PDA

View Full Version : Worst trip ever!!

Bdog
05-30-2010, 10:22 AM
I left Northern Alberta (Ft.Mcmurray) in +1 temp. and a 40km WIND at 530am. An hr to the west it had just dropped 20cm of SNOW and a hr to the east was 2 TORNADOS approaching my area. I rode hard all day in RAIN and only made it to Red deer which was about 700kms. The next morning, back on the road at 530am down to Calgary, over the Rockies and all the way to Cache Creek. This was in RAIN,SNOW,WIND and HAIL for 14hrs. I bunkered down for a day then back on the road to Vancouver Island thru the Garibald's then down thru Whistler in cloudy, RAINing cool conditions. I stayed for a couple days with my 80yr old folks, good to see them, yes it was RAINing both days. The next day I visited friends in the RAIN. The following morning I was on the 630 ferry headed home, in the RAIN and WIND but only made it to Cache Creek, oh yeah, hooked up with Ricky Boy in Langely for a coffee, good to meet him, nice guy. Then off again in the RAIN,SNOW and WIND to Edson, stayed the nite. Last day of trip was in RAIN,WIND, SNOW for 8 hrs until I got home. The bike went into the garage, still packed and I went straight into the hot tub to unthaw. If I had known the weather was so bad I would have taken the truck but I did have a great time with family and friends..Bdog
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u319/blackiedog/boyle/100_0765.jpg

lw
05-30-2010, 03:54 PM
You are my hero Sir. I'll ride cold or wet, but not both. And my cold and your cold are Octaves apart. I wonder how much colder it would have been if not for Global Warming. . . ;)

Cajunrider
05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
You are one heck of a trooper Bdog. I've ridden in cold rain, hail a couple of times but never on or in snow. Don't care for either.

petenomad
05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I like to ride, but that sounds more like work than fun. I think I would have just stayed home. More power to ya.

elvis
05-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Bdog, you and your Nomad are a road warrior! Good job.
E.

billybob
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Bdog, glad you kept the "shiny side up" and made it back home in one piece. My worst trip ever was a 1k jaunt from Minnesota to Pennsylvania on a late April weekend in 2005. I picked up my "new" '96 BUBF in Minnesota and got stranded 3 nights in Illinois waiting for a fluke snowstorm to clear from the Great Lakes area. Rain was moving in from the west while the east thawed out. When I came through the Cleveland area there was 6" of snow in the median strips, even though the roads were clear and dry. Conditions from Illinois were sunny, but VERY windy and cold. Didn't have a hot tub, but I sat in the shower under hot water for about 45 minutes when I got home.

Cheers, and happier trails in the future...

BB

rickyboy
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
John
I'm glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Really too bad the weather sucked so bad for you.
It was nice to meet yet another nice guy and great member.

lomax
05-31-2010, 09:54 AM
John
The weather has been terrible for sure! Just glad to hear you got home safe and sound. Would have been nice to hook up with you for a coffee. Maybe next time! :)

1badbagger
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds like a good ride! Glad you made it safely. Just think, If the weather had been perfect, it wouldn't have made much of a story! Rain just means it bath day.