PDA

View Full Version : Removing fuel tank.

captain
09-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Just wondering when removing fuel tank with some fuel still in the tank does the fuel pump stop the fuel coming out of the tank or does it bleed by. I am assuming that it will not, just want to make sure.

My other bike has a fuel shut off and haven't had a fuel injected bike until now.

I realize that there is fuel in the line and that will leak out, just not sure about the remaining fuel in the tank.

Thanx in advance,
Phil

cactusjack
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Just wondering when removing fuel tank with some fuel still in the tank does the fuel pump stop the fuel coming out of the tank or does it bleed by. I am assuming that it will not, just want to make sure.

My other bike has a fuel shut off and haven't had a fuel injected bike until now.

I realize that there is fuel in the line and that will leak out, just not sure about the remaining fuel in the tank.

Thanx in advance,
Phil

When you disconnect the fuel line, there is a check valve in the outlet that prevents the fuel from leaking from the tank. Maybe a drop or two, but that's about it.

captain
10-04-2010, 09:44 AM
That is what I thought, but you never know. Removing the tank in my garage so didn't need any surprises.
Thanks again,
Phil