todd1960
05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I need a tool kit for 2003 nomad

cactusjack
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I need a tool kit for 2003 nomad

This is from cheapcycleparts.com
56007 TOOL-KIT 56007-1465 1 <s>$120.95</s> $100.79

$100 for those crappy little tools! Go to Cruztools.com and get a Roadtech M3 kit, which contains a better selection of quality tools for around the same price or assemble your own from Craftsman tools or something.

todd1960
05-21-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't know why people have to take the kit out of these bikes I brought the bike used. I mite have to make one up.

macmac
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
There is just one item in the stock kit you might want, but i really wouldn't know why, but that is the plug socket. It removed the plugs taking a wicked long time about it, and can undo the plug sleeves and the ft axel sort of.

Lowes has as good a tools as you need, and I have several from there as good if not better than my Snap On.

The axel tool is something I made up of a bolt and 2 nuts. It will undo the plug sleeves too, and a thin wall plug socket will get the plugs.

A folding metric allen tool will get the common sizes. from 6 to 19 wrenchs and sockets will be advised.

The quality of the wrenchs and pliers in the stock tool kit SUCK. If that kit cost 100 bucks your money is better spent at lowes home depot or any auto store.

Walley world has cheap but pretty good ice pick test lights and a G&E multimeter that is ok for tossin in the bags and riding.

ringadingh
05-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Are you sure thats its not there? Its kind of hidden in a lower compartment behind your LH sidecover. A lot of guys have thought it was missing when it just hard to find the first time.
Im sure Harbour freight would have a decent selection that you could make up at a fraction of the price. All you need is a few metric wrenches, allen keys, plug wrench and pliers, plus whatever else you think you may need.