PDA

View Full Version : Highway pegs

dbaliko
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm looking to add a set of highway pegs to my Nomad 1700. I had a great pair on my Nomad 1500 that attached to the front floorboards. However, I can't seem to find anything like that available for the 1700. Does anyone know of a set that attached to the floorboards?

Doug

muddler
04-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a set of Kuryakyn mounts and pegs on mine. They did however require me to drill one hole (per side) and tap them. Otherwise they fit perfectly.

Don't know if your last set behaved the same, but with the pegs down (that is for riding with your feet on them), they hit the pavement pretty easily when cornering. Otherwise, I really like them.

I commented on these pegs regarding the Voyager in "meat"'s thread asking about pegs for his ride.

peterdarby
04-19-2010, 06:53 AM
I bought the kuryakin longhorn pegs and put them on the engine guards. With the longhorns you have a very wide range of riding positions, from a couple inches forward of the guards to a couple of inches behind the guards. For my short little troll legs about 1.5 inches back of the guards is perfect.

meat
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey I put the longhorn pegs on my Voyager and they work great.

submarinerwolfe
04-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Same here on the longhorns. I put mine on the engine guards and it is just perfect for me.