PDA

View Full Version : Thread locker, where is it needed on the Nomad

captain
05-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Threat locker is your friend, does anyone have a comprehensive list of bolts and nuts to apply to. Permanent (red)and semi-permanent (blue).

Some are quite obvious however there are ones I would rather find out about on this forum than to find it missing during regular maintanance.

Many thanks in advance.

drno
05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
There are two allan head screws on each of the saddle bags handle trim that I had vibrate loose. If you hear a buzzy rattle from back there, check those quick before they fall out. Open the bag lid then you can see them directly on the outside. They retain that chrome surrounding the black handle.

Netnorske
05-21-2010, 02:26 PM
There are two allan head screws on each of the saddle bags handle trim that I had vibrate loose. If you hear a buzzy rattle from back there, check those quick before they fall out. Open the bag lid then you can see them directly on the outside. They retain that chrome surrounding the black handle.

When I added my trunk one of those bolts vibrated loose. I added some lock washers and they have stayed tight ever since....