PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the Trigger Today

03-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Well, I pulled the trigger today. Traded in the Nomad for a 2010 yellow Goldwing with Navi. I really, really hated letting go of the Nomad. It was and still is a great bike, but the Goldwing is something I have always wanted. I got a helluva good deal that I would have been a fool to pass up. My Dad used to say " You only go around once. If you work it right, once is enough". I still would like to be a part of KawaNow. I have some terrific friends here, and I don't want to leave. I still want to ride with you South Central guys, if you will have me. I'll be posting pictures, but right now, I am trying to learn all these #&*% buttons so I won't kill anybody.

Frank

oldbikers
03-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Frank you are welcome to ride with me any time and I know you will love the goldwing I know I did mine.

Bull Durham
03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Goldwing is a pretty nice bike, congrats! I wouldn't buy any other bike than my Nomad unless it was a Goldwing. I'm sure you are going to have a good time on that bike.

usranger74
03-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Frank

You want be the first GW rider to stay with KawaNow. Some dude from OK is also staying with us.

ringadingh
03-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on the new bike, they are a beautiful machine and Im sure youll enjoy it. Maybe we can see it at the rally.

03-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks, guys. Much appreciated. The feeling is mutual .

pirate
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on your new bike! Goldwings are beautiful bikes, and I can envision one in my future many years down the road. I don't think they can be beat for comfort, especially if you enjoy traveling with a passenger. Please stick around Kawanow, as I've enjoyed reading your posts. Can't wait to see some pics!

03-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks, prairie.

tombstone
03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
. My Dad used to say " You only go around once. If you work it right, once is enough". Frank

And going around once on a Goldwing is doing it in style! Congrats on getting the best touring rig available!

Kawhead
03-27-2011, 12:13 AM
I love Goldwings. I bought my Nomad from a guy who bought a Goldwing. If it weren't for Goldwigs, that wouldn't have happened. http://s2.images.proboards.com/cheesy.gif I hope the same will happen in your case to.

Absolutely, stick around. We're glad to have you.

Netnorske
03-27-2011, 02:00 AM
I could sense this was coming from your last thread....but it's all good. GW's are fabulous machines. If I could get one that I could lay back in instead of sitting upright on...I might even have one. Enjoy and do post some pics... http://s2.images.proboards.com/cool.gif.

redjay
03-27-2011, 06:43 AM
My reason for not having a Gold Wing is the ergonomics of the upright seating position and the footpegs directly below you.

waterman
03-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Congrats on the Goldwing. However, beware. Yellow goldwings are noted to attract birds. Friend owned one and he nailed a pheasant on the interstate.

Cajunrider
03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Congratulations Frank and Connie. Looking forward to our next ride together. Be careful.

paul
03-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Congratulations. And it's a good thing you got the yellow, cause since we can't hear you, we'll be able to see you and know where you are at all times http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif. I'd get one myself, except for the ergos. But there's not a bad thing that can be said about em.

wheelie
03-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Congratulations on the new ride that yellow really gets the attention of other on the road. Wings are great and now you can go to all the Wingdings. Ride that big sucker in good health.

03-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I really appreciate all of your comments and support. My wife and I are very excited, and are looking for many comfortable rides. The pegs are different. Floorboards are much better. Mitch, we need to go on a ride. I am going to try to get pics up sometime today. Thanks again.

roox
03-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Congratulations! Great bike you got there, enjoy!

Griz
03-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Congratulations on the Goldwing, I know you will love it. They are fine machines. Can't wait to see some pictures!

vulcans2
03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, congratulations on the new rocket ship! You're gonna love it. I traded in my yellow '05 Wing last year for the Nomad. For me it was the issue of ergos. Other than that, it was a fantastic machine. That great engine doesn't seem to care whether it's carrying just you or a passenger.

You'll find that accessorizing the Gold Wing can be a never-ending thing. Here's a website to a great GL1800 board. Lots of good folks and good information. Lots of BS, too, but you can filter that out. Have fun!

www.gl1800riders.com (http://www.gl1800riders.com)

nomadbehappy
03-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Congratulations on the new bike. I love Goldwings and plan on my next bike being one as well. Enjoy the new ride!

AlabamaNomadRider
03-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Congratulations Frank, I know you are going to love your Goldwing. Best bike on the road. Just a little pricey for me these days. I know I sure loved my '83 1100. They are a smooth ride.

Dave
03-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd love to have another. I really like that all the buttons are back-lit. Plus the center stand and reverse.

brote
03-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Good luck with the new Goldwing and I believe there is about 55 switch's and buttons on it. At my age it's hard to remember where the dimmer switch is. Great Bike.......

03-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys. It's a lot to get used to, but I'm a learnin . There are too many buttons. Haven't tried the gps yet.

trosco
03-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Painless, Had wings before and loved em but I really like my Nomad too! Wife wanted another wing and I'd do anything to make her happy so (chuckle!) I bought another wing to make her happy!

I too bought a ABS model 2010 wing, mines titanium in color. In Dec Honda was offering 4 yr unlimited mileage warranties, free $1000 of honda accessories and dealer was discounting MSRP $5000 and I got another $1000 off that for no trade.

So I kept the Nomad and still ride it when the wife doesn't come along! Maybe it's not to late to get yours bake from the dealer???

kenk
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Have a good friend with a yellow wing, , I keep him supplied with Short Bus jokes :)

GIBBY
03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Congratulations on the new Wing. They are the ultimate tourer. One of my riding buds has a 2007. I believe they are a sport bike incognito.

03-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate your comments. So far, I really like it. Since it's yellow, I'm having " We stop at railroad crossings " painted on the back. Someone asked me for a ride, thought it was a taxi. Seriously, so far, so good.