PDA

View Full Version : Chuckster Single, Coasters, PC3 = Smooth

jasonc32amg
01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
I finished up the chuckster single intake, coasters, and pc3 installation tonight. It went very well and I like the cleaned up look on the bike. This Nomad is the easiest bike to work on I've ever had.

The intake and coasters came with everything I needed and when I got a little confused I called Joe and hear back from him in no time and was back on track. The pc3 I got from FuelMoto premapped for exhaust/intake. I had planned on getting it dynoed, and may still, but it runs super smooth now and feels spot on. The snatchiness between gears is gone. The bike is much smoother and quieter while cruising but the intake sounds sweet when I open it up. The throttle response is much improved and the acceleration has really picked up.

I'll add a pic of the stage where I got confused and the final product.

jasonc32amg
01-16-2011, 02:49 AM
The black circle is around the IACS hoses and I wasn't sure if they were supposed to stay in that location. The pics from the double setup had me wondering. After talking to Joe I ziptied them out of the way behind the new base plate.

jasonc32amg
01-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Here's a weak pic of the finished product...

The biggest potential hassle of this job would have been the crossover tube. Luckily the dremel cut it down to 5 minutes.

jasonc32amg
01-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Woops...posted wrong pic above.

soldierboy3502
03-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Did you have to take the tank off to do the install?

Jared
03-09-2011, 01:22 AM

Nope. No reason to take the tank off.

soldierboy3502
03-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, chucksters single plate, filter and coasters should be here tomorrow....yay!!!

Already on the bike are V&H baggers with modified baffles and PCIII.

jasonc32amg
03-09-2011, 11:24 PM

I took it off...it's easy enough and makes it easier to work around especially when installing the pc3.

markclark57
03-10-2011, 01:04 AM
My install of about the same Mods was a breeze . . . I took the instructions and parts to my local shop and picked it up a couple days later. =p
For most of the "have my own wrench" folk the installs are flawless, but still well worth the investment for those of us who choose the "Pay the Pro" route.

vulcan03
03-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I agree did mine and Joe was a great guy to work with ,,, smooth install as well 03 nomad. You can hear the bike breathe now