PDA

View Full Version : Heat Shield for Canadian Riders

cdneh
05-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi Folks
I contacted Kawasaki Canada today (May 18/10) as I asked my dealer about a month ago if he had any information about the heat shield being provided for Canadian riders and he had nothing to report then, and has not called me with new info since. The customer service rep at Kawa Canada said that a bulletin has been just translated into the two languages and is ready to go out to dealers. She said to have the dealer contact the warranty person who would send out the part right away even before the bulletin is distributed. I made the call today and the dealer did not know about this so he was going to follow up. Hopefully one will arrive soon but you may want to ask your dealer to be proactive too.
Clyde

submarinerwolfe
05-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I was wondering about that actually. I ride into the winter so it hasn't been too much of an issue, but it hit near 30 yesterday and WOW, it was hot. The guy riding the pig next to me was sympathetic though :)

drno
06-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Heat kit was installed on my bike on Tuesday.

grizzdog
07-11-2010, 06:25 PM
i have had the heat sheilds on for a while now and it has made huge differance but the right side blows hot in my face , i made longer lower sheilds and this has made no differance ,the heat comes up when my foot is on the flor board , if i put my foot on the hiway peg it is gone. A harley buddy says the have a under the tank sheild , i ahve not found anything for the 1700 yet. Any one had this same problem , thanks Dave G

grizzdog
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
correction to the last post it is the left side , thanks Dave G

redjay
08-25-2010, 11:20 AM
I talked to a Kawi dealer last week about the heat shield fix. He had never heard about it.

drno
08-26-2010, 03:15 PM
I find the heat is now balanced on both side. At least I can sweat the same same on both sides now and maintain my balance when I get off.