PDA

View Full Version : Chuckster's Light bar pictures?

markpenn1
03-24-2011, 01:12 PM
I was wondering if any of you folks have any close up; clear pictures of Chuckster's light bar. On his web page they are kinda of dark; for me anyway to see wanted details. Also I have a stock windshield with lowers...2006 Nomad. Any special tricks I need to know for installing. Do they do the trick for light; or more for personal looks.
Side comment here: I have always wonder this; do drivers of cars that are none motorcycle riding; etc.. that see a motorcycle coming with the light bar configurations; think that it is a car coming; but is far away enough for them to make a left turn; etc.. I have noticed when I am in a cage and see a motorcycle with light bar coming at a fare distance away; the middle light is generally dimer than the aux. lights and appears like a car that is coming far off. However I am more aware of this I guess because I ride a scooter and the lights seems to shake wee bit more than a cars. But for the none rider they might not recognize this? This theory can even apply for the day time as well. For no light bar scooters; cagers may not know what it is; car with burnt out light; motorcycle/scooter; bicycle; etc.. and stop for that nano second, before making that potential disastrous turn!!
Note: don't forget to answer my question about light bar pictures LOL..

chuckster131
03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Mark,
PM me a email address and I will send ya lots of pics.

I'm sure someone will chime in here and share thier thoughts as well.

blackdogbrian
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
I will have some photos, when the snow melts, I can get at my bike and mount the lights I got from Joe 3 months back......

but as for the light bar - I had one on the shadow, and I can't go back wihtout one. The extra lighting, the better field of vision, unmatched. Unless you do all your riding during the day or in the city under streetlights - I'll never own a bike wihtout a lightbar.
(I've already mounted silver bullets as ditch lights) - but still want the extra light bar vision.

Bull Durham
03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I just bought about a month ago Chucksters light bar. Very nice, looks great, but more importantly, I can see better at night. With my eyes slowly getting older, was having troubles at night seeing. With only the main headlight, when I twistie roads, was starting to get the "pucker factor" by scaring myself, couldn't see the curves / turns until I was right up on them.

Because of the weather, haven't done a lot of night riding this year, but have been riding pretty consistently for the past month to work. It's dark out when I ride in, and I can see WAY better.

I do think they make you more noticeable when approaching head on, as the main headlight always seems kinda washed out during the day, where the aux lights are way brighter.

Bull Durham
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Should of added, they were very easy to install, Chuck gives good instructions. They look great, very nice quality material. I had a couple of extra questions for Chuck, as I'm not the greatest when it comes to messing around with the electrical on the bike, and he was more than happy to assist with all my dumb questions.

Netnorske
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
I was wondering if any of you folks have any close up; clear pictures of Chuckster's light bar. On his web page they are kinda of dark; for me anyway to see wanted details. Also I have a stock windshield with lowers...2006 Nomad. Any special tricks I need to know for installing. Do they do the trick for light; or more for personal looks.
Side comment here: I have always wonder this; do drivers of cars that are none motorcycle riding; etc.. that see a motorcycle coming with the light bar configurations; think that it is a car coming; but is far away enough for them to make a left turn; etc.. I have noticed when I am in a cage and see a motorcycle with light bar coming at a fare distance away; the middle light is generally dimer than the aux. lights and appears like a car that is coming far off. However I am more aware of this I guess because I ride a scooter and the lights seems to shake wee bit more than a cars. But for the none rider they might not recognize this? This theory can even apply for the day time as well. For no light bar scooters; cagers may not know what it is; car with burnt out light; motorcycle/scooter; bicycle; etc.. and stop for that nano second, before making that potential disastrous turn!!
Note: don't forget to answer my question about light bar pictures LOL..

For this very reason I always ride with the main headlight on high-beam during daylight hours. I seldom ride at night, but the Aux lights really do help light up the roadway when I do.

1600bluekaw
03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I just installed a set of chucksters lightbar on the Nomad. Very easy to install & look great. Joe makes quality parts. Would post a picture but have not had a chance to get out in good weather yet.

jandreu
03-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Don't know about Chucksters Lightbar but I agree with you about the depth perception of lights at a distance. I installed driving lights on the roll bar for just this reason, gets them away from the headlight.

mobandy78
03-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Don't know about Chucksters Lightbar but I agree with you about the depth perception of lights at a distance. I installed driving lights on the roll bar for just this reason, gets them away from the headlight.

What kind of lights did you use for this setup? I want to do the same thing. You can PM me if you want to so we don't hijack this thread, or you can post here. Maybe others would like to know as well. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

MAS Tequila
03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn300/dragonchasers/windshield%20bag/

There are a couple of pics in this album.

MT

blackdogbrian
03-29-2011, 09:31 PM
my setup is similar to bubba's, the aux lights on the engine guard. Kury silver bullets is what I used. improves the depth perception of the bike, but doesnt' throw off that much extra light (when compared with a proper lightbar).
That's why I did both!

paul
03-29-2011, 09:42 PM
+1 on keeping the high beam and the aux. lights on. I do em day and night. Some people get testy, but p!$$ on em. At least they see me. Sometimes while in the cage at night, I'll have a bike coming at me, lights a blaring, but I just smile and understand.

joe3407nomad
03-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Its not a light bar! Its a two light kit with brackets, I bought one and I like it better than the light bars. Easy to install, (attaches right to forks) and I'm no mechanic. Also the lights have little blue lights on top of the housing which lets you know their on. All in all Nice set-up and worth the money. Joe (Chuckster) is a good guy to do business with, very responsive and will help with problems, should one arise.
PS: Ive bought a few mods from him, never any problems

jandreu
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Mine are Kury Silver Bullets with 50 watt bulbs.

mobandy78
03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks Bubba & Brian. I'll look into them.

yoda
03-31-2011, 07:53 PM
I sent pics of mine to Joe(Chuckster) so if you take him up on his offer, they will most likely be in the group he sends to you. The install was easy, and it looks great! Joe makes a great product and is a pleasure to deal with.