PDA

View Full Version : Heel rests

andre
09-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Hello Nomad colleagues

Following a summer of riding, I realize I need highway pegs or heel rests for my 2004 Nomad. The question is which way to go? Custom World International (CW) has beautiful multi-adjustable heel rests for 450$. Good thing there is the center of gravity stays lower with heel rests and closer to foot controls. However, CW states these will fit VN-1500 Classic and VN-1600 Classic and Nomad but do not indicate that these heel rests will fit VN-1500 Nomad (2004). Also these might be bothersome with feet on the floorboards.

Another option is the Küryakyn offset highway pegs that would permit to rotate the mounts enough to lower the pegs just in front of the floorboards. (250$). However, this system places your feet approximately 5 inches outside your crash bar.

I like to buy things once and buy it right so thanks for your input before I invest.

CHEERS!
Andre

Todd
09-02-2007, 08:35 AM
I use the offset highway pegs from Kuryakyn...and yes, you can rotate them to almost any imaginable position you want and then tighten em up . I positioned them to mainly rest my heel on the floorboard and toes on the pegs...but , can put feet all the way up there too if I want.

Not a problem for me being that distance from the controls.

dogdoc
09-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Ive got the Kury Longhorn offset duallys too. yes they make you spread your legs pretty wide but not too bad. if you get them too close to the floorboards they get in the way of the pedals. I would rec'd to anybody.

Doc

trip
09-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Like Todd, ditto on the Kury's, but mine have the stirrups. The set I have on my Nomad was also on previous bikes. Been using this set for about 6 years.

09-02-2007, 10:59 AM
1+ ;)

I use the offset highway pegs from Kuryakyn...and yes, you can rotate them to almost any imaginable position you want and then tighten em up . I positioned them to mainly rest my heel on the floorboard and toes on the pegs...but , can put feet all the way up there too if I want.

09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I have a set of regular highway pegs. They are harley davidson. My friend gave them to me for free because he went to the stirrup style and didn't want them. I think he said they were around 100 dollars which sounded expensive to me - there is no way I'd spend 450 on pegs! They look like Vulcancouple's from the pic. Chrome on bottom rubber on top and fold up. I mounted them in the middle of the bars and they work good if I put my feet square on them. If I try to rest my toes on the pegs and my heels on the floorboards the brake pedal gets in the way. I had them on my long trip and I probably spent more time with my feet up than down. It's definatley nice to change position. I had a bag on the passenger seat I was leaning back on. If my bars came back further it would have even been more comfortable. I guess I should get some risers.

Scoot
09-02-2007, 04:17 PM

Yea Todd
I'm set up the same way but I did get the Kuyakyn switchblades and they have a built in heal rest. Just gives me a few more options on those long trips.

Brad

andre
09-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the input. I guess Kuyakyn is the way to go.

CHEERS!
Andre

lw
09-03-2007, 06:52 AM
I added Kury Longhorns last week and they took care of the "hamstring nag" that I had had when riding longer than an hour. I wouldnt have given $250 for them though. Where are you shopping? I picked mine up at a Kaw dealer for under $150.

andre
09-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks,
I picked up the 250$ price for the longhorn extensions and peg from Kuryakin. I'll definitively look atswhere for a better price. Thanks again.

Andre

lw
09-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I picked mine up at Mancuso Power Sports for $139 plus tax.

Clear Lake Kawasaki Sea-Doo
12622 Highway 3, Webster, TX 77598
(281)486-4604
http://www.bigdaddymotorsportsonline.com/about.html
( I think Mancuso recently acquired Clear Lake Kaw )

09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I have a set of offset Kury's too. Mine were $129.99 + tax at Scootworks. I can ride with my heel on the floorboard and toe on the peg or my foot all the way up on the peg. I am considering getting the longhorn extension to put on them. Any thoughts on those?