PDA

View Full Version : NORTH EAST RIDE

flightdoc
08-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Hey you guys. I love all the pictures you posted of the Lake George ride. One of these days, soon I hope, I'll be able to show up and meet all you folks. That part of New England is very nice. Believe me when I say seeing those pics after sitting here in Iraq for the past year make me wanna cry. So nice to see color and mountains. Denise and I spent a long weekend there three summers ago. Great ride. Thanks for all the postings.

vin

ps: I'm now located in Kuwait for the next few days, then on to Texas for a week then.....Home for good.

sarge1057
08-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Be safe , if the weather is good this fall its even nicer for a ride in that area.

Loafer
08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm just outside of Montpelier, Vt. and I go to DHMC at least once a month. We could meet for breakfast or lunch and go for a ride. Have a safe trip.

Top Cat
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Yeah stay safe Vin. Texas and home for good, that sounds good huh.
That rally was even more fun than the pics make it look. Maybe you can join us next time. http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif
Some of us will be at the National rally in June 2011. Maybe we can meet up there.

flightdoc
08-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Hey loafer. what/where is DHMC?
TC, I will be catching up with you guys one of these days.

Loafer
08-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey loafer. what/where is DHMC?
TC, I will be catching up with you guys one of these days.

I'm sorry, your address said N.H. so I thought you knew where that was. DHMC is Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Hanover, New Hampshire. It's about 65 miles from my home. Where is your home?

macmac
08-10-2010, 12:32 PM
FLIGHTDOC, Whatchyou tawkin? NY is no part of New England! NE has just 6 states and while maybe i wish that part of NY was, it ain't!

loafer, he probably knows where DHMC is but it has that tangy MC, so I bet he skipt a cog and took it for a Harley joint. Maybe Dave's Harley MC, and I never heard of that place either.

You better look out, or I will have you tawkin in circles wondering whatchu mean http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Loafer
08-10-2010, 02:37 PM
macmac, You Know I didn't think of that. Maybe we could ride over to where ever that is, you know the first thursday of every other month during winter before spring.

flightdoc
08-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Loafer, I do knowwhere Dartmouth Hitchcock is located. Never seen it abbreviated before. Hey mac........I was just trying to be neighborly to the NY's since they did provide such beautiful scenery. You won't lose me ....yet.

Loafer
08-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Loafer, I do knowwhere Dartmouth Hitchcock is located. Never seen it abbreviated before. Hey mac........I was just trying to be neighborly to the NY's since they did provide such beautiful scenery. You won't lose me ....yet.

When you get all settled in we will have to do a ride. Don't worry

about mac, he gets that way when he's hungry.

macmac
08-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Who Me ??? LOL. All I can say is it's a good thing that for better than a decade now I have been goin ova' to that lake and keeping the yanquez away. Makes a nice safe trolly ride for some huh?

There are little islands up that lake where very real F&I battles took place, and some still have minor earth works, if you know where to look.

The event happens after the park is closed and isn't for the public. The few public that find us are none to sure of what in jumpin blue blazes is goin' on either.

They see guys here and there with funny looking uniforms and strange clothing, me in paint and more than half naked, all armed with muskets LOL

Loafer
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I suggest we go for a ride to these forts and outcroppings, so you can show us where you do these reenactments. What say you?

macmac
08-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Better get a pontoon set on yer Nomad fer that. Get a boat and go to the island of finita (spelling may be wrong) That remains the best earthen works left IMO. Floating Battery as well still has some, but better than 200 years passing has reduced much of Floating Battery, an island 2 really.

I get there from Hulets Landing and use a canoe heading south. I got charts from that time as repro chrats. somewhere...... We have very limited living space and moved here in Dec 06, leaving much boxed up still, and remaining so till some move in a future. I can dig that stuff up if need be though. I also have a modern chart of the lake made in a water proof plastic, and I use it on the lake in the canoe. Thar's a lot of boats in the bottom of that lake and I don't want mine with me in it to be there.

Once i could see a D-8 under the water there too, I doubt I could locate that quickly anymore. My best guess is it fell thru ice. Perhaps it broke down ?

In another place there is a monument under water too, a place i could not locate quickly, but I saw it, but could not read it.

Loafer
08-12-2010, 02:50 PM
You wont get me in a canoe anywayhow. Maybe Flightdoc and I could meet you for lunch at the nearest grubwagon over your way. I'm not even sure I know were you are.

macmac
08-14-2010, 01:02 PM
That's ok as I have no idea where your town is either. I am near Conway south of the kanc by 15 miles (east entrance). I had a my bro in law these past few days a HD rider. I got hit to Fairlee Vt to go to south of Baltimore this Am to where he lives. Fairlee to here is close to 65 miles.

My bro was to make it home today 500+ one way, and all Interstate. I'ld hate that ride.

He has business in Boston, so came up hellish I -95.

It's longer but hopefuly faster taking 91 to Hartford, 84 to Scranton to 81, then I guess 83.

I hate that mess too. All he's got is good weather.

Rt 25 a in Nh is nice ridin' but real contradictory from going in the fields of wild flowers to concrete hell.

radco
08-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Vin, Glad youll be back in the ststes soon...Ill be posting a ride Sept/Oct for NH/VT.. not sure of times yet.
THANKYOU for your service
Rich

Top Cat
09-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Vin, Glad youll be back in the ststes soon...Ill be posting a ride Sept/Oct for NH/VT.. not sure of times yet.
THANKYOU for your service
Rich

Rich, when you decide on the dates for this ride let me know by PM. If Cindy and i can make it i would hate to not know when it is.
I think that made sense. :-/

radco
09-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Not looking good for a New England ride this year.. :'(

Loafer
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM

Rich ,if you going to Tamworth let me know when.

radco
09-12-2010, 09:09 AM

I want to visit Bill,,and if I have extra $$ have him do some work on the Nomad :) Ill let you know when I head up...

Loafer
09-12-2010, 09:14 AM

I want to visit Bill,,and if I have extra $$ have him do some work on the Nomad :) Ill let you know when I head up...

Looking forward to it.

flavor
09-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Don't forget to keep me in the loop if a NE get together happens this yr. I'll try to make it whenever it is, though not a definite.