PDA

View Full Version : Regional Rally 2012

cnc
06-26-2011, 08:12 PM
As most of you know Regional rallies are held in the off year from the National.
At this years National Larry "AKA" Fish, leader of the (U.S) North East Region and I disscussed the idea of having a joint North East, Eastern Canada Rally. The rational being that many folks might be interested in attending both our separate rallies, but money and time commitment might be an issue and so the thought of having one larger joint one came up. A central location to all some where in the U.S would be the likely location. Given the cheaper gas, cheaper accommodations and nicer roads this seems like a plus to all. Discussions have already begun on the North East board here:
http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=22903

I invite you to participate and let us know what you think.

ringadingh
06-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Everything you stated is why I have always participated in the N/E rally's. I can't see anyone wanting to pay $24.00 for a fillup and the higher lodging and restaurants when there is such a good alternative south of the border.
Although one year we should do the Cabot Trail.

caper
06-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Norm, I will be there!!!With the heat disconnected in my room:)

cnc
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Everything you stated is why I have always participated in the N/E rally's. I can't see anyone wanting to pay $24.00 for a fillup and the higher lodging and restaurants when there is such a good alternative south of the border.
Although one year we should do the Cabot Trail.

Yup, Cabot trail. Only fair that Donnie has the shortest trip to a rally once and a while. http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

cnc
06-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Norm, I will be there!!!With the heat disconnected in my room:)

Donnie, you know it's not going to be a Gold Wing rally, right? http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

ringadingh
06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Make sure Donnie has lots of notice when we come out to NS, he will need some time to put an addition on the house to accomodate all of us. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

caper
06-30-2011, 09:14 AM
You guys are funny :):) No wing for me ....YET!!!! I have lots of room Steve :) Got your tent LOL
Cape Breton would be nice :) May be when The Thunder in The Highlands bike rally is on :) At my campground they have lots of cabins on the lake, although it is 1 hour from Sydney:( but the campground is on the Cabot Trail !

sly
06-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Where ever, when ever, you count me in http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

vulcanguy
06-30-2011, 04:08 PM
You can count me in for the Regional rally also.
Caper, just remember to lock your hotel room door...LOL
Cheers all!
:)

lw
07-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Will be watching this one develop. Would be great to combine the Border-to-Border run I want to make, with this rally.

cnc
07-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Will be watching this one develop. Would be great to combine the Border-to-Border run I want to make, with this rally.

Border to Border run, what would that consist of? I'm guessing from your location in Texas it would be the U.S - Mexican border to the U.S - Canadian border or some such variation.

lw
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Would be about a 1650 mile ride from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico to Windsor, Ontario Canada. The IBA has two variants of B to B one being the Insanity, in 24 hours or less, the other in 36 hours or less. I know the 36 hour time is do-able. The Insanity sounds like just what it's name suggests.

cnc
07-04-2011, 05:09 PM
That is cool and you would certainly be welcomed where ever we have this rally, but be fore warned We Canadians have been known to lets say slow down ones progress if they stop to party with us. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

lw
07-04-2011, 09:59 PM
The border to border would be behind me by the time I arrived at the rally for exactly that reason. The word is out on you guys from the land of the maple leaf.

cnc
07-05-2011, 06:58 PM
The border to border would be behind me by the time I arrived at the rally for exactly that reason. The word is out on you guys from the land of the maple leaf.

Sounds good. You may want to get off the bike for a bit by then anyway.
We're getting a reputation?, oops. ::)

davidjmurphy
07-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Dave here in Kentville Nova Scotia,I to will watch this develop and plan to attend. Riders from this region could meet along the way and travel together. Should have good weather that time of the year. My Laconia trips always get rained out. Riding in the rain sucks.

caper
07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey Dave welcome to Kawanow

cnc
07-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Well I guess you should have come to Maggie Valley with us Dave, we only got rained out half the time. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif It's a great group here, and we always have good time at the Kawanow rallies.

ringadingh
07-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome from Newmarket Dave. We always have a great time at our get togethers. Make sure you try to attend.

vulcanguy
07-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Welcome from Aylmer Quebec Dave!
:)

davidjmurphy
07-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys,happy to be here. Caper may be attending Thunder in the Highlands if so I will let you know,maybe we could hook up.

caper
07-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Ok Dave sounds good to me:)

davidjmurphy
07-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Got home form sea on the week-end,managed to get a ride in Yesterday. I got 300 kms to a tank of gas. The fuel light was on and flashing,but I still had gas in the tank. It was telling me I got 51.7mpg pretty good. Did both highway and secondary roads.

