PDA

View Full Version : Help needed in Phoenix Az

tombstone
09-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I copied this from the Pashnit board....and was hoping someone here could help. I'm working on getting a phone number.
Ken

My sister is on a very long solo ride and a serious medical problem has put her in the hospital in Goodyear, AZ. She knows no one in the area, and she needs to have her bike and gear moved from her motel to a safe storage area. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I will have to find a bike dealer who can do it. I called the motel, and was told that the bike is OK for now, but it will have to be moved and stored in a day or two. The motel is at I-10 and Dysart. Issues such as: "is there a key to unlock the forks?" and "will the motel release the bike and gear?" remain to be answered. The bike is a new Kaw 900 cruiser, yellow with green flames (sorry, ASU fans - she did enjoy the game). I am in Portland, and can't get down there immediately. Can anyone help us?

tombstone
09-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Apparently resolved. "Skibold" from the Pashnit board is on his way to retrieve the bike.

Cajunrider
09-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Hope she is feeling better soon. Praying for a speedy recovery.

cactusjack
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm glad someone was able to help her. I am stuck at work and on call all week, and since Goodyear is a good hour or so from me, I can't be that far from computer access for any length of time.

tombstone
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm glad someone was able to help her. I am stuck at work and on call all week, and since Goodyear is a good hour or so from me, I can't be that far from computer access for any length of time.

I found out she was being taken care of shortly after I called you. The hotel, and some riders are helping out until she can continue her ride.

cactusjack
09-28-2010, 08:55 PM

I found out she was being taken care of shortly after I called you. The hotel, and some riders are helping out until she can continue her ride.

You called me?

Edit: I just checked my cellphone and there was a voicemail from you. I had my phone with me all day and it never rang. Darned AT&T!

tombstone
10-01-2010, 08:23 PM

You called me?

Edit: I just checked my cellphone and there was a voicemail from you. I had my phone with me all day and it never rang. Darned AT&T!

Sure sure....that's what my kids say too! http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Top Cat
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
It is not just AT&T Scott.
I have had people tell me they called back and the phone went right to voice mail. I have Verizon.

cactusjack
10-01-2010, 11:19 PM
It is not just AT&T Scott.
I have had people tell me they called back and the phone went right to voice mail. I have Verizon.

Depending on where I am in my house, I either have 3G coverage or extended roaming. I'm ditching AT&T as soon as my contract is up in December.

Quite often at work my phone doesn't ring and I'll find a voicemail on the phone later.

AlabamaNomadRider
10-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Glad all issues seem to have been taken care of Tombstone. Hope all goes well with the rider.