PDA

View Full Version : HD fairing on the Nomad

chuckster131
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm in the process of mounting a HD fairing to my Nomad with Lee Sido's brackets. Does anyone have any other pointers or pics they want to share. I would appricate any other idea's you fellow riders have on this.

Thanks

09-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I dont know much about this but would love to learn what you have done and where you got your stuff and a final pic of what it looks like on your NAD?? IM me if you want but I want to do the same thing to my bike and dont want to relaern the wheel when somebody has already doen it...

dragon57
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I did mine myself; made my own brackets, and all. The main thing is, you'll probably need set back risers to keep inner fairing from rubbing. Also, if using a non-harley stereo, you'll need a mounting bezel, or else make one. I used a marine am/fm/cd, with 200 watts, 4 speakers, you can mount 3 1/2" marine speakers where the harley speedo and tach went. Hope this helps some.Here's a link for mounting bezel, etc. they have excellent speakers, etc, but pricey.
http://hawg-wired.com/

09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey sounds good thanks...

dragon57
09-06-2007, 03:34 PM
you can check out a few pics of my ride before and after, on VROC profile, member # 20225, or email me direct for pics. I'll be leaving friday evening for 10 days, so, I'l be away from my 'puter for a while.

chuckster131
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Well I have the inner and outer allready and will have Lee Sido brackets as soon as I get to the ESVROC rally in 13days. I purchased a 160watt Jensen marine cd stereo and Polk audio speakers. Getting all the pieces now and will have ot mounted by the end of September and send it out for paint after that.
Just was posting to see what thoughts were out there for other members that might have done this install allready, to maybe give me pointers.