PDA

View Full Version : WTB Trunk and RACK

crabbypaddy
09-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I am looking for a Scootworks trunk and Wompus rack.... if i am going to keep the Nad I need to make her a 2 up bike! I have read on here Scootworks is a bad company to deal with .... I do like the trunk so I am looking for a used one.....

petenomad
09-14-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't think Scootworks is a bad company to deal with. I think the problems discussed on here have been metal fabricated parts. If they have something in stock, I think you would be fine.

trosco
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Pat, I lived 20 miles from Scottworks store in Zebulon NC for several years. Dealt with them in person and since I moved to FL have dealt with them over phone and via internet. They are an excellent group of people to deal with and they provide quality componets.
ONE person posted a derogitory rant on this forum and as is often the case everyone loves to share those messages and it became a epitath that will go on Scootworks gravestone.
No one ever gives any credence to anything but the negative comments. Scootworks offers a discount to our members, if they haven't pulled it because of that experience. As I said they sell good quality stuff generally. They are not always the lowest price but they are usually competive and a couple times when I have had and "apples to apples" comparison where their price was significantly higher than the going rate they have been willing to negotiate.
I'd buy from them again in a minute! A couple people on this forum own their trunks and maybe they will chime in on their experience.

MAS Tequila
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Take a look at this trunk:
http://www.oldinc.com/oldystourpack.htm

and for Wompus:
http://wompusracks.com/

MT

crabbypaddy
09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks Ross ....... I WILL by a new trunk from them...... your word is all I need .......

cactusjack
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
I bought my trunk and matching backrest from Scootworks. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.

rhunt4
09-17-2010, 07:21 PM
I have dealt with scootworks a couple of times and had no problems at all I like the scootworks 111 trunks too I went with one off of a ventura just because of the way it is made. It is hard to beat the wompus rack to mount with