PDA

View Full Version : Utah Burger run Sept 24-25

tombstone
08-01-2010, 11:16 AM
There are several riders from Las Vegas and Salt Lake area of Utah that do "Burger Runs" to Hoovers Restuarant near Marysvale Utah. Hoovers has great burgers/food, but the real treat is the ride and bench racing.

So....we thought it would be fun to do an overnight there, here is the plan;

Overnight Hoovers Burger run;
Friday (night) 24th - arrive at Hoovers, dinner at the pavilion
Saturday 25th - Ride the loop (Torry, Escalante, Bryce NP Pantuitch, back to Hoovers) about 250 miles on scenic and curvy roads! Dinner at the pavilion.
Sunday 26th - Ride home.

Hoovers will give us a 10% discount on housing, I have a two bedroom cabin reserved that will sleep 8. They have a "duplex" cabin for $130ish each side that can open and have one big happy family type setting..

Meals...It will either be eat at the restuarant or BYOF. I think it would be fun to use the pavilion for meals (at least dinner) most cabins have at least a kitchenette, so you can fix meals in your cabin if desired. Also..if we use the pavilion we need to clean up our mess or get charged $50.

Hoovers rents ATVs should anyone be so inclined. I will be doing the bike ride, but some of the others know the ATV roads there if someone is interested.

If you are wanting to come along, here is the Hoovers website;
http://www.hooversresort.com/

The weekends up to this weekend are booked...I have no idea how much in advance one would need to book to be safe....

So there you go! I'm hoping to get a bunch there to join the fun. More plans later, as I get an idea of numbers attending (if any...)

Mention my name (Ken Whetstone) or "the burger run' for the discount.

Hope you can make it!!

ells
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Ken,

Sounds great, wish I could join. Many years ago there was a book popular with private pilots called "The $100 Hamburger" about similar exploits but not including the overnight, sounds like bikers are getting there too, if not bettering it.

tombstone
08-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Ken,

Sounds great, wish I could join. Many years ago there was a book popular with private pilots called "The $100 Hamburger" about similar exploits but not including the overnight, sounds like bikers are getting there too, if not bettering it.

Wish you could make it Ells....but that would be quite ride for a burger...maybe your's would be a $200 burger!

tombstone
08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
Not much interest shown on this forum, but I'll post an update here anyway.

I just called Hoovers and changed my res to a smaller cabin in anticipation of Moma coming with me, so the 8 person cabin is now open.

We should start getting a roll call so meals, etc can be planned. If you are going do you want to share dinner at the pavilion? If so, dinner and clean up would need to be a group effort, also plan on a few coins for paper plates etc. What about breakfast? Lunch will be on the road.

I'll start the roll call and update to the "My-two-wheels" forum those that reply;

Attending;
Tombstone + 1 Dinner at pavilion, breakfast as the group decides.