PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear that?

rickyboy
04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I thought I heard a pin drop .......it's been so damn quiet here.
Has the winter still got a hold on everyone???

Just checking !!!

rewindgy
04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Everyone in Calgary is out riding cause they are forecasting Rain / Rain / Rain & Snow for the next week or so! The Easter weekend was good here - lots of debris on the roads ( got a new rock chip in the windshield).

rickyboy
04-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the update. Midge lives in Calgary and has mentioned all the sand and gravel on the roads.
Ride safe everyone!! Stay in touch.

lomax
04-26-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm sure bummed out with this lousy weather but I think this week I'm gonna bite the bullet and licence the old girl. I just feel the need for speed! (or at least some wind in my face. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif) Beautiful weather on the Easter weekend but way to much company to do an riding.

Mike

rickyboy
04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm sure bummed out with this lousy weather but I think this week I'm gonna bite the bullet and licence the old girl. I just feel the need for speed! (or at least some wind in my face. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif) Beautiful weather on the Easter weekend but way to much company to do an riding.

Mike

Mike,... I hear you. I wish it would stop raining for longer than a day. I was down at "the cabin" on the weekend and "the kids" and grand kids were over Monday!! No time to ride.

Bdog
05-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Well its been a hell of a year so far for me! I lost an old buddy in Feb., my mom had a stroke, my dad died in march and one of my best friends died in april. Finally got the bike out for a short 1hr ride last week..felt great. I've got a trip planned in the last half of may and am really looking forward to a holiday. Hope everyone else is having a better year. Be safe, focus on your surroundings while riding..take care..Bdog.

lomax
05-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry to hear about the turmoil in your life lately. I always feel better about things when I'm in the wind. I hope you do too!

Where are you going in May for your ride?

Mike

Bdog
05-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Tks. Mike...Plan on leaving Ft. Mac. on the 15th..heading down to Salmon Arm to see a buddy..then try and get some hot, dry weather in the okanagon. Over to the island to help my mom out for a week. Then back to the okanagon again..up thru the kootneys then home...this is if the weather is good.

rickyboy
05-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Real sorry to hear what's been going on for you John. Even knowing some of the things are around the bend, doesn't make them any easier. All the best to you my friend.

I am still hoping to do the trip to the east coast for the rally but I have a health issue that might not allow it. Wait and see right now. Be sure to give me a call on the home line first then the cell, if you have time,... coming through town.

ringadingh
05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear about all that John, youve sure had your share of greif by the sounds of it.

Netnorske
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Bdog,
Sorry to hear of your recent sorrows, but like Mike said....a little wind in the face will bring some reflection and solitude to the mix....not a bad thing. We've been able to get out for a couple long day rides here in the last couple weeks...and it do feel goooooood.....!!

Netnorske
05-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I am still hoping to do the trip to the east coast for the rally but I have a health issue that might not allow it. Wait and see right now....

Bummer Ricky....I know how much you are/were looking forward to it. In case you can't make it....I know where there is another good Nomad gathering happening later in August.... ;) http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif!

schoeney
05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
BDog....I lost my Dad last July. My brother and I had planned on meeting the guys in Kalispell last year and debated on whether we still wanted to go because it was just a few days after Dad died.

It was great therapy for both of us. Lots of time to reflect and remember.

Hope the healing starts soon.

Ricky. Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope they turn out to be minor and you can go on the trip.

rickyboy
06-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Where the heck is everyone??? All you AB people out riding??

rewindgy
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Getting ready to go to Bike Night @ A&W on 16th and 4th Street tonight. Need to bulk up to swat all of the mosquito's that have hatched!

rickyboy
06-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Is that every Thursday evening? All types of bikes? I should tell my friend "midge" about it. Him and his son both just bought new bikes this year. Midge bought a new red 2010 Voyager and his son, a new Victory "Crossroads"? Maybe you'll see them there.

blackdogbrian
06-26-2011, 03:50 PM
riding, no - we're busy bailing out from all this vancouver like rain.
I'm thinking it's almost time to trade the nomad in as a down payment on a good arc....

rewindgy
06-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply! Yes, it's every Thursday night - if he googles bike night a blog and other stuff pops up - it tells you what theme they are having - Old Iron / Triple / American / Twin night / Thumpers / Scooters - and I beleive there was an Old Iron ride on Saturday morning, they bomb around town on very old bikes. Don't remember seeing a Cross Roads or new Verger there? I took my 1968 Bonanza down - it's a 2 stroke so I tried to kill as many bugs as possible!