davidjmurphy
07-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Caper: Duty officer called may go to sea sometime on the week-end for 2 weeks. Looks like Thunder in the Highlands is not a go. However things change quick in this business. If its on again I will let you know.

davidjmurphy
07-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Duty officer called, have to go north for 28-32 days back to winter, summer is over for me. Drive safe everyone.

cnc
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Well that sucks, take care. 30 days will bring you close to September. Some of my best riding days occur during that month.

davidjmurphy
07-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Caper: where did you get your batwing and how high is the windshield. Looking around for one and maybe a trunk. Off to sea tomorrow -,hope to be home for the Wharf Rat Rally. Thanks

cnc
07-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Fish has just added a poll on the North Eastern board concerning our joint rally. We would like your preference, Weekend or mid week as well as a rough head count. Thanks.

fish
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi guys, I think Norms still on vacation so I figured I'd post this here for him.

Re: 2012 rally discussions
« Reply #101 Today at 1:36pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a self proclaimed meteorologist so I've been checking weather history and from my own experience tells me that June is a month that we can still have spring rains and August - September is peak hurricane season. We don't get the high winds but we do get several inches of rain. With this in mind I think we should have the rally in July. The first week and possibility the second week is out of the question because of the holiday as a lot of people have vacation. This leaves (start arriving on Sunday) July 15th, or 22nd or 29th for how many days we decide.

Now, if it does rain that doesn't give anyone the right to hang me high

So let hear some bitchin I mean comments http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

davidjmurphy
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
July sounds good.Weather is a big factor. However here ln Nova Scotia it has rained all summer so you never know. They called for a hot dry summer boy were they wrong. I quess it didn't matter I spent the summer at sea. That's what happens when you buy a new bike. Short staffed at the office. I am presenlly up north between Baffin Island and Greenland and its cold. Plan on making this rally next year missed them all this year.

Top Cat
08-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Just let Cindy & Me know when to be there. We will show up. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

bogatyrs
08-16-2011, 07:19 AM
I'll be there; thought I posted before but missed it. Can't wait and I only need enough notice so I can post the holiday early.

cnc
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Last week of July and first of August is now Construction Holiday in Quebec ( used to be last two weeks of July). A lot of businesses shut down during that time here and a lot of vacation traffic can be expected into the eastern U.S.

fish
08-16-2011, 08:43 AM
I'll be there; thought I posted before but missed it. Can't wait and I only need enough notice so I can post the holiday early.

mike you did post it but on the northeast board

cnc
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone, Larry and I discussed a few things today about the rally and have decided that the base Motel should be the Canyon Motel. http://www.canyonmotels.com/amenities.html
Thanks Lloyd for pointing this one out.
Also we think that the dates will be check in Monday July 16Th with 2 days of riding and 1 day of socializing and checkout Friday Morning.

bogatyrs
08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey everyone, Larry and I discussed a few things today about the rally and have decided that the base Motel should be the Canyon Motel. http://www.canyonmotels.com/amenities.html
Thanks Lloyd for pointing this one out.
Also we think that the dates will be check in Monday July 16Th with 2 days of riding and 1 day of socializing and checkout Friday Morning.

thanks fish I thought I was loosing it - at my advanced age that can happen you know http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif

timebandit
08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I have that week in the agenda as possibly attending ;). I'll keep a watch on this.

vulcanguy
08-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks Norm for the info.
This place looks good & like they say "Biker friendly"
Close to pretty much what we need.
I may just call them next week for a couple of questions I may have & should somebody would like to share, PM me.

sly
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm in....

caper
08-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I am in too :)

bogatyrs
08-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Already got it on my calendar... I'm in!

davidjmurphy
08-23-2011, 10:36 AM
I also plan to attend. Presently southwest of Greenland,hope to get home for the Wharf Rat Rally next week end. There should be around a hundred thousand bikes and people in that small town on the ocean. I just may make this one.

caper
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Dam I can't wait:) F'N Winter>:(

bogatyrs
02-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Unfortunately I had to cancel and will not be able to get there. Have a great rally and a refreshment for me.

cnc
02-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike. Give us your address so we know where to send the bar bill.:hmm:

sly
02-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike. Give us your address so we know where to send the bar bill.:hmm:

Stop harassing the old folk.... there must be a newbie coming that can pick up the bill

bogatyrs
02-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Donot worry, I know Steve will pick it up for me...

cnc
02-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Donot worry, I know Steve will pick it up for me...

