'll be sleeping on your doorstep Tim.:zzz: Just don't trip on me on the way out please.:wave:

highwayman2011
10-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Is there a thread that states the Date and Place of this Rally? Sorry but it's not too clear to me.

Top Cat
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Is there a thread that states the Date and Place of this Rally? Sorry but it's not too clear to me.

Go here. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22784

It is in there some place but incase you can't find it the North East Regional is going to be in Wellsboro PA on the July 16th to the 20th.
If you plan on going I would make a reservation as soon as possible.
The motel is the Canyon Motel.
Some one will probably jump in here with the contact info.

fish
10-07-2011, 08:10 PM
with the switching over to this board thing got lost in the shuffle.

OK We received enough responses and the Canyon is now the official motel for the Eastern Canada/ North Eastern U.S. Below is what I have received from the Canyon. I suggest that you book early as this is a popular place and we could not block off rooms. I have added in bold the availabilty as of today Sept 23 2011. Cots are available for any room, I believe the cost is $10 extra.

KIM is the lady I have been speaking with. Do mention you are with the KAWANOW group when you call.

Monday July, 16 2012 to Friday July 20, 2012
Type of room
Rate
Non smoking rooms
1 King bed jacuzzi 3 available
$ 89.10
1 queen bed 11 available
$ 75.00
House Suite - 2 queen beds 2 available
$ 89.10
Smoking rooms
1 queen bed unsure
$ 75.00
2 double beds 2 available
$ 76.50

Looking forward to see you. Please remember cots are first come first serve. Thank you. Canyon Motel
--
The Canyon Motel
18 East Avenue
Wellsboro, PA 16901
(570) 724-1681

highwayman2011
10-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks I had a hard time following the conversation.

Top Cat
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Trust me, that is NOT the last time that is going to happen around here.:D

oldbones
10-09-2011, 06:18 PM
TC, Patience say you better plan on some late nights!!

Top Cat
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
TC, Patience say you better plan on some late nights!!

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif I can handle it if you can Steve.
It is only once a year. We must let the girls have their fun. ;)

cnc
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Sorry for any confusion, as fish mention things got a little dis- jointed in the move to the new forum. here is a little more info that seems to have gone mising, or hard to find.
The final date and Place for the Eastern Canada / North Eastern U.S rally is as proposed. In case you missed it here it is again.

Wellsboro P.A July 17th-19th 2012
This is the base motel we will book up.
http://www.canyonmotels.com/amenities.html (http://www.canyonmotels.com/amenities.html)
Check in Monday July 16Th with 2 days of riding and 1 day of socializing and checkout Friday Morning.

trosco
10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
All, made my reservation today. Am looking forward to riding PA. Been there couple times for the Corvette stuff but never got to explore.
Talked to Kim at the Canyon. Got a 2Q bed room, on the hall, Non Smoking, check in Monday the 16th from 2-9PM and check out Fri by 11AM. It's $76.50 plus tax per night.

I think the organizers will need to formally verify what I am going to say now and I am only passing this along on a "you need to verify this yourself before you take it as fact basis".
To avoid a problem like what came up at Maggie Valley when people wanted to cancel and they were suprised by the cancelation policy where some had to pay for a full day and others had to pay a fee; I asked Kim what their cancelation policy was. She said that she hadn't formally discussed the matter with her manager but that they were handling our group like a wedding because of it's size. So they required a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel with out penalty. She said if you cancel less than 30 days in advance the person would be charged for any days they could not rent the room. She did say that it was a busy time and usually if they had a weeks notice they could get the room rented but... if not you pay for what ever days it's empty.
I am fine with that but I though I would pass it along for what it is worth. I will also consider sharing the room with someone so if you are interested let me know! PM me or email me direct at trosschess@hotmail.com
See ya
T Ross

cnc
10-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Ross, Yes Kim told me there was a 30 day cancellation policy, which seems fair enough. I did not pass this along as I assumed she was explaining this to everyone when they reserved, perhaps not, so good that you brought it up.

Look forward to seeing you there.
Norm

caper
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok I am booked in for the Rally. Yeah I Know.....but things change. I will be bringing my wife Darlene so be good Guys No pranks in MY ROOM hahahaha Had to bring Darlene to be safe(Norm and Guy ) hahahahahahha

cnc
11-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok I am booked in for the Rally. Yeah I Know.....but things change. I will be bringing my wife Darlene so be good Guys No pranks in MY ROOM hahahaha Had to bring Darlene to be safe(Norm and Guy ) hahahahahahha

That's great news Donnie, I knew you missed us already.

fish
11-04-2011, 08:42 PM
:tup: Donnie, I have you and Darlene entered under reservations confirmed:tup:

caper
11-09-2011, 07:36 PM
OK Thank You

davidjmurphy
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I am considering booking a room,however the 30 cancelation policy is an issue for me.Their website states they have a 24 hr.cancelation policy? AS I go to sea and at times I have had .my trips extended and have missed numerous events over the years including 2 rallies and my planned vaction in August. I guess I better decide in the next day or so.

davidjmurphy
12-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I'am booked in for the rally finally.

cnc
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Because they are giving us a bit of a break on rooms in their peak season, they are treating us as a wedding group. For that they request a 30 day cancellation policy. Look forward to meeting you David, hope nothing gets in the way for you.

davidjmurphy
12-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks Norm hope to meet everyone.

