PDA

View Full Version : san Fran Area lodging and dealer info

Chili
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Anybody with some good recommendations for a decent yet reasonably priced area to stay around San Fran? Any specific areas to avoid? We will roll into the area likely tomorrow on our 35 day trip and plan to spend a couple of days. are we best to stay a ways out and ride in to sight see?

Also looking for a decent dealer in the area as I'm due for an oil change and possibly a front tire.

cactusjack
06-22-2011, 10:07 AM
San Francisco is a very expensive place to stay. I would go south from SF on the Bayshore Freeway (101) and look in the area near San Francisco Int'l Airport. It's just a few miles south of downtown on the east side of the peninsula. Lots of small cities in that area: Brisbane, South SF, Millbrae, San Bruno, San Mateo, Colma, etc. Lots of hotels and lots of places to eat. The Bay area has a great public transit system. I'd recommend catching the BART train in one of the cities I listed and taking it into the city. SF is extremely compact and congested, similar to Manhattan.

I know there's a Harley dealer just a few blocks from the airport, but that isn't going to help you. Here's a Kaw dealer in Daly City, which is between SF and the area I'm talking about:

Mission Kawasaki
6232 Mission St
Daly City, CA 94014-2009

(650) 992-1234 Phone

and here's one IN SF:

Golden Gate Cycles Kawasaki
1540 Pine St
San Francisco, CA 94109-4612

(415) 771-4535 Phone

There are several more in the area, but across the bay on the Oakland side.

Happy and safe riding!