You hear that Steve, Mike is going to pass you some money to pay our bar bill. Your such a great guy Mike.:tup::lmao:

minst7877
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Looks like I will be in the area for that week. The wife and I have a cottage rented 10 miles outside of Wellsboro. Don't know if the Nomad will be coming with me or not yet. Wife has never riden on a motorcycle and I haven't had one with two people on it since I was in high school. Will see how she likes riding this spring and then decide if the Nad will join us on our vacation.

cnc
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Hope you can join us. Bike or no bike be sure to drop in and see us.

minst7877
02-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Are there any planned ride routes yet?

fish
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
nothing etched in stone yet but one will be west on rt.6 maybe to Kinzua bridge.

The other will be south on rt.144 to rt.120 to williamsport river boat and N. on 287.

Still working on the details

Top Cat
02-15-2012, 07:01 PM
When you get the stones etched, send me a copy.
I want to put them in my GPS.

cnc
02-19-2012, 08:03 PM
When you get the stones etched, send me a copy.
I want to put them in my GPS.

Tim I suspected you had a few years on most of us, but I never knew you were old enough to remember that technology, congrats.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Blueraven
02-19-2012, 08:48 PM
I got a PDF from the web riding the WILDS OF PA. If there anyone interested in it, send me a PM and I will email it to you. It is 3.6M in size.

Top Cat
02-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Tim I suspected you had a few years on most of us, but I never knew you were old enough to remember that technology, congrats.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Good one funny man. >:

:D I remember it well. When I was in school we didn't have computers and cell phones. Hell, we didn't even have paper and pencils. Stone etching technology was the latest and greatest. :tup:
When we got homework it was hell draging that bag of stone tablets home and back. Damn thing must of weighed 75 pounds. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/eek7.gif

cnc
02-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Good one funny man. >:

:D I remember it well. When I was in school we didn't have computers and cell phones. Hell, we didn't even have paper and pencils. Stone etching technology was the latest and greatest. :tup:
When we got homework it was hell draging that bag of stone tablets home and back. Damn thing must of weighed 75 pounds. http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/images/icons/eek7.gif

Ha, Ha, Tim. I suppose if you got lost on the way home you could use GPS (global positioning stones) to find your way. :hmm::D

vulcanguy
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Note to self: Pack a new hammer/chisel & give it to Top Cat at the rally.

Top Cat
02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Note to self: Pack a new hammer/chisel & give it to Top Cat at the rally.

Thanks Guy, I will look you up to get my new writing instruments. :tup:

cnc
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
I got a PDF from the web riding the WILDS OF PA. If there anyone interested in it, send me a PM and I will email it to you. It is 3.6M in size.

That would be interesting to see Rhys. PM sent. Thanks.

fish
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Is it called "Motor Through the Pennsylvania Wilds" If so I have it, if its different you can send it to me. PM sent

To send it to Tim just tie the stone to a pigeons leg:tehe:

Top Cat
02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Is it called "Motor Through the Pennsylvania Wilds" If so I have it, if its different you can send it to me. PM sent

:D You guys are a riot.

cnc
02-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Thank God they came up with a new technology, all that weight was hard on the little guys. I think they called the affliction pigeon toed.:hmm:

Blueraven
02-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Isn't it called "Camel Toed....." LOL

Blueraven
02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
PDF sent to those who wanted it.

vulcanguy
02-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks Rhys!

PDF sent to those who wanted it.

cnc
02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Got it thanks.

sly
02-22-2012, 09:46 PM
PM sent... man I can't wait!!!!

Blueraven
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
PM sent... man I can't wait!!!!

Can't wait either.... sorry man, didn't get PM.. Need your email to send PDF...

sly
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Can't wait either.... sorry man, didn't get PM.. Need your email to send PDF...

sylvainlafrance222@videotron.ca

sly
03-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Got it thanks.... -16* celcius this morning, forcasting 10 on Thursday.... path to the bike is under 15 inches of shi* euh snow,10 days before we can leagally ride, but my butt will be roasting sooooooooo maybe when we get back, LET THE RIDING BEGIN!!!!

minst7877
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Well I finally got the wife to take a short ride on the bike with me. The good news is we didn't kill each other. Still not sure if she will continue riding with me or not. Our plans are firming up for the trip to the PA Wilds but my trailer just got toasted when someone decided they didn't need to stop behind it. So I have to get everything straightened out with that and get a replacement for it. Guess I should be thankful that I was in the van with the trailer behind me as it folded up and took the impact.

DC