Loafer
12-18-2011, 08:03 AM
If someone needs to cancel, send me a PM. If I can pick it up at the time I will.

Northern Dancer
03-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I just had Vulcanguy tell me about this Rally and after reading up on it I may just try to make it. Only thing is my wife works full time and has her Vacation booked for July 21 to Aug 6, 2012.

So this means I would have to go solo and it would be a last minute decision -- should I go I would need to bunk or share a room with someone. would this be a possibility?

Northern Dancer,

Ron

cnc
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Would be great if you could attend Ron. There is often some last minute changes in peoples plans, cancellation of a room or some one looking for a room mate at the last minute. I suggest you go to the Canada East board. We have a thread set up in the 2012 rally for people looking to share a room that you might want to keep an eye on and see what pops up.

fish
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Maybe Ron & Gerry could bunk:shrug:

Northern Dancer
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Would be great if you could attend Ron. There is often some last minute changes in peoples plans, cancellation of a room or some one looking for a room mate at the last minute. I suggest you go to the Canada East board. We have a thread set up in the 2012 rally for people looking to share a room that you might want to keep an eye on and see what pops up.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks Norm,

That is a good idea, that is to keep an eye on what pops up -- since my wife isn't coming I could also pack a Tent and go down anyway and if something didn't open up then I would be out of the rain.

As yet even though I am self employed I have a lot of Client's and small Business's that I do Computer work for and would need a Backup Tech to take care of things when I am gone.

I will not know till mid July how things are shaping up.

Northern Dancer,

Ron

Loafer
03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
If I can go, I have plans to bunk with davidjmurphy, we have invited Radco to bunk with us. All three of us are a maybe, time will tell. Having another stand by would be up to David as the room is in his name. Send him a message.

fish
04-22-2012, 06:13 PM
FYI more motel new, There is parking for trailers

fish
05-07-2012, 12:55 PM
If you call the Canyon Motel for a reservation and they say that they are full you can call the Sherwood Motel at 1-800-626-5802 Location is about three blocks from the canyon. They will hold rooms for us up until 6-16-2012

beezer
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Is this party still on? I asked for the time off Mon-Thursday. Back to work on Friday.

beezer
05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
anyone need a roomate Mon-Tue-Wed nights?

Top Cat
05-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Is this party still on? I asked for the time off Mon-Thursday. Back to work on Friday.

anyone need a roommate Mon-Tue-Wed nights?

Of course the party is still on.
I'm sure someone will jump in with a room you can stay in.

Loafer
05-29-2012, 10:22 PM
David Murphy might be looking for a roomy or some one to take his room.

beezer
05-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Why isn't Steve and Al going?

ringadingh
05-30-2012, 09:46 AM
The rally is on weekdays, and Al and I don't have enough vacation time set aside to take that much time off.

beezer
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Well who's idea was that? Probably someone thats retired. It would have been nice to see you guys and bring my girl along as well. I'll be on another rally from Thursday until Sunday. Then going home and drop her off, get fresh clothes, and head up to Potter on Monday for 4 days. Should be a fun week :)

ringadingh
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
A couple of us are talking about going to WV or Kentucky in Aug, 4-12th thats a long weekend here, so we get an extra day off. Your welcome to join us then, but were still ironing out some details.

Top Cat
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Don't let Steve kid you Beez, that vacation time is just a cover story.
He caused so much trouble at the National we told him he was banned from the Regional this year as punishment. Al said if Steve wasn't allowed he wasn't going to go either. http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/ornwink.gif

davidjmurphy
05-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Due to health issues my wife needs surgery .Not knowing if additional treatment is required after surgery at this point. So it looks I can't make the rally. I have a room booked with 2 double beds if anyone is interested,If so send me a pm . I'm off to sea tomorrow for several days.

Blueraven
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
A couple of us are talking about going to WV or Kentucky in Aug, 4-12th thats a long weekend here, so we get an extra day off. Your welcome to join us then, but were still ironing out some details.

I might be interested! Keep me informed?

beezer
05-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Due to health issues my wife needs surgery .Not knowing if additional treatment is required after surgery at this point. So it looks I can't make the rally. I have a room booked with 2 double beds if anyone is interested,If so send me a pm . I'm off to sea tomorrow for several days.

PM sent

beezer
05-30-2012, 08:51 PM
I just confirmed with The Canyon and have David's room in my name now. Worked out good. Looking forward to seeing almost everybody again. Going to miss Steve and Al and Ole Dawg though.

ringadingh
05-30-2012, 09:21 PM
We'll just have to do a trip some other weekend Bob.

sly
05-31-2012, 07:08 AM
The rally is on weekdays, and Al and I don't have enough vacation time set aside to take that much time off.

Do like everyone else does...... book sick!!!! I'll write you a note... Ain't goin' to be the same :(

sly
05-31-2012, 07:10 AM
I just confirmed with The Canyon and have David's room in my name now. Worked out good. Looking forward to seeing almost everybody again. Going to miss Steve and Al and Ole Dawg though.

Cool!!! see ya there beezer

ringadingh
05-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Do like everyone else does...... book sick!!!! I'll write you a note... Ain't goin' to be the same :(
One or two days are no problem, booking off a week is pushing it.